Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order for 5 a seater MXLR August of 2021. I got impatient and took delivery of a performance model Y in January. After almost forgetting about the MXLR, i got an estimated delivery date of March 26-April 15. My pricing is locked in at 89,990 and has FSD locked in at 10k. Am i able to "sell" the reservation even though I already own a tesla. If not, I would be willing to buy and sell if anyone is interested. Please PM.
I’m interested, where are you located? I’m in Maryland.

Reactions: honeyfist301
Now that I have a VIN I wanted to explore financing options on the website but there is bad logic and now I can only hope to get a call back from a person.
I requested a trade-in value but did not accept it. I applied for Tesla financing to see the rate but they approved a loan for the balance after trade-in. I hope to get a better price from a private sale and use a larger loan value but there is no way to correct the offer request online.
Just call your local service (or any service) and go through the prompts for vehicles, then new deliveries... You'll get through to someone and they should either assist or point you in the right direction. I've gotten help through this method for literally 6 Teslas I've purchased over the years.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
This is real folks. After a 2 minutes of a 15 minute test drive, the great handling and acceleration of the Y paled in comparison to the unacceptable ride. Was a real shame as I really liked the size. If they made a Y at $125,000 (comfort, tech, and performance upgrades) that would be the perfect car.
Isn't that the MX?

I see someone posted my tweet (thank you @EV3_ ). I was on a road trip at the time so I can update now (what is up with Tesla scheduling delivery when people are out of town? haha).

Ordered Feb 2021, 7 seat, white/white/20"/no FSD/LR. Got the October 6 seat call and accepted hoping for delivery in 2021.

On 3/17 I got an email that said VIN assigned and I checked my app and it said estimated delivery 3/19-3/23. I was on vacation as I said, so I wasn't able to email the bank until Saturday and I am waiting for loan approval for Tesla.

Since I have a vin, I am fairly confident I'll be picking up the car this week as long as the bank comes through. The EDD has since changed to 3/22-3/26. I think this is because I texted the delivery team letting them know I am waiting for the bank, to which they responded not a problem.

If anything drastic changes I'll give an update. I can't believe it's finally happening!
Excellent! Keep us all posted. I look forward to your upcoming videos.

You recover from the food poisoning yet?

While this is shocking and a lesson to us all, is this more of a SC specific issue or something more spread out ? Are items like this going back through the Muskvine?
i've taken delivery of a good amount of teslas.

one of my Xs, I picked up the FWD wouldnt close/latch. So on day 1 it was in service for a week. Its amazing they didnt discover this until i had my family loaded in the car and door wouldnt close. Had to pull them all back out and get a loaner.

My S Plaid, i drove it 80 miles and exact same thing happened as this guy in his youtube video. It said pull over immediately and get out as the power was shutting down. The main battery needed to be replaced.

I'm so used to it by now I wouldn't even be surprised if my next X had similar issues. I'm at the point where i just laugh it off now unfortunately.

little late, but just to jump in on the radar thing.. sure after buying my first model Y I had some weird phantom brakes but I could tap the accelerator and teach the car that’s a no. After a few months of driving it knew areas where it shouldn’t do that and completely ignored bridges and overpasses.
Now that I have a car that is vision only. There is no rhyme or reason to its constant and sudden phantom brakes. I can touch the accelerator all day, but it’s never in the same spot twice, and it’s never learning anything.
It’s just funny how well my other car worked on winding roads, and in foggy conditions on what features of FSD were available. But my newer car can’t go straight down the road in perfect conditions without slamming on the brakes.

If radar truly was the worse idea ever I highly doubt other manufacturers wouldn’t be using it, and successfully… my ram 1500, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chrysler 300, and Ford F-350 all have/had radar with adaptive cruise and never once have I had an issue with any of them phantom breaking.. granted only the Jeep has active lane keep, but even it doesn’t have that issue..

Whatever the true reason is for removing radar was a poor excuse, and really should be reversed. If it’s a money thing I would GLADLY pay to retrofit the radar into my current model y and upcoming model x.
If it makes any of us feel any better, I believe the harness and the plug are still in place... This is my January 2022 build model Y. You can see the black/blue colored plug in the middle of picture.

Attachments

• 20220117_140238.jpg
    20220117_140238.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 83
Woke up today to a 2022 VIN - 7SAXCDE54NF337XXX!!

Configuration: MXLR | Blue | White | 5 seater | 22" | FSD | no financing or trade-in | Pick-up in Bay Area, California | Ordered Feb 28, 2021

EDD adventure history: June '21 -> October '21 -> April '22 -> July '22 -> March 15-31, 2022 -> March 21-April 6, 2022 -> March 22-28, 2022

Feels like Christmas morning! Fingers crossed I get it this week!

Update: Scheduled for home delivery on March 24

Last edited:
Day 420 for me. I’ve watched a half dozen of my exact car configuration be delivered over the last couple weeks that were ordered months after me, and still crickets. I’ve been tricked into a more expensive configuration with a promise of December 2021 delivery. Nothing but lies and deception. I will continue to wait for the X for all the reasons we already know, but this will be the last Tesla I ever order.
You are a month ahead of me, slightly different config., and deserve VIN and delivery.
Got my VIN, updated Spreadsheet, and delivery scheduled for 3/28 in Maplewood, MN.
Hope you hear very soon! Good Luck!

What I find very odd is that I'm in CA, I ordered before the refresh was announced (beginning of January 2021, so we're on month #14, almost 15), and others are getting similar/same configurations further from the factory first. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for anyone taking delivery of a new X. However, I really think Tesla should properly prioritize orders based on order date... This whole situation, as everyone here knows, is rather ridiculous!

Woke up today to a 2022 VIN - 7SAXCDE54NF337XXX!!

Configuration: MXLR | Blue | White | 5 seater | 22" | FSD | no financing or trade-in | Pick-up in Bay Area, California | Ordered Feb 28, 2021

EDD adventure history: June '21 -> October '21 -> April '22 -> July '22 -> March 15-31, 2022 -> March 21-April 6, 2022 -> March 22-28, 2022

Feels like Christmas morning! Fingers crossed I get it this week!
That's our exact config! Post pics please when you get it.

Reactions: goldenage and jc368
I stopped by the SC that will be handling my delivery on Tuesday. They told me that I am not able to look at the car prior to delivery and that they only do home deliveries. I asked about how other people have been forced to accept delivery prior to being allowed inside the car to inspect it before agreeing to buy it and she said that I would be allowed the inspect the car at the delivery appointment but specifically said multiple times that I only get 5 minutes....

With all of the horror stories going around with model x quality issues, I'm already expecting to be disappointed at delivery. But after Tesla has made us wait for a year (more for some people), the fact that they won't give me more than 5 minutes to inspect the car on delivery day is absolute bullshit. She stated (several times) how fantastic their build quality is and that I don't need to inspect the car because they already have. Honestly I felt like I was her enemy, not a 100K customer. This entire experience has left a very sour taste in my mouth regarding Tesla. I wish I could say I was looking forward to delivery tomorrow but I'm really not anymore.

Ok folks - I just got a change in my delivery date from July to the second half of March. This is a 5 seater LR (see my signature for details.) No VIN has been assigned.

As of March 16 still my EDD and has not changed. Received text asking me if I want to proceed in MARCH or DELAY - Replied MARCH (meaning to proceed with purchase). No VIN to date.

As of 3/19: EDD went back to July.

As of this morning, 3/21: EDD went to March 25-April 15. Still no VIN

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
I stopped by the SC that will be handling my delivery on Tuesday. They told me that I am not able to look at the car prior to delivery and that they only do home deliveries. I asked about how other people have been forced to accept delivery prior to being allowed inside the car to inspect it before agreeing to buy it and she said that I would be allowed the inspect the car at the delivery appointment but specifically said multiple times that I only get 5 minutes....

With all of the horror stories going around with model x quality issues, I'm already expecting to be disappointed at delivery. But after Tesla has made us wait for a year (more for some people), the fact that they won't give me more than 5 minutes to inspect the car on delivery day is absolute bullshit. She stated (several times) how fantastic their build quality is and that I don't need to inspect the car because they already have. Honestly I felt like I was her enemy, not a 100K customer. This entire experience has left a very sour taste in my mouth regarding Tesla. I wish I could say I was looking forward to delivery tomorrow but I'm really not anymore.
You can always cancel the order, save them the trip.

I applied for Tesla financing to see the rate but they approved a loan for the balance after trade-in.
I spoke to a Tesla person and we sorted out the financing.
According to their info I was denied a loan for the full amount from their bank (really?) but offered the post trade in amount instead. Unify Financial it is then, with a better rate, too.