Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually the reason they're deactivating the radar is because of noise from the radar that causing problems interacting with the cameras. Because no one has totally figured out full FSD yet in keeping mine and giving tesla the benefit of doubt.
I've heard this story too, but it doesn't appear to be true, given how the performance w/ radar has been objectively better.

If vision-only was actually better, the cars w/ radar would be disabling the radar. They're not.

Reactions: groundy
Picked up our Plaid X today. It had mild alignment issues on one of the FWD and the hood. We waited a while while they adjusted them, still not perfect but good enough. Car was definitely worth the wait. Was surprised in some of the differences in the refreshed X vs previous one (cannot control the 2nd row seats from the front, lowering and raising 3rd row is manual, no front camera view), and definitely trying to get used to the new menu layout. Otherwise delivery went smoothly, they gave us as much time as we needed with the car before signing the papers (they did try and get us to sign everything before seeing the car). Was planning on PPFing the car in matte, but may just PPF in gloss as the black color really looks sharp. We did notice after getting home that we did not have a USB in the car, hopefully that won’t be too hard to get now.

Reactions: Kaos_X
I've heard this story too, but it doesn't appear to be true, given how the performance w/ radar has been objectively better.

If vision-only was actually better, the cars w/ radar would be disabling the radar. They're not.
The newer builds are not coming with radar, if Elon is right the FSD price is going to skyrocket.....

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Picked up our Plaid X today. It had mild alignment issues on one of the FWD and the hood. We waited a while while they adjusted them, still not perfect but good enough. Car was definitely worth the wait. Was surprised in some of the differences in the refreshed X vs previous one (cannot control the 2nd row seats from the front, lowering and raising 3rd row is manual, no front camera view), and definitely trying to get used to the new menu layout. Otherwise delivery went smoothly, they gave us as much time as we needed with the car before signing the papers (they did try and get us to sign everything before seeing the car). Was planning on PPFing the car in matte, but may just PPF in gloss as the black color really looks sharp. We did notice after getting home that we did not have a USB in the car, hopefully that won’t be too hard to get now.
You checked the glove box already for it right?

• Helpful
Reactions: n.one.one
I use the 40amp capable 14-50 corded mobile connector, cheaper to have one of these for visits to several family homes rather than installing wall connector at each. At my main residence I use a 60amp Wall connector.

Initially I was looking to get that one, but it hasn’t been in stock in like 10 months or so

Another long time lurker and first time poster. My April 2021 LR X (Blue/Ebony) was just assigned a vin with a delivery date in ~2 weeks.

Order RN115027691
Vin 7SASCBE5XNF334179

A few questions about the vin:

Is this a ‘21 or ‘22 model year?
What is the approximate build date?
Based on the build date - will my MX have matrix headlights, Elon vision (or radar) and where will the charge port be located (driver or passenger side)?
Apr is the latest I have seen in this batch of vins — hope for RN 1149+ /May orders!

3rd row has always been manual right ? What do you mean by front camera view? Like dash cam/sentry? Ive never seend front cam view while driving, like backup cam. USB stick should be in the glovebox

Do you mean there's no USB ports in the X?

If anyone here has decided to buy some other Tesla while I wait for the model X, please raise your hand. I am looking at some inventory model Y options. I have no idea if their pricing is good or if it even makes sense.
I succumbed and ordered a MYP, lol. Great to see a range already for my EDD (Apr 12-May 10). Am going to look for new inventory to see if I can get a MYLR but if not. MYP it is. Will have a decision to make in Q2 when my ID4 is expected to be delivered. Will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Reactions: nBar5EV1 and shahhm
I'm considering ditching FSD on my X now that the radar has been removed. Anyone else? The reports from owners just seem like it's a complete waste of money without radar, and Tesla has yet to prove that vision-only can ever actually work.
Trust me, I wanted to cancel and I’m so glad they didn’t let me. After having been in FSD beta for over a year, I didn’t realize how far behind regular autopilot was. It’s night and day. You’ll want it even if you don’t want it to drive you. Those few extra features are worth it.

Trust me, I wanted to cancel and I’m so glad they didn’t let me. After having been in FSD beta for over a year, I didn’t realize how far behind regular autopilot was. It’s night and day. You’ll want it even if you don’t want it to drive you. Those few extra features are worth it.
This is #lazyweb but how does FSD work when a car is sold? It goes with the car, so the seller can include those charges when selling?

Finally got a VIN!

MX LR, Blue/White, 6 seat, FSD, ordered 02/01/21

EDD July --> March 01-05
Screenshot_20220226-152816.png

Hoping for a smooth delivery 🤞

You checked the glove box already for it right?
Well there it is. Weird that it’s not showing up when trying to select sentry mode, is there anything special I have to do to it?
Do you mean there's no USB ports in the X?
No, there are. We have 4 usb-c ports, and they all are install properly. And the USB port in the glovebox that ironwill helped me find lol.
3rd row has always been manual right ? What do you mean by front camera view? Like dash cam/sentry? Ive never seend front cam view while driving, like backup cam. USB stick should be in the glovebox
I thought they had a different button to drop the seats in the older version. Or that you could initiate that from the front. Could be wrong, this is our first X. And yes, I wish they would give the option to use the camera in the front.

• Disagree
Reactions: SummitX