Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to wonder how someone is able to take and post this spy video. Someone at the Fremont plant has to notice the drone. IANAL (I am not a lawyer) and I wonder how it's legal for someone to fly a drone over Tesla's private property.

Though I do appreciate it.

I have to wonder how someone is able to take and post this spy video. Someone at the Fremont plant has to notice the drone. IANAL (I am not a lawyer) and I wonder how it's legal for someone to fly a drone over Tesla's private property.

It's airspace governed by the FAA above 400ft technically speaking, so public domain. Below 400ft would be a question of local laws restricting drone flight, which don't exist in Fremont as far as I know.

• Informative
Reactions: focher

It's public airspace... plus Elon came out and said he doesn't mind it... He said anything confidential and unnanounced would not be out on that lot

I of course take all of this with a grain of salt, but I emailed my advisor and this is what I got back from him yesterday:

As far as updates on the X, based on when you ordered [I ordered the day it was announced] I expect your vehicle in the next 4-8 weeks. I ordered mine two months after you and it says December/January.

Tesla has been adapting, like every other industry, to the global transport and parts shortages. Model X was delayed and we are expecting to start deliveries within the next week or two based on our last earnings call and information that the Model X deliveries will ramp up in early October and that timeline has been holding.

We saw one of the new Model X up here on Thursday doing a final mileage test and it was amazing! Well worth the wait!

I of course take all of this with a grain of salt, but I emailed my advisor and this is what I got back from him yesterday:

As far as updates on the X, based on when you ordered [I ordered the day it was announced] I expect your vehicle in the next 4-8 weeks. I ordered mine two months after you and it says December/January.

Tesla has been adapting, like every other industry, to the global transport and parts shortages. Model X was delayed and we are expecting to start deliveries
within the next week or two based on our last earnings call and information that the Model X deliveries will ramp up in early October and that timeline has been holding.

We saw one of the new Model X up here on Thursday doing a final mileage test and it was amazing! Well worth the wait!

The dreaded "two weeks".

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Gee guys, you're making me think getting an X is a dicey proposition...😳🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😉
Well, it is by far the most complicated vehicle Tesla makes/has made so there is some risk there. I have been nervous about the doors for a while but figured they had ironed them out by now. I also talked to my SC and they said they have had very few FWD problems. They did say that the ultrasonic sensors can mess up when it's hot (something expands and moves and so the sensor thinks there's an obstruction) and the door won't open by itself, but you can hold the button and override it.
I never got anything. But then again I don't really have an advisor like some people here seem to have.... I just simply went on the website and placed my order without speaking to anyone.... I'm not sure how people end up with advisors. I thought ordering online on your own was the only way to do this.
You can go to or call a Gallery and have a salesperson help you. Depending on your state laws they can actually place the order for you or they can walk you through placing the order yourself. In that case they tend to stay in contact as your order moves. Otherwise, as you get closer to delivery you will be notified that you need to do things like insurance, review documents, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Woo! Finally back to 99

Attachments

• 10BAD8EA-8273-405C-9BBF-B2571FD6A07F.png
    10BAD8EA-8273-405C-9BBF-B2571FD6A07F.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 77
I'm back to 98. Hoping to get FSD beta before I get my MX as I'll be getting rid of my M3 and don't plan on getting FSD again unless it just blows my mind, which I don't expect.
Just curious does anyone know why the FSD isn't transferable? Is just bought software, should be transferable to any new or upgraded Tesla..