Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one that has not gotten any texts from Tesla since I ordered?
I reached out to my advisor the other day. He said "theres no estimate posted but we will update it closer to January. Please reach out to me in November to see if I can see any updates on the backend!"
At least Tesla has not yet taken the initiative to reach out to me. I am always the one poking for information. Per usual it seems like they are just as in the dark as we are.

Reactions: lauraut

I never got anything. But then again I don't really have an advisor like some people here seem to have.... I just simply went on the website and placed my order without speaking to anyone.... I'm not sure how people end up with advisors. I thought ordering online on your own was the only way to do this.

I'm wondering if the people that Tesla is reaching out to are financing though Tesla?
Tesla is a smart money giant, if financing though them they get the $$ for the sell then get $$$$$ in the financial side.

I'm wondering if the people that Tesla is reaching out to are financing though Tesla?
Tesla is a smart money giant, if financing though them they get the $$ for the sell then get $$$$$ in the financial side.
no, i don't think this is factored in. I put that I'm paying in cash and received a text earlier this week to make sure my profile was complete for allocations.

The only thing left for me to do was to upload proof of insurance. My prior Plaid was same, I didn't use Tesla financing and I was one of the first to get it even though I ordered much later than others.

I never got anything. But then again I don't really have an advisor like some people here seem to have.... I just simply went on the website and placed my order without speaking to anyone.... I'm not sure how people end up with advisors. I thought ordering online on your own was the only way to do this.
Honestly, I think it's just the luck of the draw with advisors. I ordered on 12/5 last year and 2 hours later received a call and an email from James at the local service center congratulating me and telling me he'd help along the way until I take delivery. He's been a bit flighty throughout the refresh process, but he does get back to me one way or another generally. I did escalate to the store director at one point, so I think that helped 😎

Nothing as of yet... Really hoping we hear an update on the earnings call tomorrow!
Earnings call not for a few weeks. Tomorrow is the annual shareholder meeting. Musk supposed to speak tomorrow at the event though I don’t have much hope for MX announcement. They switched location from Palo Alto to Texas so they will probably focus heavily on Austin gigafactory and model Y production.

Reactions: CDT and lauraut
Earnings call not for a few weeks. Tomorrow is the annual shareholder meeting. Musk supposed to speak tomorrow at the event though I don’t have much hope for MX announcement. They switched location from Palo Alto to Texas so they will probably focus heavily on Austin gigafactory and model Y production.
Oops, you're right, not earnings call, but shareholder meeting.

Hi. I am from the Bay Area too. So you did not receive any emails or text after placing your order? Did you finalize your payment options? I received an email along with a text to proceed to the next steps in the ordering process. And I have texted my SA a couple times regarding the inconsistent EDDs. He has been pretty responsive, but with no real answers (of course).

I ordered online as well back in April and was sent an email and a text from a designated advisor.

Me either. I ordered mid Jan and never had an EDD until this summer where it said Sept then has gone blank for the past 5 weeks. No call, no text, nothing from Tesla the whole time and I live a mile from a showroom/service center.
Same ordered May 2021 and got he confirmation email etc like that. Have fully filled out my profile, applied for and approved for my loan but nothing from any SA.