Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you all for your tips and suggestions. I won't be holding my breath for the referral miles, but it was always just a bonus anyway so I won't be too disappointed if they don't show up.

A big thank you to anyone who gave me tips and advice. I am very grateful and would use all your codes if I could. I'm really glad there is such a great community of owners and fans on here to help out a newbie like this.

Anyway, with that out of the way, I am happy to announce that DaveW gave my favourite tip:

This almost made me spit coffee all over my laptop. I'll PM you to ask for your code.

Honourable mention also goes to davidmc for his amusing tip.

Has the smell subsided yet? :D

Take care everyone and enjoy your Teslas. I fully intend to enjoy mine when it arrives :)
Well done @DaveW and thanks for the fun Thread @Drmouse :)

The smell has now officially gone thanks to my friend febreze :D

Reactions: Roy W. and DaveW
I would like the free supercharger miles from a referral.

Without doubt better than nothing ... but only just

Charging a Model-3 at home 1,000 miles at 4 miles per kWh and a decent Off Peak rate is about £Twenty-quid.

If you actually have trips to make, in the first 6 months [limit of the offer], then 1,000 at Supercharger is worth 24p / kWh. That would be a saving of £60 ...

but if you don't have 1,000 out-of-range trips to make and just want the freebie then for your £20 saving you will be sat in your car at the Supercharger for about 4 hours ... when you could instead be tucked up in bed while the car charged on your Wall charger and Off Peak tariff :)

If you use my referral I'll throw in a referral for TeslaFi too, and let you have a drive of my Roadster - whether I win one or buy one :)

I wouldn’t hold your breath for getting the miles!

When I ordered in May I used a referral code, and it confirmed it on screen at the time. Then the offer was 5000 miles.

When I picked my car up yesterday there was no sign of my miles in the Loot Box (still isn’t) and my Supercharger status shows as Pay Per Use!

I’ve emailed Tesla about it, so expect a reply in 2022.
Some new owners have said it gets activated by your first supercharger session, then only visible from your second session onwards.

Last edited:
Top tip: Enjoy your time, lots of time, on this community [[forum]] while you wait for your car.

You’ll mostly read opinions and sometimes facts, but both framed through the lens of people who are often buying their most expensive car to date. You don’t have to do anything to your car when you get it - wraps, paint, coatings, chargers are all optional and personal.

Order your car, wait and peruse the forum at your leisure, then enjoy the car when it arrives.

You’ll also hear many fallacies about electric cars in the meantime from people who read ‘articles’ on facebook, from the Express or Daily Mail. You’re not Elon Musk - you are not here to convert the world to electric vehicles; let people think what they wish.

Reactions: jerseygirl18
You’ll also hear many fallacies about electric cars in the meantime from people who read ‘articles’ on facebook, from the Express or Daily Mail. You’re not Elon Musk - you are not here to convert the world to electric vehicles; let people think what they wish.
I LOVE the comments on stories about EV's in the Daily Mail and the Express. It's like the land that facts forgot. And the level of vitriol for no apparent reason is amazing.

you are not here to convert the world to electric vehicles; let people think what they wish.

I am frustrated at the number of people around me who think they can do nothing and that it is everyone else job to do something. "I can't afford it" ... "I'm flying to X, Y and Z on holiday this year" ...

So I think that people buying EVs who are helping - and likely more aware and often doing other climate-conscious things too - need to give people that aren't a hard time.

My family is now embarked on Net-Zero, but we are happy with anyone that is having a go at making savings / starting to change lifestyle. But for next year I am planning to not invite the do-nothingers to any functions we hold, and to tell them I am actively avoiding them.

The smell has now officially gone thanks to my friend febreze

My nice new car smell has been replaced by a faint whiff of children's vomit. I'd rather have your fish and chips smell. I'd love to say it was as a result of demonstrating the stomach-churningly fast acceleration, but the truth is that it is just children not particularly used to long car journeys.

Here is a rough (My take on it) savings on the Free Supercharging - I did a quick check when i did a supercharge the other day and they add up to the miles your battery takes on board.

I guessed the 100% charge for the LR & P+ as i have a SR+ and mine goes too 237 miles at 100%

Free Supercharging Savings.PNG

Hi Drmouse,

Thanks for creating the fun thread. As you can see from my profile, I am a newbie and about to order an M3 too.
I am not sure if you will check this thread again, but if you do then can you send me your referral code if you already have, please? :)

Cheers,

Thank you all for your tips and suggestions. I won't be holding my breath for the referral miles, but it was always just a bonus anyway so I won't be too disappointed if they don't show up.

A big thank you to anyone who gave me tips and advice. I am very grateful and would use all your codes if I could. I'm really glad there is such a great community of owners and fans on here to help out a newbie like this.

Anyway, with that out of the way, I am happy to announce that DaveW gave my favourite tip:

This almost made me spit coffee all over my laptop. I'll PM you to ask for your code.

Honourable mention also goes to davidmc for his amusing tip.

Has the smell subsided yet? :D

Take care everyone and enjoy your Teslas. I fully intend to enjoy mine when it arrives :)