Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the X Plaid. overall not bad. some paint issues. seats were dirty too. They were delivering 47 cars today at Devon. Amazing.

dull spot on the hood and sandy feeling (overspray?) on back upper quarter.

I attached the quarter panel picture that shows weird paint spray and condensation.

Car is fast. we had a X P100D , but this thing is crazy fast, comparatively. the yoke allows more room than S so it’s a nicer feel. car is way more nimble feeling than the ‘18. Drives more like a car instead of a SUV.

The front doors are so much more heavier duty and heavy in general, compared to our 2018 X.

Sadly I don’t think the Tuxmats we had for our ‘18 X are going to fit.

Here were the issues I found. I’m listing them just to help other people to be on the lookout for similar issues.

* wrinkles on seats and uneven foam behind material.
* passenger side - rear passenger headrest won’t fold when folding down seats
* dull spot on hood
* passenger front door handle has extra paint blob
* seats seem slightly stained
* passenger side windshield seems distorted
*driver side brake light has a lot of condensation
*driver side rear upper quarter panel has overspray on paint

FYI. it’s not 3 days to report issues anymore. it’s now “report issues before 100 miles”.

The gap at the tailight looks very wide. only at the tailight area

As european Tesla model x waiter, seems that there is on 18 of 514 orders here on Tesla motors club spreadsheet directed to Europe.
First seems to be very old 19/09/2020 so it`s before launch of refresh.

Tesla stopped to take orders of model X outside US markets in december 2021 so there is whole year of orders between that norway 2020 and December 2021 date, but only 18 of 514 is listed here what is only 3% of all orders in spreadsheet.

They informed that stop to take orders was caused on high demand and long ( risky on economical side ) lean time.

My opinion is that on those few orders, assume we are about prox 10% of all model X total orders there could be some 200 at all to fullifie
in Europe and like you US guys, they could even try to give us some EDD. my was as the beginning "before end of 2022" but that has now dissapeared
from my account.

Now rough calculatuons from spreadseheet shows that Tesla deliver us some 10-12 pc of faberg eggs every week and they got
orders in about 3pc a week ( 24pc in 2022 from spreadsheet)

If we are 10% of model X orders, they get orders in now in a rate of 30pc a week ( only US) and they manufacture these in scale of 120 a week
means that they catch up backlog in a level of 90 a week

then next calculation, they have delivered propably 80pc of those 514 here, at least those 73 so undelivered is little over 400, maybe 430 pc.
That equals that total backlog is in a level of 4000-4300pc and with 90pc a week, whole backlog has been eaten up in a 45 weeks so every one here should
get their model X this year.

Now the mystery is those 18 pc (200 total to Europe ), will Tesla deliver those this year or no.... all those fits in one ship to Europe, so we hope they run
a batch of perfect ones for european in july with all refreshed refresh features like matrix.. and maybe finger crossed.... drumroll... if no ship catch fire in middle of Atlantic happend i could get my Plaid X early...

worst case scenario is that they fill all other markets and versions before European or Putin figure out that there is only 2 independent no Nato allied
countrys as his neiboroug in Europe, Ukraine and..... Finland.. :-/

We (i) hope we go in to Nato and get under articla 5 from yesterday so maybe we have infrastructure left when maybe i get my first Tesla

Last edited:
Is this true they will bring back 5 or more importantly 7 seater x plaids? I'm picking one up Monday but if they made 7 seater plaid I'm canceling my order.
I was talking about 5/7 seater LRs. There are a ton of us waiting with no news just for those variants. I don’t think they’ll bring it back for the plaids anytime soon.

As european Tesla model x waiter, seems that there is on 18 of 514 orders here on Tesla motors club spreadsheet directed to Europe.
First seems to be very old 19/09/2020 so it`s before launch of refresh.

Tesla stopped to take orders of model X outside US markets in december 2021 so there is whole year of orders between that norway 2020 and December 2021 date, but only 18 of 514 is listed here what is only 3% of all orders in spreadsheet.

They informed that stop to take orders was caused on high demand and long ( risky on economical side ) lean time.

My opinion is that on those few orders, assume we are about prox 10% of all model X total orders there could be some 200 at all to fullifie
in Europe and like you US guys, they could even try to give us some EDD. my was as the beginning "before end of 2022" but that has now dissapeared
from my account.

Now rough calculatuons from spreadseheet shows that Tesla deliver us some 10-12 pc of faberg eggs every week and they got
orders in about 3pc a week ( 24pc in 2022 from spreadsheet)

If we are 10% of model X orders, they get orders in now in a rate of 30pc a week ( only US) and they manufacture these in scale of 120 a week
means that they catch up backlog in a level of 90 a week

then next calculation, they have delivered propably 80pc of those 514 here, at least those 73 so undelivered is little over 400, maybe 430 pc.
That equals that total backlog is in a level of 4000-4300pc and with 90pc a week, whole backlog has been eaten up in a 45 weeks so every one here should
get their model X this year.

