Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The world works in mysterious ways……….. I kept telling myself my vin would come tomorrow (today) I did the same thing with my delivery window before I actually got my window the next day lol anywayssssssss its my birthday TODAY and I woke up to having a VIN!!!!! Likeeeeee wtf 😳🥳🥳🥳View attachment 770790
Dangit, once you and Stro have your model X in hand they’ll probably shutdown and put up a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner on the Fremont factory.

Dangit, once you and Stro have your model X in hand they’ll probably shutdown and put up a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner on the Fremont factory.
Right it took us sooooooo long 😭 but the finish line is near 🏁. But serious question anybody here took delivery of an X and was able to get the FSD beta? With all this NHTSA stuff and Tesla I’m worried by the time I pick mine up they won’t be letting ppl get the beta anymore

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
My X finally shipped from Fremont to Portland and I scheduled delivery for this Sunday. Yesterday, got a call that it was ready early and asked if I wanted to pick it up. I told them I would be there by 4pm and then they emailed me back to let me know the detailers had discovered that the small top glass on one of the FWDs was cracked, so they’d have to order a new one. How the hell does someone manage to crack the glass on the top of an FWD between production and delivery? Just seems careless to me, but wouldn’t expect anything different than just one more delay from Tesla.
Fortunately, the glass actually arrived quickly and I should still be able to pick the X up on Sunday. I’ll believe it when I get there and see it sitting in front of me though. And then, you can bet I’ll be giving it a thorough inspection before accepting delivery. Fingers crossed that over a year after ordering, I’ve finally reached the last delay.
This kind of thing seems all too common. They're moving too fast.

Whoever detailed my rejected X looked like they cleaned the interior with dirty sandpaper. There was another buyer here who snapped a photo of detailers at Fremont hurriedly prepping his car and leaving rags on the ground.

They don't care about quality, care, or attention to detail. It's all about numbers.

Right it took us sooooooo long 😭 but the finish line is near 🏁. But serious question anybody here took delivery of an X and was able to get the FSD beta? With all this NHTSA stuff and Tesla I’m worried by the time I pick mine up they won’t be letting ppl get the beta anymore
Congrats playboy. Told you to stay positive🤙🏻
Happy Birthday

My X finally shipped from Fremont to Portland and I scheduled delivery for this Sunday. Yesterday, got a call that it was ready early and asked if I wanted to pick it up. I told them I would be there by 4pm and then they emailed me back to let me know the detailers had discovered that the small top glass on one of the FWDs was cracked, so they’d have to order a new one. How the hell does someone manage to crack the glass on the top of an FWD between production and delivery? Just seems careless to me, but wouldn’t expect anything different than just one more delay from Tesla.
Fortunately, the glass actually arrived quickly and I should still be able to pick the X up on Sunday. I’ll believe it when I get there and see it sitting in front of me though. And then, you can bet I’ll be giving it a thorough inspection before accepting delivery. Fingers crossed that over a year after ordering, I’ve finally reached the last delay.
They delivered mine with a cracked windshield, not a small crack, like half way up the windshield. Delivery person claimed she didn't notice which I don't believe. Many of these glass cracks are stress cracks rather than from an impact. In any event, since I had already clicked accept (my mistake), they initially offered to buy the vehicle back as a used vehicle, then put me back in the waiting line for a replacement vehicle in October of 2022. After two days of complaining they have agreed to make it right.
Tesla windshield large crack.jpeg

They delivered mine with a cracked windshield, not a small crack, like half way up the windshield. Delivery person claimed she didn't notice which I don't believe. Many of these glass cracks are stress cracks rather than from an impact. In any event, since I had already clicked accept (my mistake), they initially offered to buy the vehicle back as a used vehicle, then put me back in the waiting line for a replacement vehicle in October of 2022. After two days of complaining they have agreed to make it right.View attachment 770822
It's beyond messed-up that they didn't make it right immediately, hat-in-hand.

They delivered mine with a cracked windshield, not a small crack, like half way up the windshield. Delivery person claimed she didn't notice which I don't believe. Many of these glass cracks are stress cracks rather than from an impact. In any event, since I had already clicked accept (my mistake), they initially offered to buy the vehicle back as a used vehicle, then put me back in the waiting line for a replacement vehicle in October of 2022. After two days of complaining they have agreed to make it right.View attachment 770822
Jeez. I hope for a safe clean delivery 😭

Reactions: Donjo
The world works in mysterious ways……….. I kept telling myself my vin would come tomorrow (today) I did the same thing with my delivery window before I actually got my window the next day lol anywayssssssss its my birthday TODAY and I woke up to having a VIN!!!!! Likeeeeee wtf 😳🥳🥳🥳View attachment 770790
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a great birthday gift. Congratulations.

For me yes. The delivery person said in order to gain access to inspect the interior of the vehicle I had to click accept.
This is why I encourage everyone to NOT do home delivery. It presents too much pressure on accepting the vehicle in your own driveway versus at a delivery center where you can document all the issues with tesla present.

Also I don’t want random interns driving my brand new vehicle on the crappy roads to my house. I get to be the first one to destroy the suspension on the potholes thanks!

How did they make it right?

I'm glad that they're finally rectifying it, but sorry that you had to go through hoops to get it to happen. It certainly is fair warning to others to inspect, inspect, inspect no matter whether they tell you they've got other things to do. If they've got to wait and you find something flawed like this, tell them that it was their responsibility to check and fix BEFORE the customer takes delivery. The fact that it's "expected" that the customer will do the legwork (on the hope people won't so they don't have to do the work) shows that Tesla has yet to mature about this.

Reactions: Elixir