Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral bonus still not received

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else from Canada Ontario received their referral bonus? Purchased my model 3 in early May and still have not received my 7500 bonus. My sales rep said he put in a code for me but and that it's "in the system" but haven't received anything. Texted him again last week and he said there was nothing he could do. Tried emailing another tesla rep that handled my car delivery but have not received a single reply. Even tried contacting customer service to no avail...at this point I'm pretty pissed off. Not so much for the monetary value as its only some free super charging, but the principle of it all, and at the way every tesla rep has been ignoring me.

Did you use the code to place your order or did the sales rep add the code to your order for you? In the past a number of members have posted that Tesla denied the bonus miles because the order was not placed with the code. They don't seem to care that the sales rep put the code in the system and told you that you would get the bonus miles. It's been a big source of frustration here.

This is exactly what happened. The sales rep said that they would enter the code for me so I didn't have to. This is ridiculous. Why would they allow their sales rep to screw over the customer? Are they planning on resolving this or what lol.
Did you use the code to place your order or did the sales rep add the code to your order for you? In the past a number of members have posted that Tesla denied the bonus miles because the order was not placed with the code. They don't seem to care that the sales rep put the code in the system and told you that you would get the bonus miles. It's been a big source of frustration here.

This is exactly what happened. The sales rep said that they would enter the code for me so I didn't have to. This is ridiculous. Why would they allow their sales rep to screw over the customer? Are they planning on resolving this or what lol.

Unfortunately you are another person who was told by a sales rep that they could add the code after the fact when Elon made the decision a few months ago to void those referral codes unless they were entered at the time the order was placed.

In a normal company they would honor the deal if the salesperson told you that you would get the bonus miles. But as we all know, nothing about Tesla is normal. You can try to fight with the people who work the referral program but so far nobody has posted a success story about getting them to provide the bonus miles in this situation. It’s just a lousy situation all around.

Unfortunately you are another person who was told by a sales rep that they could add the code after the fact when Elon made the decision a few months ago to void those referral codes unless they were entered at the time the order was placed.

In a normal company they would honor the deal if the salesperson told you that you would get the bonus miles. But as we all know, nothing about Tesla is normal. You can try to fight with the people who work the referral program but so far nobody has posted a success story about getting them to provide the bonus miles in this situation. It’s just a lousy situation all around.
The problem is the issue is not publicly known. They just need some bad press and then we'll see if they play ball. I wouldn't care if I bought the car through some third party, but I went through a Tesla rep, thus they should be responsible. Especially since I am a customer.

Happy to report that after 9 weeks I was pleasantly surprised to see 5,000 miles show up in my loot box today.

My father ordered his 3 without my link and like many others, the sales reps said they manually put the referral code in the system.

We sent a few emails but gave up about a month ago, assuming we'd never see them.

Anyone else?