Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As more people have been getting their new Model S LR & Plaids, there has often been questions about tint, PPF, and ceramic in the Delivery Update threads asking for information and photos. So figured I'd try to start a dedicated thread for owners to post photos and information about their tint, PPF, and ceramic for the benefit of other members.

So to start things off, here is my Plaid with full Xpel Ultimate Ultra PPF on entire car, with Xpel Prime XR Plus tint (55% windshield, 30% fronts, 20% rears), and Ceramic Pro PPF/Vinyl coating (please feel free to ask if you want any specific details or photos):

View attachment 692210

View attachment 692211

View attachment 692213

I'm also happy to share quotes that I got for these various services in the Orange County area for anyone that is interested.
Thank you for starting this. I have been trying to decide if PPF / Ceramic is even worth the investment if I’m planning on selling it in 2 years. At almost 10% of the cost of the car, would you even come close to realizing it?

Thank you for starting this. I have been trying to decide if PPF / Ceramic is even worth the investment if I’m planning on selling it in 2 years. At almost 10% of the cost of the car, would you even come close to realizing it?
Unless you are selling to another car enthusiast, the cost is pretty much not going to be able to be recouped. Especially if you go CarMax, Vroom, etc.

You just have to figure out if the time savings (e.g. cleaning) and looks are worth the cost to you.

Links to Amazon? Trusting these are universal for Tesla’s all models? (Getting a refresh lr ms) thanks

Should be the same for all Model S (except nose cone ones).

If you’re keeping only for 2 years most likely not worth it. You definitely won’t get much return on it when you sell. If it were me, I’d consider just doing ceramic coating if only keeping car 2 years.

As more people have been getting their new Model S LR & Plaids, there has often been questions about tint, PPF, and ceramic in the Delivery Update threads asking for information and photos. So figured I'd try to start a dedicated thread for owners to post photos and information about their tint, PPF, and ceramic for the benefit of other members.

So to start things off, here is my Plaid with full Xpel Ultimate Ultra PPF on entire car, with Xpel Prime XR Plus tint (55% windshield, 30% fronts, 20% rears), and Ceramic Pro PPF/Vinyl coating (please feel free to ask if you want any specific details or photos):

View attachment 692210

View attachment 692211

View attachment 692213

I'm also happy to share quotes that I got for these various services in the Orange County area for anyone that is interested.

Thank you for trusting XPEL. The car looks sinister, so awesome!

i just got my S tinted! for those wondering or looking for reference:
  • XPEL XR PRIME PLUS for all sides and rear @ 20%
  • XPEL XR PRIME PLUS for windshield @ 70%
20% was boarderline too dark for my personal taste, but it looks amazing. don't regret the 20% tho. didn't go with 30% because the XPEL XR PRIME PLUS had way too much of a blue tint.

it works well for heat reduction... but now i'm thinking of adding a film 70% or 90% to the panoramic roof because i still feel some heat. any experience whether thats worth it?

have not added any PPF or ceramic coating yet... still deciding whether or not its worth the cost.
anways here are some pics i took earlier today!

IMG_4178.JPEG
IMG_4184.jpg
IMG_4188.jpg
IMG_4180.JPEG

Last edited:
i just got my S tinted! for those wondering or looking for reference:
  • XPEL XR PRIME PLUS for all sides and rear @ 20%
  • XPEL XR PRIME PLUS for windshield @ 70%
20% was boarderline too dark for my personal taste, but it looks amazing. don't regret the 20% tho. didn't go with 30% because the XPEL XR PRIME PLUS had way too much of a blue tint.

it works well for heat reduction... but now i'm thinking of adding a film 70% or 90% to the panoramic roof because i still feel some heat. any experience whether thats worth it?

have not added any PPF or ceramic coating yet... still deciding whether or not its worth the cost.
anways here are some pics i took earlier today!

View attachment 698927View attachment 698918View attachment 698917View attachment 698926
Looks awesome!