Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what others have used and I will be using.

the blue is beautiful especially in the sunlight. I'd carefully inspect the paint before committing to paint correction. In my limited experience the body shops want to charge $1k for the service, which should be able to be done self-service with a clay bar at worst or not at all at best. Anything more extreme than clay bar correction should be a Tesla punch list fix.
My detailer just did a blue car with STEK DynoPrism - SO SICK. It has crazy metallics in the top coat and makes dark colors color shot.

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 198
That’s what others have used and I will be using.

the blue is beautiful especially in the sunlight. I'd carefully inspect the paint before committing to paint correction. In my limited experience the body shops want to charge $1k for the service, which should be able to be done self-service with a clay bar at worst or not at all at best. Anything more extreme than clay bar correction should be a Tesla punch list fix.
Great feedback. I am building my delivery checklist now so I am super prepared when I pick up the vehicle.

Reactions: impastu

These look great, can you provide the link to where you purchased these?

I purchased from Amazon, here is the current product page. Looks like they are out of the black version, only showing white version now:

It was advertised for Model 3/Y, but the plastic shell on the back of the S looked very similar in shape, so I ordered it to test it out, and it's pretty much an exact fit. You do have to really push the edges of the pad into the gap between the plastic shell and the leather seat, so not sure if it will cause any long-term damage (such as leaving a gap there when you take the pad off in the future). It's not perfect, as you can see some wrinkles/creases in the photo I posted (mostly because it comes rolled-up/folded in a box), but it does the job.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
I purchased from Amazon, here is the current product page. Looks like they are out of the black version, only showing white version now:

It was advertised for Model 3/Y, but the plastic shell on the back of the S looked very similar in shape, so I ordered it to test it out, and it's pretty much an exact fit. You do have to really push the edges of the pad into the gap between the plastic shell and the leather seat, so not sure if it will cause any long-term damage (such as leaving a gap there when you take the pad off in the future). It's not perfect, as you can see some wrinkles/creases in the photo I posted (mostly because it comes rolled-up/folded in a box), but it does the job.
I'm definitely getting these once they become available again in black. Maybe I will lay them out in the sun for a bit before I stretch them on.

Here’s my MS Plaid — all detailed with Ceramic Pro 5-year, full front Xpel PPF on hood, front bumper, mirrors, & front quarter panels, tinted Xpel PPF on headlights, fog lights, & rear tail lights, Xpel XR Black ceramic window tint, and a few little extras you see — blacked out (matte black) Tesla emblems and glossy black painted PLAID emblem (+ added the glossy black S emblem to the left of the PLAID emblem), aluminum dead pedal, and the little Tesla E on the passenger side dash. Of course, we can’t forget the forged 21” Signature SV104 wheels (oem sizes and offsets).
I think it came out EXACTLY how I wanted it and I’m super happy. 🔥🔥😎. Now, it’s drive time! 😎. Thank you to all those who have helped and been courteous, super cool and helpful for the past 9 months! 🙏🏻😎

sflgator Tesla MS Plaid.jpg
sflgator Tesla MS Plaid pic1.jpg
Sflgator MS Plaid.jpg
sflgator MS Plaid rear pic.jpg
sflgator MS Plaid pic3.jpg
sflgator MS Plaid interior pic3.jpg
sflgator MS Plaid interior pic2.jpg
sflgator MS Plaid interior pic1.jpg
sflgator MS Plaid emblem pic1.jpg

As more people have been getting their new Model S LR & Plaids, there has often been questions about tint, PPF, and ceramic in the Delivery Update threads asking for information and photos. So figured I'd try to start a dedicated thread for owners to post photos and information about their tint, PPF, and ceramic for the benefit of other members.

So to start things off, here is my Plaid with full Xpel Ultimate Ultra PPF on entire car, with Xpel Prime XR Plus tint (55% windshield, 30% fronts, 20% rears), and Ceramic Pro PPF/Vinyl coating (please feel free to ask if you want any specific details or photos):

View attachment 692210

View attachment 692211

View attachment 692213

I'm also happy to share quotes that I got for these various services in the Orange County area for anyone that is interested.

Here’s my MS Plaid — all detailed with Ceramic Pro 5-year, full front Xpel PPF on hood, front bumper, mirrors, & front quarter panels, tinted Xpel PPF on headlights, fog lights, & rear tail lights, Xpel XR Black ceramic window tint, and a few little extras you see — blacked out (matte black) Tesla emblems and glossy black painted PLAID emblem (+ added the glossy black S emblem to the left of the PLAID emblem), aluminum dead pedal, and the little Tesla E on the passenger side dash. Of course, we can’t forget the forged 21” Signature SV104 wheels (oem sizes and offsets).
I think it came out EXACTLY how I wanted it and I’m super happy. 🔥🔥😎. Now, it’s drive time! 😎. Thank you to all those who have helped and been courteous, super cool and helpful for the past 9 months! 🙏🏻😎

View attachment 727302View attachment 727303View attachment 727304View attachment 727305View attachment 727306View attachment 727307View attachment 727308View attachment 727309View attachment 727310
Curious to the cost of everything you did. Looks great!!

View attachment 727302View attachment 727303View attachment 727304View attachment 727305View attachment 727306View attachment 727307View attachment 727308View attachment 727309View attachment 727310
Sharp! Well done.

View attachment 727308

Congrats! Glad to finally see you get your white/white/CF unicorn build! It looks great. It also looks like they fixed the rear misaligned panels gaps on the door trim???

Well done and congrats! Is this the white interior?