Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone. Well, as the kids are getting older, they are wanting to take friends along with them. My wife doesn't want to give up her MS (hates the yoke and horizontal screen) so I am going to move from a Roadster to an MX Plaid. Just ordered today and website said April delivery. I have been reading the MS Plaid issues thread with some concern but hopefully they have the issues sorted by the time they get around to building mine.

Untrue. The X outsells the S - well, at least when it's produced.

Tesla Model S Sales Figures

Tesla Model X Sales Figures
Good research, everything I found showed the 3 now y, 3, S then X in sales. I have a 3 performance but became interested in the X when I saw this lady park in front of my shop with an X. She parked walk away and the door closed on is own. I was confused, I look at my security camera's to confirm what I thought I saw. Been on board every since.

I think what might really be going on is a switch to LFP ( Lithium Iron Phosphate)batteries. There are some patent issues that will resolve in a few days, and another in April. Then it’s wide open for Tesla to make these in Austin and Berlin and sell more vehicles. Advantages are cost, 100% charging ok, easier to produce than the new cylindrical batteries. But slightly less range or just add more cells. Some buyers of sedans being offered these now.

Reactions: Elixir
I think what might really be going on is a switch to LFP ( Lithium Iron Phosphate)batteries. There are some patent issues that will resolve in a few days, and another in April. Then it’s wide open for Tesla to make these in Austin and Berlin and sell more vehicles. Advantages are cost, 100% charging ok, easier to produce than the new cylindrical batteries. But slightly less range or just add more cells. Some buyers of sedans being offered these now.
I'm not good with anything with less miles. We travel in the 3 performance and the range or lack of range is why I'm buying the X model.

Reactions: SpaceCash
I'm not good with anything with less miles. We travel in the 3 performance and the range or lack of range is why I'm buying the X model.
Just my limited knowledge of the LFP batteries, so take it for what its worth: The decrease in range is very minimal, and LFP batteries do not degrade as much, or as quickly as either of the two battery types currently being used by Tesla. Additionally the LFP batteries want to be charged to 100% daily. This means you'd be getting more range daily then having to charge to 80-90% for daily driving.

If they offered me an LFP battery pack I'd probably opt for it myself.

Just my limited knowledge of the LFP batteries, so take it for what its worth: The decrease in range is very minimal, and LFP batteries do not degrade as much, or as quickly as either of the two battery types currently being used by Tesla. Additionally the LFP batteries want to be charged to 100% daily. This means you'd be getting more range daily then having to charge to 80-90% for daily driving.

If they offered me an LFP battery pack I'd probably opt for it myself.
With that comment your EDD may have jumped to October 😜

• Funny
Reactions: Yakkodot