Now the mystery is those 18 pc (200 total to Europe ), will Tesla deliver those this year or no.... all those fits in one ship to Europe, so we hope they run
a batch of perfect ones for european in july with all refreshed refresh features like matrix.. and maybe finger crossed.... drumroll... if no ship catch fire in middle of Atlantic happend i could get my Plaid X early...

worst case scenario is that they fill all other markets and versions before European or Putin figure out that there is only 2 independent no Nato allied
countrys as his neiboroug in Europe, Ukraine and..... Finland.. :-/

We (i) hope we go in to Nato and get under articla 5 from yesterday so maybe we have infrastructure left when maybe i get my first Tesla
I am one of those 18 european Tesla and I also hope for July

Trust me, I wanted to cancel and I’m so glad they didn’t let me. After having been in FSD beta for over a year, I didn’t realize how far behind regular autopilot was. It’s night and day. You’ll want it even if you don’t want it to drive you. Those few extra features are worth it.
Which extra features are a must-have. On occasion, I used auto park. It was slow, but I felt more confident it wouldn't curb my rims in a tight spot. I also used summon on rare occasion.

Reactions: Vitaman
You sold your second order to Chancellor who then sold his original order. You have no right to complain.

Edit: TBC you’ve already had VIN. No sympathy.
The plaid was never to keep. I ordered it to sell it. The only one I’ve ever ordered for myself was the LR. Ordered the plaid in August of 21. The LR I ordered in Jan of 21. And no he didn’t sell his original order. He offered to sell it but no one wanted it so he simply cancelled the order.

Reactions: bhramabull
I actually ended up doing both.

First I had a nema 14-50 outlet installed and picked up a used 1st gen mobile connector so I can get the full 40amp and to have an additional charger at home and keep the one in the car.

Then my uncle sold his Tesla and gave me his gen 3 wall connector. I didn’t feel like re-wiring and changing the breaker to 60 so I just converted the wall charger to Nema 14-50 connection which was surprisingly easy and took me all of 30 minutes

So now I just have the wall charger plugged in to a Nema 14-50 outlet… but no car to test it with lol…. You should stop by my house and plug in when you get your car this week so I can test the charger 🤪

View attachment 774047
I did similar. But when we installed the 14-50 we used a 6 gauge wire, so when I moved to wall connector I just swapped that 50 amp breaker out for a 60 amp because the wire is already rated for that kind of load.
Works great

Reactions: JER85
Picked up the X Plaid. overall not bad. some paint issues. seats were dirty too. They were delivering 47 cars today at Devon. Amazing.

dull spot on the hood and sandy feeling (overspray?) on back upper quarter.

I attached the quarter panel picture that shows weird paint spray and condensation.

Car is fast. we had a X P100D , but this thing is crazy fast, comparatively. the yoke allows more room than S so it’s a nicer feel. car is way more nimble feeling than the ‘18. Drives more like a car instead of a SUV.

The front doors are so much more heavier duty and heavy in general, compared to our 2018 X.

Sadly I don’t think the Tuxmats we had for our ‘18 X are going to fit.

Here were the issues I found. I’m listing them just to help other people to be on the lookout for similar issues.

* wrinkles on seats and uneven foam behind material.
* passenger side - rear passenger headrest won’t fold when folding down seats
* dull spot on hood
* passenger front door handle has extra paint blob
* seats seem slightly stained
* passenger side windshield seems distorted
*driver side brake light has a lot of condensation
*driver side rear upper quarter panel has overspray on paint

FYI. it’s not 3 days to report issues anymore. it’s now “report issues before 100 miles”.

I added your issues to the Issue Tracking spreadsheet :)

Thread:
Spreadsheet:

I did similar. But when we installed the 14-50 we used a 6 gauge wire, so when I moved to wall connector I just swapped that 50 amp breaker out for a 60 amp because the wire is already rated for that kind of load.
Works great
Oh we used a 6 gauge wire too… I thought you needed a 4 gauge for the 60 and the the HPWC…. Maybe I will switch it out once the weather gets nicer out.

not sure if anyone else has had this experience lately but most times I see peoples estimated delivery getting pushed back. Mine was originally 3/9-3/14, as of this morning it’s 3-5-3/11. Pleasant surprise but sucks at the same time because we are closing on a house 3/10 which might complicate things and this delivery range may change again. Checked to make sure it’s the same VIN which it is.

Attachments

• 2CB48412-4A1F-4EAD-880C-BB9D4053C397.jpeg
    2CB48412-4A1F-4EAD-880C-BB9D4053C397.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1
Another long time lurker here who finally got vin'ed this morning!

Original order date: 2/21/21 - Model X LR Black/Black/20"- 5 Seat
Received "The Call" and switched config on 10/2/21 - Model X LR Black/Black/20" - 6 Seat

VIN 7SAXCBE53NF334XXX

Estimated delivery date: March 11 - 17

Pickup location - Paramus NJ

Anyone have insurance quotes for Northern NJ?
Thinking of wrapping/tinting upon delivery, any recommendations?