Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The website shows the 22" wheels config at 330 miles vs 348 for 20" wheels. But Tesla could have that wrong and it be a much bigger drop than 18 miles to use 22" wheels. We'll see what the recalibrated value is.

Honestly, I dig the new all weather mats Tesla sells. They fit perfectly! Unfortunately, that's only for the front. I've ordered the 2nd and 3rd row 3D Maxspider ones people mentioned. They haven't arrived yet to give it a review.
Could you give the link to where you ordered please. I am not able to find any websites where you can buy only the back mats separately

I had the maxspider mats in my S... they're really good *except* the ugly plastichrome "3D" logo. I guess if they were just in the back I'd never notice 🤣

Unfortunately it seems the Tesla mats are sold out :\. I'll ask my local shop if they have any.
That Logo can be easily removed by just snipping off the holder on the back. Leaves a tiny hole, but if that bothers you, it can easily be filled with some glue.

something about this new charge port feels off - I think the older LED ring feels much more premium. I get the illuminated Tesla logo a la 3/Y, but the placement feels off - kinds shoved up in the corner of the charge area.

I agree. The lighted ring has a nicer look to it. I also prefer the plaid text badging over that rectangle with a bunch lines in it. I don’t have a plaid coming but if I did, I’d remove that thing and replace it with PLAID text instead.

Holy crap I have a March timeline. This is the first I’ve ever seen a timeline. I’m not putting any weight into it, but if it happens it better be earlier because AS I PREDICTED like 600 pages ago, it is that one week in March I am away. 🙃

Attachments

• 5FEEC731-7B58-4EB9-9318-64F51BFA8593.png
    5FEEC731-7B58-4EB9-9318-64F51BFA8593.png
    538.9 KB · Views: 108
I agree. The lighted ring has a nicer look to it. I also prefer the plaid text badging over that rectangle with a bunch lines in it. I don’t have a plaid coming but if I did, I’d remove that thing and replace it with PLAID text instead.
Agreed all around
Apologies to be late to this conversation but I thought the 3d spider ones didn’t fit the MX Refresh yet? When I go on the website they seem to be only through 2021 but not 2022?? Thanks
i just called 3D Maxspider and they said that they don’t have refresh MX available yet and it will likely be at least another month or two…

Reactions: DelPhonic1
1/27/21 order here still stuck on July. My SA continues to say that they have ZERO information on when my car could be available. I feel like they have gotten through the backlog of all pre-refresh orders at this point and im the last one standing for day one of the refresh orders at this point. 13 month wait and counting....
Nope. I’m 1/23/21 pre refresh. Just got my first ever date range, but with my luck it’ll go back to July.

Update on my battery/range issue:

I charged to 100% yesterday afternoon. It reached 315. This morning, when I got into my car to take kids to school, it was still at 315. So here is my data:

From Home to School (10 miles) - MX consumed 10 miles (3%) - 294 Wh/mi
From School to Home (10 miles) - MX consumed 8 miles (3%) - 281 Wh/mi

I will continue to monitor my battery until I reach 0 or as close to it as possible.
That’s really efficient

I’m pretty sure we don’t get that good even in the Y

Apologies to be late to this conversation but I thought the 3d spider ones didn’t fit the MX Refresh yet? When I go on the website they seem to be only through 2021 but not 2022?? Thanks
Others here have purchased them or used their old ones and claim it fit just fine. The front is what changed the most anyway and I'm using the new Tesla mats for the front.

Reactions: retco
Holy crap I have a March timeline. This is the first I’ve ever seen a timeline. I’m not putting any weight into it, but if it happens it better be earlier because AS I PREDICTED like 600 pages ago, it is that one week in March I am away. 🙃
I just got the same timeframe on mine, was previously July. No VIN though so I’m skeptical. My car is almost the same except cream interior with a late April order date

I just got the same timeframe on mine, was previously July. No VIN though so I’m skeptical. My car is almost the same except cream interior with a late April order date
I wanted to get cream, but my toddler is absolutely insane and the cream seats in my current car have seen better days. When they’re older I’ll go back to a lighter color.

Others here have purchased them or used their old ones and claim it fit just fine. The front is what changed the most anyway and I'm using the new Tesla mats for the front.
Got it very helpful and Ty! Just my luck the TESLA Matt’s are now out of stock! I assume the local SC’s don’t stock stuff like that… though I assume the frunk liner must be different bc I think I read somewhere the refresh has a smaller frunk ….

Last edited:
Anyone with a refresh get tint yet? I want to get xpel xr plus but don't know which percentage, 15 or 20 for the front windows. Is rear window tint necessary since its already factory dyed? I will be getting 55% windshield as well.
This is XPEL Ceramic XR Plus. I went with 20% on the 2 front sides and 70% on the rears and back window.
DJI_0132.JPG

DJI_0129.JPG

The joke early on was that only California was getting their cars delivered. Lately, it seems like it’s only non- california. My 2/21/21 order still stuck on July edd.
It was more than a joke. Many were like, irate😀. My January ‘21 California order still languishes with the rest of many of the old heads in July as we watch Midwest and East coasters flourish in VINs like a sea of daffodils. We’re happy for you!

But c’mon airbag horn and matrix headlights— they’ll make the wait more worthwhile.