TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Referral Signature Matte Black HPWC Delivery Date

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by Valence, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Valence

Valence Member

Hey Guys,

Just a FYI. I reached out to Tesla and as of this morning, they told me that the delivery dates for the Signature Black HPWCs from the referral program were pushed back to sometime in June. Just wanted to give the community a heads-up if you were expecting deliveries next month.

Best of Luck,

B

• Informative x 4
  2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.28.5

With the 5 (?) months of delays, I wonder if they'll be adding any new features. I don't think that just a different colored face-plate and plug would warrant 5 months of delays. It would be nice if they had wifi and metering so that it would be easier to track energy usage per vehicle.

• Like x 1
  3. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Don’t get your hopes up......

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  4. velorutionist

velorutionist Member

It’s June finally. Will you post when you receive yours? I too am waiting to hear from them as well.

• Like x 1
  5. digitalboi

digitalboi Member

They told me sometime this month as well... No emails yet about shipping but its still early days...

6. Kalex

Kalex Member

Talking to referral department about something else, end of June for the signature HPWC.
    Hoping it's true.

7. Barnes

Barnes Member

just go into the app, click your referral rewards and you can see the "estimated date" that they quote to you

8. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

It’s June for everyone

9. Barnes

Barnes Member

Correct, anyone that has an open referral can see the latest date there, no use calling as they retrieve the same date. I've watched the date change numerous times as it keeps getting delayed.

10. Valence

Valence Member

Just heard back from Tesla. Projected new shipping dates are mid July (hopefully sooner of course).

• Funny x 2
  11. Jack Tripper

Jack Tripper Member

Which July?

• Funny x 5
  12. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

Elon time ... :cool:

Tesla HPWC Black June 2018.jpg

• Funny x 2
  13. digitalboi

digitalboi Member

Well it’s officially mid June now... hopefully we will start to hear something... I really want to have it in hand when they come to do my solar. They offered to install it for free while they are here!!

• Funny x 1
  14. BlackHammer

BlackHammer Member

You probably won’t have it by then. June is practically over. I’d be surprised if we have them by October.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

I've given up on waiting for this. There must be something we aren't being told. The only difference between the charger that is available for purchase and this one is the colour so I don't get what the hold up is about.

• Like x 1
  16. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.28.5

Maybe it will be a third generation and contain new features. I really don't know why a different color could delay them by 6 months.

We are scheduled to have 3 of them installed next month. Hopefully we'll get these and not temporary gen 2 units.

• Funny x 1
  17. Utahken

Utahken Member

Tesla pushed back the delivery of the items to mid July due to some shipping error. I contacted them via email the other day. Hoping for new features too! It can't take 9 months to change a faceplate.

• Funny x 1
  18. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

I’m betting they want to do only ONE production run of the black faceplates. Therefore, they’ll likely wait til this latest referral program is over and then calculate how many need to be built.

• Disagree x 1
  19. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

The black faceplates are done ... Elon has just misplaced his Sharpie to autograph them :cool:

• Funny x 3
  20. Park2670

Park2670 Member

I was wondering what the delay was. Hopefully Elon can sign all of these while he is sleeping on his new couch.

• Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1