Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral: How soon do you get award?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My referral got their car delivered in early July. I'm wondering how soon I can get the kid series model s. When I tap on my awards in the app, it shows "there was an error retrieving award details." Any ideas? I tried emailing Tesla and have not received a reply.

I'm in a similar boat, with some friends I referred getting their car about a month ago too.

In my account, the referral shows up as "delivered" and I see a black charger as an option for the reward, but no way to "redeem" the referral. My email has also gone unanswered...

I'm in a similar boat, with some friends I referred getting their car about a month ago too.

In my account, the referral shows up as "delivered" and I see a black charger as an option for the reward, but no way to "redeem" the referral. My email has also gone unanswered...
I couldn't figure out how to chose the reward on Tesla's website either, but with the loot-box in the phone app it's very simple. I selected the award about a month ago, haven't heard anything more since.

I couldn't figure out how to chose the reward on Tesla's website either, but with the loot-box in the phone app it's very simple. I selected the award about a month ago, haven't heard anything more since.
Ah thanks...

I've looked there too, and although it shows I have one referral, I don't see any way to select or redeem it.

Am I looking the reward info page wrong and do I need MORE than one?:

1 to 2 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for each of their first and second referrals.

• Signature Black Wall Connector
    This matte black Wall Connector is exclusive to the Referral Program and includes an etch of Elon’s signature. This award will start shipping in July 2018.
  • Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kids
    Share the Tesla experience with your kids, with this miniature drivable electric Model S – including working headlights, a sound system, and a charge port, just like yours.

Yes, it shows as "Delivered" with a June 2018 date in the app, but no way I can figure out to order :(
Maybe you need to update the app? On an iPhone it's pretty obvious. Now that I chose the award, it's visible under the "MY AWARDS" button when you scroll to the bottom. That button may have said something different before I selected the award. You definitely only need one delivered referal. That's all that I have and it let me choose the signature charger and provide a shipping address.

Edit:
Maybe I tapped on the "i" inside the circle describing the "next award" to order it. I can't remember, but it didn't take long at all with the phone app. I tried a lot longer and harder on the website and made no progress.

Last edited:
Maybe you need to update the app? On an iPhone it's pretty obvious. Now that I chose the award, it's visible under the "MY AWARDS" button when you scroll to the bottom. That button may have said something different before I selected the award. You definitely only need one delivered referal. That's all that I have and it let me choose the signature charger and provide a shipping address.

Edit:
Maybe I tapped on the "i" inside the circle describing the "next award" to order it. I can't remember, but it didn't take long at all with the phone app. I tried a lot longer and harder on the website and made no progress.
App is updated to latest, and no awards buttons, and nothing tappable on the referral page:
app.png

I’m having same issue.
Referred order delivered on June 28th, logged in app, but no clear way to order prize/award

I’m assuming it will appear in the “ my awards” section?

Attachments

• A2A7FC35-B0C5-41AA-A0EB-A76EE467EA24.png
    A2A7FC35-B0C5-41AA-A0EB-A76EE467EA24.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 46
Usually you get an email when you can redeem your reward, goes to the registered MyTesla email address & can be a good few weeks after delivery of referred vehicle. I get the feeling it's maybe a bit of a manual process & they get done in batches. The emails I received contained instructions on how to accept & redeem rewards (I think from memory). In the app you can go into My Awards to monitor progress of rewards or fill in details required like an address. I think I've done a mixture of both for my referrals i.e. some were just an email - mini-Tesla & wall connector - others came through the app - wheels & PW2. I think this is because My Awards was broken for a good while on my app (Android) for whatever reason. Seems to be all working now though :)