Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral program disappeared for me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a former Model S owner who self-referred for a Model 3 Performance that I took delivery of this past Saturday. When I ordered using my referral code, the order showed up in the loot box and in my Tesla account on the website.. and the status of the order did update to "delivered" when I took delivery of the Model 3.

Yesterday, the Model S that I traded in was finally removed from my Tesla account, and it looks like my referral program went with it.

I no longer have the Loot Box in my Tesla app. Nothing about the referral program in my Tesla account on their website. And if I try to visit my referral link, it just redirects to Referral Program instead of allowing me to place a new order.

Aside from being unable to refer any new potential buyers, I'm now worried that I won't get the free supercharging on my Model 3, or the Radio Flyer Model S that my daughter has been looking forward to.

Has anyone seen something like this before? Does anyone know who I can contact to fix it?

• Informative
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
I'm a former Model S owner who self-referred for a Model 3 Performance that I took delivery of this past Saturday. When I ordered using my referral code, the order showed up in the loot box and in my Tesla account on the website.. and the status of the order did update to "delivered" when I took delivery of the Model 3.

Yesterday, the Model S that I traded in was finally removed from my Tesla account, and it looks like my referral program went with it.

I no longer have the Loot Box in my Tesla app. Nothing about the referral program in my Tesla account on their website. And if I try to visit my referral link, it just redirects to Referral Program instead of allowing me to place a new order.

Aside from being unable to refer any new potential buyers, I'm now worried that I won't get the free supercharging on my Model 3, or the Radio Flyer Model S that my daughter has been looking forward to.

Has anyone seen something like this before? Does anyone know who I can contact to fix it?

Same thing happened to me. Previous Model S owner, sold the S and now have a P3D. Loot box gone, and my old referral link is gone too. Did you ever get this resolved?

No resolution yet.

I've emailed [email protected] and received no response.

I've also tried an "executive escalation" support request through my account on the Tesla website. I did receive a response from someone on the executive care team. That person told me that the referral team is currently working through a significant backlog of problems with referral awards, and he assured me that I was on the list of impacted customers. He could not offer an ETA for resolution.

I decided that if I don't hear from them by the last week of October, I'll reach out again for a status update.

• Helpful
Similar story for me. I gave my brother my referral code that I got when I placed my order for my 3 (non previous owner). He ordered and took delivery and everything was fine. He got free supercharging for life and the referral showed up in my account. Soon after, I picked up my car and now there is nothing in my account. I have also tried email and escalating to no avail.

I did a self-referral too on model 3 purchase and it was a battle to get my credit to show up in my account. I had my delivery person put in my writing before delivery that I will get the credit and eventually it did show show.

When the buyer of my Model S requested the transfer earlier this week, i called customer support that day to make sure they dont move my credit and referral code to the new buyer. They ensured me that won't happen and fortunately the credit remained in my account the following day after S was removed. Not sure if customer support took some action in my case given my phone call or perhaps I simply didnt get screwed by Tesla this time. I was trying to order my reward prior to S getting transferred for the last 2 weeks but nobody on the referralprogram has replied to my 3 emails in the last 2 weeks. And the customer support guy told me only referralprogram guys can take care of that part. My model P3D still says pay per use for supercharge but support has confirmed i have free supercharging.

• Helpful
I have a similar issue, I ordered my Model 3 before you could put in the referral code so I should have Free supercharging, I was told at delivery I could still refer myself so I had them add it. It never showed up as delivered and now my referral link does not show in my account. It is very wierd.

Similar issue, colleague used my referral code and ordered on 09/16/18, his P3D was delivered on 09/30/18. Loot box and online account both indicated delivered up until this afternoon. It has disappeared. I have screen shot of loot box which I sent with text thanking my colleague for using my referral code and took a picture of computer screen with "order date" actually snapped this morning after I heard the program changed. Now both have disappeared. Hopefully I'm one of those that are part of the impacted program. I'll call and find out when I have time later.

Another previous Model S owner and current Model 3 owner.
Sold my S a few months ago, now Loot Box missing from App and My Tesla account.
Just emailed support asking about this.
Called support and they said my referral code still the same as before (I still have the original link)
Might have to escalate this to executive care.

Add me to the list. I had a Model S on lease that I returned a couple of weeks ago when I took delivery of my P3D. I ordered the P3D using my own referral code to get the free supercharging. They must have just removed the Model S from my account today and with it went my referral program information (my self-referral had shown on my account previously, and I have screenshots of it). If anyone has luck getting this fixed, I'd appreciate the appropriate contact info.

As others have reported, my account still shows pay-per-use supercharging for the P3D although I haven't actually been getting charged for the charging sessions. I have it in writing that I am supposed to be receiving the free supercharging as well and they said eventually they'll get the account page fixed...

Yeah, I got this email too. It included my referral link, which I take as a good sign that my previous referral data isn't completely lost.. but the link is still broken.

I got the email about 30 minutes ago, and at first the link was broken - just took me to the basic referral page. I tried it again just now, and it seems like it's active again! Not only that, but it lists my total referrals so far, and my loot box in the app is back!

Seems like it's been fixed for me!

I got the email about 30 minutes ago, and at first the link was broken - just took me to the basic referral page. I tried it again just now, and it seems like it's active again! Not only that, but it lists my total referrals so far, and my loot box in the app is back!

Seems like it's been fixed for me!
Thanks for the tip... I just checked again and it looks like it’s resolved. Loot box is back in there app and details are back in my account on the website. And my link works again!

Only thing not working is the “My Awards” page in the loot box. Hopefully that fixes itself soon too.

Still no luck for me either on the previous referral program that just ended. Friend ordered on the last day for free supercharging, 9/16, and took delivery. Confirmed he has free supercharging so the referral worked. My loot box isn't showing any of his info, the referral website is showing I have no previous referral history. Emailed Tesla 3 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing back.