Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick question on folks who have been lucky enough to receive a referral. What was the timeline like, and how long before it began showing up in your account. I understand it takes a while to get your perks, but I am just talking about the initial phases of the process. Appreciate the help!!

I think more to the point my question is, when did it show up in your account. My friend ordered in early September, took delivery at the end of September, and it is still not showing in my account. I talked to Tesla, and they said it would show up some time after he took delivery... but I am still nervous.

My experience...

For reference here are the dates between referral and receipt of my sig black HPWC:
Sep 14/17 - email from Tesla indicating order placed using my referral code
Sep 28/17 - delivery of vehicle
Nov 28/17 - email from Tesla asking to choose reward
Dec 15/17 - email from Tesla confirming reward choice
(sometime early 2018) - app lootbox showing reward "available starting June 2018"
Aug 20/18 - HPWC reward received via FedEx

• Informative
Reactions: whitex
Similar discussion going on here.
Woot! 1st Referral...Now What?

However, a friend of mine took delivery yesterday and my Loot Box and referral area on the account on the webpage went to “delivered” within an hour or two. Not sure why some have such slow results. Maybe it has something to do with the SC that delivers the car inputting it into the “mothership.”

Where do you see that? I see a delivered confirmation, but I can’t choose anything. I’m hearing you have to wait for an email from Tesla after a delivery.

Go to the lootbox and at the top where the progress bar is there is a “learn more” button to tap. Scroll down to FAQS and you’ll find a question that explains when to expect to be able to choose a reward.

It used to say “15 days after person takes delivery”. That 15 day statement is gone.

• Informative
Reactions: Buster1
I too got had some one use my referral code and they took delivery about two weeks ago. I’m still waiting to chose the referral item but it is showing delivered in my account. I figured it would take a while before I get to select the bonus.

My parents bought an S100D at the end of December. My referral HPWC showed up today (2 months); it still shows "scheduled" in the app.

That’s nice, I had a referral last October, selected a Wall charger and still have nothing. The referral program has no timetable of when I could actually get one, disappointing from this referral system.