Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral wheels - keep stock wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I’m waiting to get my referral wheels shipped to my service center, but I’m thinking about reselling them. Does Tesla just give you the full set of wheels (including tires) to take home? Or do they mount them for you and take your stock wheels?

Hi,

I’m waiting to get my referral wheels shipped to my service center, but I’m thinking about reselling them. Does Tesla just give you the full set of wheels (including tires) to take home? Or do they mount them for you and take your stock wheels?

The 22s are FAB!!!

I wouldnt pay the crazy price Tesla charges new but equally if they are 'free' just keep them.

They are shipped to SC fully balanced with centre caps, tyres, and valve sensors installed. You can take them home or just ask the SC to mount them. 4 22s with fit in any X with no issues - even 6 seater like ours.

I would also keep your current wheels. 22inch tyres can be hard to get, and having a spare set of wheels is very handy.

I've only put my referral wheels on last month, boy am I glad I didn't sell them. They really work on the X, not many other cars can pull of been a 6/7 seater people mover whilst still look like a mean machine :).

33668065668_9795de6788_z_d.jpg