Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S, Supercharging 420mi/hr?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I remember reading a thread on this forum regarding supercharging speeds, and most were reporting between 250 - 350 mi /hr (Beware: Supercharger speeds vary greatly | Tesla Motors).

To my surprise, this weekend at the Greenwich Supercharge in RI, I was the only Tesla there and saw 420mi/hr! I was around 35% SOC (S90D) when I started charging.

Later I was at the same charging station with a couple of more Teslas in the other stalls and saw a more "reasonable" 280mi/hr. But it's crazy to know that they have the potential to charge that fast!

Attachments

• 20160704_073639.jpg
    20160704_073639.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 110
Just wondering, why do you have it set to show ideal miles? I keep mine on rated and even then it's a bit optimistic. The ideal number would have no particular connection to reality for me.

Much like my feeling about my MS: I have to pinch myself otherwise there is no particular connection to reality! It's like a dream. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Krebnarb and gavine
Hey guys,

I remember reading a thread on this forum regarding supercharging speeds, and most were reporting between 250 - 350 mi /hr (Beware: Supercharger speeds vary greatly | Tesla Motors).

To my surprise, this weekend at the Greenwich Supercharge in RI, I was the only Tesla there and saw 420mi/hr! I was around 35% SOC (S90D) when I started charging.

Later I was at the same charging station with a couple of more Teslas in the other stalls and saw a more "reasonable" 280mi/hr. But it's crazy to know that they have the potential to charge that fast!
Everything you need to know is in this video

Reactions: Krebnarb
Just wondering, why do you have it set to show ideal miles? I keep mine on rated and even then it's a bit optimistic. The ideal number would have no particular connection to reality for me.

Well, depending on how I drive I find that I can sometimes get pretty close to ideal miles by driving it like my old Prius haha. Sometimes it's just a challenge to see if I can do it :) For my actual rated miles, I just keep an eye on the trip meter to show estimated rated miles based on last 30 miles of driving if I care.