Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so frustrated I'm about ready to cancel. Ordered an X Plaid refresh the week it was announced to replace current X. Went thru all the same BS that everyone else did...the delays, the calling to tell you to change your config to the 6 seater....blah, blah, blah. Yeah, ok I'll do it, give me my f'ing 150,000 car. None of it mattered. And of course no-one ever calls to tell you what the hell is going on. You just have to look at their website like little sheep and hope they bless you with a car. I got the 2 week windows starting in January. Every 2 weeks they just would push back 2 weeks at a time. Then like most, they just put it back to July.

Then magically it was back to March 7-26. OK, here's hope. Then they call me and tell me...since your delivery is coming up...if you're still planning on trading in, then we need pictures. Yeah, ok, but the website you are directing me to isn't allowing me to upload. O, keep watching it will. Look every day. No change. Then apparently yesterday, moved back to July. F Tesla. Worst customer service ever. No-one has any clue what's going on, nor seems to care.

it was detailed nice, had minimal issues, Make sure you set up an appointment ASAP because it’s about three weeks out

Yeah I set the appointment as soon as I got the text message yesterday... My options were the 19th which is a Saturday or the 21st that Monday..... I went with the 21st because I've passed by there on Saturdays and its a complete madhouse with tons of deliveries going on.

Providing a quick update on my MXP! I picked the car up on 2/23. As I drove off the lot, the display was flickering. Tesla took a look at it and told me I inserted an incompatible USB key as the issue was now resolved. The following morning the screen was flickering again and I drove it to the service center for an unscheduled appointment. They kept it a few days and concluded there was a firmware issue on the display... all firmware was re-installed and the issue was resolved. Picked up the car from service and the screen flickered again. Tesla kept the car for another week, escalated the issue to engineering, and brought out a field technician to assist in diagnosing the issue. Tesla determined the screen was defective from the factory, overnighted a replacement screen, installed it, and now everything works great. So even though I took delivery 2/23, in my mind, I really took delivery yesterday when I picked up the working car. What a hassle... but glad everything works now.

View attachment 778270

Just dropped the car off for full xpel ppf wrap and 20% tints all around; 70% on windshield. Painful to wait another week but in the end it will be worth it! One note: on inspection, the detailing shop told me they found silicon sealing the edge around the passenger side rear tail light and they won't be able to tuck the wrap around that light because of it. She said she had never seen that before on a Tesla and there may have been a leak. Does that sound right, and should I be concerned?

More photos and updates soon - so far, worth the wait!
Can I ask what your RN started with? Trying to see where I am in the line up , if I'm lucky. Thanks

I'm so frustrated I'm about ready to cancel. Ordered an X Plaid refresh the week it was announced to replace current X. Went thru all the same BS that everyone else did...the delays, the calling to tell you to change your config to the 6 seater....blah, blah, blah. Yeah, ok I'll do it, give me my f'ing 150,000 car. None of it mattered. And of course no-one ever calls to tell you what the hell is going on. You just have to look at their website like little sheep and hope they bless you with a car. I got the 2 week windows starting in January. Every 2 weeks they just would push back 2 weeks at a time. Then like most, they just put it back to July.

Then magically it was back to March 7-26. OK, here's hope. Then they call me and tell me...since your delivery is coming up...if you're still planning on trading in, then we need pictures. Yeah, ok, but the website you are directing me to isn't allowing me to upload. O, keep watching it will. Look every day. No change. Then apparently yesterday, moved back to July. F Tesla. Worst customer service ever. No-one has any clue what's going on, nor seems to care.
Try hard to ignore the EDDs. The fact that it’s bouncing around and out to July seems to be a good thing. You’ll get a new date range soon that will stick.

They seem to be in a LR run now, so looks like you might have to wait until April latest.

Ignore Tesla and EDDs. It will be easier to keep your spirits up.

Reactions: Hebert and lexus26

That is soul crushing. I remember when I ordered by 2018 model S, couldn’t be a more different experience, they called me the day I ordered and we were in constant communication until delivery. Now with the X I have a similar experience like yours although yours is worse. Tesla has not scaled well customer service wise

I keep getting the same notice even though I uploaded insurance doc. think it’s just an automated reminder?

EDD window moves 2 days at a time for me. Now shows March 10th - 31st.

May be I am a backup for March EOQ push, in case someone misses delivery.

5 seater MXLR
Order April 2021
20 inch wheels, white / Beige.
No FSD
Could be our first 5 seater?

I have been trying to to figure out the same thing. Last weekend, I went to my St. Louis Service center and saw multiple LR and Plaid X's sitting in their lot. It just about broke my spirit, knowing that the issue is not getting the X's to the Midwest. Several people in my own town are getting them.
I saw the same thing in the KC service center. Exciting but very disheartening...

Reactions: Prairie and jbrowdy
Brooooo I’m so mad sad frustrated and everything else they wait til I’m almost there to tell me oneof the rims are damaged and I cant take delivery. Like its that bad??? Sheesh. They said if it goes to a local partner it could be by end of week. If it needs a whole new rim it could take a week to get from tesla if it needs a body shop 😳😳 outside of their partners it could take weeks!!!! I knew this would happen to me!!!!!! 💔💔💔 I have a LR coming there next week but I really wanted the plaid!!!