Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saying this makes me feel like a pessimist, but why do people immediately think they're going to get something better when all the glaring data is present that we aren't? They can't get an effing door they've been making for 6 years right. There's nothing secret here. Tesla signed a contract for 2170s and they are going to stick them in low-volume cars until the contract is up. What did we learn from the 2016 presidential election... if it walks like a duck...
18650 not 2170 cells in the X

I flirted with this. The thing is just a bit dork. Square G-Wagon good-- not so sure yet on the Rivian. Maybe I'll get used to it, or better yet just wait on my Cybertruck.
I will be honest, the front end has grown on me. But I’m so pissed off about the treatment from Tesla that I’ll learn to like the Rivian R1S if they actually deliver the damn thing. They have had delays, but they communicate with the order holders. Theor order holders are not sitting in the dark wondering when and if they’ll ever get a car. Currently the plan is to see which one gets delivered first, I still will take delivery of the model X. The question will be, will it be first or second to be delivered. If it’s second and I like the Rivian I’ll probably sell off the model X and be done with Tesla. As a customer I’m going to evaluate the product, the customer experience, and my overall satisfaction with the process and my purchase.

So i ordered a MYP a few weeks ago due to the April push. I pick it up in a week! The wait on this vehicle is not appropriate. I’m keeping my reservation simply due to the price point I reserved at, but I’m going to place an order for a fully loaded Rivian R1S at this point. Either could come first. Dang, I just need an EV that can seat 6 when I need it and carry travel luggage for 4.
I'd love to know when you get that there Rivian. My guess is 2023.

Reactions: ironwill96
For the first 9 months after I ordered my X, I was under the assumption that everyone was in a single file line, since trucking cars across the country will basically cost the same whether it’s the beginning of the quarter or the end.

The next 3 1/2 months I thought they were cherry picking the most expensive and closest to their factory.

The last few weeks I’ve come to realize they are just a kid, with a big bag of gummy bears. Sometimes they look and grab all the grape and cherry ones. Other times they are distracted by watching the Ryan’s World kid unboxing some random toy on YouTube and just shove their hand in the bag and eat whatever the happen to grab. 🧸

I have plan B, C, and D

I have deposits on 2 Model Xs LR and Plaid, 2 Rivian R1S in different trim, 1 Lucid, and 1 iX50

I did have a deposit on a LR 3 from even before my Plaid X...but Tesla cancelled that on me due to not taking delivery even though I told them it was my backup in case the Plaid didn't come. II have 1 car with 2 drivers...i'm taking whichever is available first now.

I will be honest, the front end has grown on me. But I’m so pissed off about the treatment from Tesla that I’ll learn to like the Rivian R1S if they actually deliver the damn thing. They have had delays, but they communicate with the order holders. Theor order holders are not sitting in the dark wondering when and if they’ll ever get a car. Currently the plan is to see which one gets delivered first, I still will take delivery of the model X. The question will be, will it be first or second to be delivered. If it’s second and I like the Rivian I’ll probably sell off the model X and be done with Tesla. As a customer I’m going to evaluate the product, the customer experience, and my overall satisfaction with the process and my purchase.
I love the Rivian look. Communication though... not good at all. Not Tesla horrible but pretty bad. One email in November 2021 with an estimated delivery window, that's it. Nothing since. Customer service is just like Tesla, no answers, standard replies, no useful information.

To everyone ordering or considering a Rivian, they are also experiencing production and supply delays. I believe only two SUVs have been delivered so far (one to the CEO and one to the CFO). I ordered the R1S 11/2020 and have a Launch Edition estimated delivery of July - September. Realistically, I don't expect it until Q4 2022 or into 2023. Rivian is prioritizing the R1T. I have driven the R1T and it is great. Love what they are doing and encourage anyone to look into them, I am just saying, it's going to be a long time... Wondering what will show up first, our R1S or our MX LR 7 Seater?

Reactions: TrevTremaine
The way the game is played.... Tesla will get their supply issues resolved and Elon will resign from the company because of their poor communication. They will hire someone new who will improve the communication (which will not be hard to do). Everyone will rave about how much better Tesla is and sales will continue to climb. Just my thoughts.
You discount the mind of someone living in an echo chamber. Solar (v3?) is on pause and a perfect model for the MX rollout. Batteries are uneconomical for retail and delayed for years. Cybertruck will be delayed years and 2x the price for the first year. I won't torch FSD fanboys, but EAP is sufficient. Elon thinks FSD is all that matters, without proper camera and sensor placement. Vision FSD will be auto-wipers for some years. Tesla is 95% 3/y. If you aren't with the 95%, suck a nut.

Anyone have experience with the Porsche Cayenne plug-in hybrid? I can get a pretty tweaked out one for the price of my X to hold me over (or just buy and say I'll come back to Tesla when they get their *sugar* together)...
Great car, but only 30 miles of battery only mileage (Florida). Fit and finish is great Porsche. Only problem is check engine light pops on sometimes (known problem) with no current solution, but OK to drive. Bought while waiting for MX.

I love the Rivian look. Communication though... not good at all. Not Tesla horrible but pretty bad. One email in November 2021 with an estimated delivery window, that's it. Nothing since. Customer service is just like Tesla, no answers, standard replies, no useful information.

To everyone ordering or considering a Rivian, they are also experiencing production and supply delays. I believe only two SUVs have been delivered so far (one to the CEO and one to the CFO). I ordered the R1S 11/2020 and have a Launch Edition estimated delivery of July - September. Realistically, I don't expect it until Q4 2022 or into 2023. Rivian is prioritizing the R1T. I have driven the R1T and it is great. Love what they are doing and encourage anyone to look into them, I am just saying, it's going to be a long time... Wondering what will show up first, our R1S or our MX LR 7 Seater?
My neighbor has the T, it seems great and I really like the interior and seats.

Reactions: T3slafan2500