Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got VIN today, was completely unexpected. Only thing I did was post the pictures of my current model S for trade in yesterday. Went to local tesla store to just talk to a SA and she checked and lo and behold i have a vin. She was able to see that just today it was assigned to me. And that it's still in Fremont. Ended up setting up for delivery on Apr 5th.
If you don't mind sharing, what is your configuration and order date?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
So I just got my Model X delivered @ home today 5:30PM PT! My original delivery date was supposed to be Thursday, but I got a text today in morning saying it was ready for pick-up earlier and it got moved up to today 4PM-8PM.

Overall, its a great looking car and only found a few small issues (e.g., the worm, a small dent, etc.).

The one big issue was that the FWD doors are not working well:
1. Driver-side FWD: Seems like there is an issue with the sensor which is detecting something is next to it (when there is nothing) and refuses to open more than 1/4 of the way. I can't over-ride it to open more. I thought I remember someone else on the forum mention that? Does anyone know if there is a simple fix for it or it needs to be taken to the SC?
2. Passenger-side FWD: Seems to work fine, but when I close it (e.g., close all doors) it doesn't close all the way 1 out of 3 tries? I have to hit the close button again to close it fully. Anyone else experience this?
Is the car on level ground? My FWD were unhappy on hills.

Can't wait to get this thing wrapped in XPEL Stealth.
I'm sorry, but are you also using a TV remote in a clear plastic bag?

Another great idea:

H7c3f9e02c7124d81b3d2a2a97e254a16H.jpg

Last edited:
My Service date just got moved again. Originally Feb 28 -> March 14 -> March 24 -> April 4. Let this be a warning for those that are willing to accept a car with issues thinking they'll get fixed quickly. No end in sight for me and my issues were minimal compared to some of the ones I've seen posted here. I know everyone is excited to receive their MX, but a little extra patience may work in your favor if it's a vehicle with a lot of issues.

I’m in the same boat - have my service date on April 5th. Way I see it is I’d rather have it in for service AFTER the quarter end delivery push - just driving past my SC at EOQ they are totally slammed with deliveries - lot is full and they’re prepping cars. Would rather it cruise through service after the rush.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
The X is the most complicated car that has ever been built. It's actually stunning that it doesn't cost more.
agreed on the complexity. sometimes we gotta pause for some of those small things we don’t appreciate normally and take a moment— and give some thanks. And as well, give props to our ability to secure this fab egg in our big ol’ hands. except you ladies have petite, iron clad hands…

And truly, it does cost more now with recent price hikes. even more than the fastest production car made.

Last edited:
I just took a peek at the act - I don't think it's based off income. Income only impacts priority where low income applicants will receive priority. The only part of the act that speaks to income is the below which is not part of the eligibility requirements. I could be wrong here - I'm no expert, just how I'm interpreting it.

(c) The Agency shall make available in application materials methods for purchasers to identify as low-income. The Agency shall prioritize the review of qualified applications from low-income purchasers and award rebates to qualified purchasers accordingly.
if i lived in BelAire i’d surely qualify as low income.

Pretty certain that many next year models from most manufacturers are available before calendar year end.
Yes they almost always are - usually around September to October they start selling the next years vehicles and doing “close out” sales of prior (current) year. Of course with the supply chain issues who knows at this point with vehicle demand.

Reactions: ductordoc
I really, really, really loath Tesla management.

ME: Hi Tesla, I see I now have a EDD of 3/28 - 4/1. I will be in on 4/1 to take delivery.

TESLA : Please go into your app and select a delivery date. 3/27 - 3/29.

ME: I can’t, the Service Center says the car won’t arrive until 3/28 and they need to prep the car for deliver. I have work obligations on 3/29-3/31 so II’ll be in on 4/1 to take deliver.

TESLA: You have received notifications that your car is in transit, you must select a delivery date in the next few hours or your VIN will be reassigned.

ME: I can’t, the Service Center says the car won’t arrive until 3/28 and they need to prep the car for delivery. I have work obligations on 3/29-3/31 so II’ll be in on 4/1 to take deliver.

TESLA: If you do not accept delivery by 3/31 your VIN will be reassigned.

ME: If the car is delayed and does not arrive until 3/31 and can’t be delivered to me will you still reassign my VIN

TESLA : No

ME : So you make me wait 470 days for this car and if I make you wait one single day you’ll reassign my VIN?

TESLA : YES

ME : God I hate you people!

Schedule for pickup this afternoon of my plaid. Just received a call to reschedule due to door misalignment. Not sure what that means but definitely prompts me to make a much more detailed review before accepting it.

So sad - after 8 Tesla deliveries they keep getting worse. My model S plaid has had the most issues out of the 8 cars so far.
They ought to just ship the rolling chassis and have the service centers build them at this rate.

Yah, the fact that you and I were promised a measly 2k discount for accepting a 10k higher price for the refresh means Tesla refuses to ship us our cars. What a short sighted bunch of BS
I literally got into an argument at the delivery center with a Tesla advisor who swore up-and-down that Tesla was not doing that. And then pulled out my phone and showed her the email from January 2021 and the offer for me to have my order moved to a refresh with a $2000 discount. Then showed her a second email that was focused on financing for my April 2021 delivery that stated the $2000 discount would be applied at delivery. She asked me to forward her those two emails while continuing to state ” Tesla does not give rebates or discounts ever! “

I explain to her, I’ve been waiting so long for this car to be delivered. You were probably in high school when I made my original order. She was not abused. She then said she would have to take this matter up with her manager and probably discuss it with my original sales advisor. I told her good luck on that, he quit Tesla May 2021 because he get sick of being yelled at by model S & X order holders who did not get their cars in March, April and May.

Now, I know many of you have explained that $2000 discount will be applied in the final days before delivery. But it’s ludicrous that, not even showing them an email demonstrating the facts can they except it… there’s something happening in the customers favor.

Sadly you can’t make this stuff up.