Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Signature Matte Black HPWC Delivery Date

Valence

Oct 2, 2017
VA
Hey Guys,

Just a FYI. I reached out to Tesla and as of this morning, they told me that the delivery dates for the Signature Black HPWCs from the referral program were pushed back to sometime in June. Just wanted to give the community a heads-up if you were expecting deliveries next month.

Best of Luck,

B

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.4.18.2
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Hey Guys,

Just a FYI. I reached out to Tesla and as of this morning, they told me that the delivery dates for the Signature Black HPWCs from the referral program were pushed back to sometime in June. Just wanted to give the community a heads-up if you were expecting deliveries next month.

Best of Luck,

B
With the 5 (?) months of delays, I wonder if they'll be adding any new features. I don't think that just a different colored face-plate and plug would warrant 5 months of delays. It would be nice if they had wifi and metering so that it would be easier to track energy usage per vehicle.

Reactions: Cowby

velorutionist

Nov 18, 2017
Sacramento, CA
Hey Guys,

Best of Luck,

B
It’s June finally. Will you post when you receive yours? I too am waiting to hear from them as well.

Reactions: Valence

FlatSix911

Porsche 918 Hybrid
Jun 15, 2015
Silicon Valley
Elon time ... :cool:

Tesla HPWC Black June 2018.jpg

digitalboi

Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2017
Orlando, FL
Well it’s officially mid June now... hopefully we will start to hear something... I really want to have it in hand when they come to do my solar. They offered to install it for free while they are here!!

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA

skhenry81

Oct 10, 2016
Toronto
I've given up on waiting for this. There must be something we aren't being told. The only difference between the charger that is available for purchase and this one is the colour so I don't get what the hold up is about.

Reactions: BlackHammer

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.4.18.2
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Maybe it will be a third generation and contain new features. I really don't know why a different color could delay them by 6 months.

We are scheduled to have 3 of them installed next month. Hopefully we'll get these and not temporary gen 2 units.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911

Utahken

Mar 18, 2016
Michigan
Tesla pushed back the delivery of the items to mid July due to some shipping error. I contacted them via email the other day. Hoping for new features too! It can't take 9 months to change a faceplate.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911

MelaniainLA

Dec 22, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Tesla pushed back the delivery of the items to mid July due to some shipping error. I contacted them via email the other day. Hoping for new features too! It can't take 9 months to change a faceplate.

I’m betting they want to do only ONE production run of the black faceplates. Therefore, they’ll likely wait til this latest referral program is over and then calculate how many need to be built.

• Disagree
Reactions: GayForEllon

FlatSix911

Porsche 918 Hybrid
Jun 15, 2015
Silicon Valley

I’m betting they want to do only ONE production run of the black faceplates. Therefore, they’ll likely wait til this latest referral program is over and then calculate how many need to be built.

The black faceplates are done ... Elon has just misplaced his Sharpie to autograph them :cool:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC