Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referrals and Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TheWalkingDad

Cybertruck 23' or bust.
Oct 30, 2018
Maryland
So currently the referral page does not allow you to place a cybertruck reservation. It looks like when you click on cybertruck it strips out the referral code. I had an extremely hard time getting my referral to reflect when I had preordered my Model 3. Does anyone know a way around this or are we all going to have a trillion worth of emails back and forth with tesla support about applying referrals once this thing is delivered.

Referrals are to help generate sales and free marketing. When Tesla takes 146,000 reservations for the truck in one day, there's no need for "referrals"... just like there are no referrals for Model Y, Next Gen Roadster, or the Semi. Referrals for Model 3 only began when Tesla had delivered through their order backlog, and when that started, it was only for the most expensive Performance Trim. So don't get your hopes for referrals for Cybertruck until there is no order backlog and Tesla needs to stimulate sales and (free) marketing. And they certainly aren't going to be applying referrals retroactively.

Reactions: Krash