Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
408 days later I have a VIN!
I hate to do this yall but I can’t for the life of me find how to read the vin again. Is this a 2022?

7SAXCBE54NF3348XX
EDD: March 12-17th
Long range, 6 seat, blue/black, 20” no FSD, Philadelphia suburbs. Order Date: 1/23/21
Every VIN that starts 7S is a 2022. They changed their VIN style for 2022. Also the “NF” means 2022.

Reactions: tintedrosie
1646793066348.png

Can someone help me understand if this is 2022 model also?

thanks!

It’s 315 for 22” wheels. When I change my config to 20” wheels, I see 348 appear on my app.

How do you find this data?
On my 3 it was on a sticker affixed to the frame that you could only see after removing the frunk tub (I installed homelink myself). I believe the S and X used to have it visible behind the wheel well but I think they started making it more difficult to see with the raven refresh. Not sure where it is now.

• Informative
Reactions: Stro
PSA: check tail lights carefully for sealant during delivery.

Right after delivery, noticed some silicone sealant surrounding one of my tail lights. It looks like it's preventing water from entering due to a misaligned panel. Crazy stuff!

Anyone experience this?

View attachment 778437
View attachment 778436
View attachment 778435

View attachment 778434
Holy *sugar*, that’s bad. Really bad.

I promised myself if I was getting a refresh (S or X) I’d wait 1 year for them to iron out issues. Only the Model S Refresh+ meets that. And that’s what I’m getting. I had a mature Raven X that has never seen the SC.

If I was getting an X, I would put a hold until the headlights were out. At a minimum. And that wouldn’t be just for the headlights but sone time for flushing out cars sitting in field etc. I’m sure this will get resolved. But this isn’t right. You don’t typically use ANY silicon to put a taillight in. Silicon o-ring or something, yes. Not Home Depot silicon in a caulking gun. Someone messed up and the must be compensating for a mold mismatch issue or something. Or a design flaw.

Here's my timeline- feel like I should provide given I've been reading this thread:

1/09/2022 ordered MX P - 6 Seater
Early February: had March EDD then changed to July then changed back to October
Mid-February: EDD to a 2-week window for Mid to Late March
Today (03/08/2022): a) EDD window changed to 1 week range on the app for mid march and no vin---> logged in online, and got a vin - so there is a delay between app and online

Unfortunate to hear that Tesla isn't prioritizing orders based on FIFO. I had an order placed in October 2021 and that one is still October 2022 (albeit 5 seater) so that will be canceled.

Here's my timeline- feel like I should provide given I've been reading this thread:

Today (03/08/2022): a) EDD window changed to 1 week range on the app for mid march and no vin---> logged in online, and got a vin - so there is a delay between app and online

Unfortunate to hear that Tesla isn't prioritizing orders based on FIFO. I had an order placed in October 2021 and that one is still October 2022 (albeit 5 seater) so that will be canceled.
That means they're catching up 😁

Question for those that have already received their vehicles…I’m sure it has already been mentioned on this thread. With all the issues that I’ve been reading about during inspection, does payment have to be prior to inspection/delivery?

Seems like you are the first one in Canada who get a VIN

Reactions: Zygote1975
Plaids are on a completely different queue than LR, just like 6 seaters are different queue than 5/7. There are actually a couple orders after you that took delivery almost a month ago. But also still several before you that seem to not have a VIN yet. Teslas order fulfillment logic here isn't very clear. The only pattern I really notice right now is that East coast are getting more VINs than West coast, but I suspect that will change soon.

Are you actually in Toronto though? Would be the first VIN I have seen in Canada.

Reactions: ironwill96
Plaids are on a completely different queue than LR, just like 6 seaters are different queue than 5/7. There are actually a couple orders after you that took delivery almost a month ago. But also still several before you that seem to not have a VIN yet. Teslas order fulfillment logic here isn't very clear. The only pattern I really notice right now is that East coast are getting more VINs than West coast, but I suspect that will change soon.

Are you actually in Toronto though? Would be the first VIN I have seen in Canada.
not in toronto. in florida

So, I learned today that we don't even get a 3 month trial for XM Radio. We get a fraction of our steering wheel and call it a yoke, no radar, fake range for 22" wheels (315 vs 330), no stalks, no center horn (although it's coming). But it's XM... didn't really want to subscribe. Just wanted to test it for sound comparison. Tidal is pricy. Not sure I will keep the subscription as I already have Apple Music, but they at least give us military folks 40% off. The cost savings are real for Tesla.

So, I learned today that we don't even get a 3 month trial for XM Radio. We get a fraction of our steering wheel and call it a yoke, no radar, fake range for 22" wheels (315 vs 330), no stalks, no center horn (although it's coming). But it's XM... didn't really want to subscribe. Just wanted to test it for sound comparison. Tidal is pricy. Not sure I will keep the subscription as I already have Apple Music, but they at least give us military folks 40% off. The cost savings are real for Tesla.
Your signature says Happy MX owner 👍🏾 so I'm going With that

Your signature says Happy MX owner 👍🏾 so I'm going With that
lol, oh I'm happy with the car. Just crazy how the little things are left out. This is the first car with XM that doesn't come with a trial that I've ever owned. Maybe Tesla has never offered a trial before? I am a little mad about my range though. To me, it's like buying a new TV and expecting 8K only to find out it only does 4K. Yeah, not much of an upgrade, (15 miles) but hey... it's 15 miles I may someday need.