Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral codes at Costco gas stations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had this feeling that anyone who is willing to wait in that huge ass line at Costco gas stations would benefit from a Tesla. Especially a good amount of those people are driving expensive cars (Mercedes, BMW) in the same price range as Tesla yet they think its worth waiting in line to save 10-30 cents per gallon, which probably only a savings of a few bucks for a full tank to not go to Chevron.

I told the Tesla representive (who sold the car to me) if I should give out my referral code to people at Costo gas stations. Said if I was successful to convince everyone to buy a Tesla at Costco gas stations I probably could work for Tesla instead.

Alot of people who fill up at Costco gas stations likely have the means to buy a Tesla. If they think saving a few bucks to wait in a long line for no name brand gasoline, I don't get why they wouldn't consider a Tesla. Most of them probably own a house too so they could just charge at home.

Having a Tesla, its nice not having to stop at a gas station.

I fuel up my ice at Costco sometimes, because why not? Wife has a membership anyway and it’s actually really convenient for me. Although I do try to stick with Exxon/mobil stations, Costco is not a bad option.
Also Costco gasoline probably comes from the same refinery as the chevron stations.

A lot of people have heard of Tesla by now, I think that’s safe to assume, so why would you think that loitering around and telling people about Tesla would convince them to buy one?

I don't think it's that much a problem to fill up at Costco. The line goes fast and you can choose less busy times to go or just go to Arco, also pretty cheap. BTW, gas is fungible, imo, like oil (the raw commodity). Whether it's Techron or some other Shell, Arco, 76 additive they all work the same. You can google gasoline tier quality if you're really concerned.

Range anxiety still absolutely exists with Teslas and the people that buy them have just decided to manage it. I think for those people with 60k ICE cars simply enjoy not having to manage that issue and the brand they buy has the features they like. I have or had BMWs, Audis, and a Tesla. They're equally convincing if you tune your priorities a certain way.