Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they do officially cancel the 5 seater configuration, I really hope we found out the process for those of who actually did order a 5 seater?

It sure as s**t better be paying the difference between the 5 and 6 seat options, and not for example, having to pay the full price of a new X six seater.

Theres plenty of us who have the "cheaper" legacy order, and that better be honored.
why would they honor anything. I was furious when I lost my original 2020 order. $79K with free supercharging. They canceled it and said here's a take it or leave it offer. The same will be true with the 6 seat. We will be told since our orders as spec'ed can not be built our orders are canceled BUT.... if we want to have a 6 seat configuration for an additional $6,500 a new order will be made. If we don't like it... they might refund our $100.00 deposit.

why would they honor anything. I was furious when I lost my original 2020 order. $79K with free supercharging. They canceled it and said here's a take it or leave it offer. The same will be true with the 6 seat. We will be told since our orders as spec'ed can not be built our orders are canceled BUT.... if we want to have a 6 seat configuration for an additional $6,500 a new order will be made. If we don't like it... they might refund our $100.00 deposit.
Why would you expect it to be different from what they have already done with the Plaid X orders? I received a call asking if I would accept a 6 seat in place of my 5 seat order at no additional expense. I had no reason to decline.

American Media has unfortunately never been kind to pioneers and Tesla in particular though they are responsible for the EV revolution today. Though we have our beef with Mr. Musk for delaying our cars and the comms(lack of) mess, this article reeks of the usual smear fest.
That article factually misrepresents how a driver takes over from FSD, claiming that the driver must wildly swing the steering wheel in the opposite direction to take over from FSD, and that it appeared there was a moment when neither the driver nor FSD were in control of the car movements.

Etc. Garbage. I’m very much looking forward to using FSD beta on my X, TYVM.

You should explore keeping the order and selling it, I've seen these going for some really crazy markups to private buyers who are desperate and A) don't want to wait B) paid or will have to pay an extra 15k anyway

Anyway if you can swing it financially I would take delivery and sell it.
I seriously considered that, but I was worried about being blacklisted for flipping a vehicle.
Also, I have bought three cars and sold two cars in the last eight months. I’m ready to just enjoy my new vehicles for a while.

Welcome to hell, buddy. You should expect that date range to change 8+ times, if my experience is anything to go by.
I ended up canceling the order, so unfortunately I won’t be joining you in hell at the present time. I really hope you get your car soon. As I recall, you are getting very close, but I know that can change from hour to hour.

Just made a call to Tesla factory delivery, a nice man picked up the phone and told me that my X is expected to delivery on July(2022!), I asked how many X do they deliver every day, the answer is 3-4.

Really frustrated, placed order March last year, switched from 7 to 6 early Nov last year, got pushed to April recently like most of other people, now got pushed again to July.

• Informative
Reactions: Stro and KidsEyeDr
Just made a call to Tesla factory delivery, a nice man picked up the phone and told me that my X is expected to delivery on July(2022!), I asked how many X do they deliver every day, the answer is 3-4.

Really frustrated, placed order March last year, switched from 7 to 6 early Nov last year, got pushed to April recently like most of other people, now got pushed again to July.
Is your app showing July 2022? Not sure I understand. Most of us were pushed to April 2022, not July.

Reactions: cjkosh

Disregard what the nice man told you… they either don’t know *sugar*, or say anything to get you off the phone. They have no idea what the hell is going on over there

Ordered a rivian today and was told if I’m lucky I will get it in 2023 but not to be hopeful… ordered just in case the cyber truck takes even longer.. there’s really no alternative to the X and every auto maker has ridiculous wait times
I also have an order for both. If Tesla will hurry up and open the supercharger network then the only reason I chose a cybertruck to begin with will be a null point.