Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

refferal after purchase. Tesla Advisor...added someone elses referral?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my buddy had purchased his model 3 but forgot to input my referral at the time of purchase. He called to get it added on before delivery. CS/advisor said he couldnt add mine because of my buddy forgetting at the time of purchase. my buddy was able to get his, but the advisor, just added someone elses referral!

Help!! has this happend to anyone else here. I dont understand how can the advisor put someone elses referral, but not mine. He says, he cant do anything about it, since my buddy didnt give them my at the time

Reactions: GuyDude
Not exactly the same situation but they wouldn't let me add a referral after the fact (initially ordered without one). They said I could cancel and reorder to apply the code. I already had some ordering issues so I opted not to.

So maybe he can cancel and reorder.. not sure how far along in the ordering process he is...

Referrals can only be done at the time of purchase now. They cannot be added after. CS/advisor probably saw that there wasn't a referral link to the order so they just added one to it. From what I've read on the forum, you're not going to get very far in trying to get this corrected. I'd take the L on this one :mad: