TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Refresh Model S, Supercharging 420mi/hr?!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Krebnarb, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Krebnarb

Krebnarb Member

Hey guys,

I remember reading a thread on this forum regarding supercharging speeds, and most were reporting between 250 - 350 mi /hr (Beware: Supercharger speeds vary greatly | Tesla Motors).

To my surprise, this weekend at the Greenwich Supercharge in RI, I was the only Tesla there and saw 420mi/hr! I was around 35% SOC (S90D) when I started charging.

Later I was at the same charging station with a couple of more Teslas in the other stalls and saw a more "reasonable" 280mi/hr. But it's crazy to know that they have the potential to charge that fast!

Attached Files:

2. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

Are you set to show "Ideal" miles instead of "Rated" miles range?

3. wcfinvader

wcfinvader Member

It sure looks like ideal miles

4. Krebnarb

Krebnarb Member

oh yeah, good call guys. 310 ideal = ~265 rated for me at 90% SOC, so 420 -> ~360mi/hr. That sounds more like it. thanks!

5. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

Just wondering, why do you have it set to show ideal miles? I keep mine on rated and even then it's a bit optimistic. The ideal number would have no particular connection to reality for me.

• Like x 1
  6. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

You're charging between 109-112kwh based on the voltage and amperage in your screenshot, which is quite normal based on your SoC.

7. Ciaopec

Ciaopec Member

Much like my feeling about my MS: I have to pinch myself otherwise there is no particular connection to reality! It's like a dream. :)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Everything you need to know is in this video

• Like x 1
  9. Krebnarb

Krebnarb Member

Well, depending on how I drive I find that I can sometimes get pretty close to ideal miles by driving it like my old Prius haha. Sometimes it's just a challenge to see if I can do it :) For my actual rated miles, I just keep an eye on the trip meter to show estimated rated miles based on last 30 miles of driving if I care.