Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with a non-Plaid order from early last year still waiting? Anyone know if they have restarted producing non-Plaid models?
There are approximately 70 LR 6-seat orders waiting with order dates in 2020, Jan. & Feb '21. My latest count shows a total of 64 usa LR 6-seat orders, with 12 from 2020, 32 from January and 20 from February. Yes, we have been waiting a long time and some of us paid $6,500 extra to get delivery in 2021.

Last edited:
Ordered last March... I switched from 5 to 6 seater after getting "The Call" and being promised a before the end of 2021 delivery. My EDD is March. My buddy just put in an order for a 5 seater Plaid in later November. He got "The Call" and was upgraded to 6 seats free of charge and is getting his car in a week...

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
Ordered last March... I switched from 5 to 6 seater after getting "The Call" and being promised a before the end of 2021 delivery. My EDD is March. My buddy just put in an order for a 5 seater Plaid in later November. He got "The Call" and was upgraded to 6 seats free of charge and is getting his car in a week...
No sense to this that is immediately apparent. Seems a lot of early orders are being ignored 😞

Anyone with a non-Plaid order from early last year still waiting? Anyone know if they have restarted producing non-Plaid models?
Yes. Ordered Feb 7th 2021 LR 7 Seater with Black Exterior, Cream Interior and 20's. Upgraded to 6 seater after the call in October. EDD went from April 21 to Aug 21 to Dec 21 -Jan 22 to Feb 22 and now to March 22. We'll have to cancel if it goes past April unfortunately.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Yes. Ordered Feb 7th 2021 LR 7 Seater with Black Exterior, Cream Interior and 20's. Upgraded to 6 seater after the call in October. EDD went from April 21 to Aug 21 to Dec 21 -Jan 22 to Feb 22 and now to March 22. We'll have to cancel if it goes past April unfortunately.
I just yesterday ordered a LR Model Y for this very reason. My wife is tiring of the wait. I’ll keep the LR Model X order active as it will be my family car once/if it arrives. I’ll then sell the LR Y i currently drive.

Hi @MDMX ,

The missing part in your trailer hitch package is a funny looking
plastic plug that closes the tapered hole in your Model X
where the cone shaped nose of the trailer hitch receiver fits...

It keeps out dust, dirt, water, and other stuff to keep the taper clean...

It is probably installed in your car now.
You will see it if you remove the plate that covers the hitch.

Shawn
Thanks! may be you're correct.. waiting on Tesla to confirm.

Last edited:
Tesla Local SS should start having Squid/Hunger games with new X arrivals. They announce an X will be there next week on Wednesday. 50 people will show then let the games begin. winner takes the X home.
I am in for this. Even better, gladiator games. Would be an epic way to go out. I can just hear the announcer saying, "And Stro lasted a whole 2 seconds. It's a new record!"

Here too. 1/27/21 LR order.

Took the car home yesterday

Delivery
I ended up picking the car up an hour earlier that my delivery time (even though i got the text where i need to get the car and need to do) so i ended up talking to a SA so i can pick up the car

Build Quality
I didn't see any panel gaps but im going to take a look more closely today
My car have caked on Dirt on some areas. you can tell the car sat in the lot for a long time. Example when folding the side mirror, you can see those layer of dirt
my wife noticed there's some warping on the front passenger windows need to research if this is expected
I didn't see any missing parts, TOW hitch for example
Didn't see any paint drips or anything sort of that nature

Driving
This thing have some power on accelartion and need time to get used to. Im coming from Model 3 Dual Motor LR. The regen brakes was getting me car sick, but i think its just getting use to it.
Yoke is...well very interesting but once i started driving on the freeway i didn't notice much. its the street driving that i think that needs time to adjust
the pushing up to drive and pushing down to reverse from the screen is a pain so far. i have to do multiple backing up forwarding maneuver and not having a stalk really make it longer than usual. but again its an adjustment
i havent played with suspension so thats that

Storage
I went to costco with my family (2 kids younger than 3) so i put the last row down to put the stroller (uppa baby vista) and the groceries. everything fit. Im trying to see today if i can fit the stroller with the 3rd row being up.
But installing the car seat was quick - moving them in and out was a breeze

Doors, Doors, Doors
This one took me some time to get used to. From not forcefully closing door. Everything is automated.

Overall the car is what i expected it to be. Was it worth the wait? not sure, is it fun to drive hell yes.