Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Shingles,
Thanks for your feedback.
So once I get the car, what is the best way to sell it? Any recomendations?
Thanks again
if you don't have any other tesla on your account, it is easy to sell your reservation...you just sell your account and the buyer can change the registration information. On our MY i changed my registration information from me to my wife's name and you can do the same to your 'brother in law'

Reactions: neo1738
Took delivery today. This journey has worn me out! Glad to finally have the beast. Love the new car smell. There are so many anecdotes around here, you probably don't need another one. But, I should point out that there were no major issues that I can see. Rear right trunk light was not working. Very subtle alignment irregularity on a FWD, but not enough for me to lose sleep over. A little dirt smudges on seats and exterior.

The checklist is really nice. Gives you peace of mind you are not missing anything.

Happy to answer questions if there are any!

Edit: I either can't figure out how to invoke TACC or it doesn't work. I put setting so Autopilot is a single click of the right scroll wheel, which should make TACC a double click. Can't get it to work. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Always set autosteer to double click, otherwise single click won’t activate cruise control only. I had to look it up too.

real world milage of MXLR is about 290-300 miles (even less on FWY above 70mph) with 100kwh if the cost is 0.44c that makes it $44 to fully charge which comes to 0.15c per mile.

30mpg car (good luck finding SUV that gets that if not hybrid) at $5 per g makes it 0.16c per mile

At that supercharger he is talking about, it is cheaper to drive ICE
You trying to say a full tank for an gas Suv is less than $44? 😂 At $5 a gallon that would get you less range than a Model 3 Standard Range. I would also venture to say most gas suv’s are closer to 20-22mpg for not mid-size suv’s at least. Which changes the cost dramatically.

You trying to say a full tank for an gas Suv is less than $44? 😂 At $5 a gallon that would get you less range than a Model 3 Standard Range. I would also venture to say most gas suv’s are closer to 20-22mpg for not mid-size suv’s at least. Which changes the cost dramatically.
let's see you doing math after drinking all day at a holiday party 😂🤣😂

Is my math wrong? If you have 30mpg and it costs $5 per gallon, and a Tesla with 4 miles per kWh. Then at 44 cents per kWh you can get 11.36 kWh which equates to 45.45 miles per $5 spent. Which compared to the 30mpg gas car is 51% cheaper per mile driven.
My 40k miles road trip experience tells me that I never get 4 miles per kwh, more like 3 miles per kwh and 11.36 kwh equals to 34 miles, roughly the same as a 34 mpg car.

in our dreams we'll get 4 miles per KWh
also if it cost you $6 from E to F that means you're paying 0.06c per KW...i doubt.
You don’t have to doubt it, I already stated we have some of the cheapest power in the US, and your correct it’s not .06 cents per KWh, it’s actually .0585 cents per KWh, anytime of day, all day.

Attachments

• 0651ED4E-CA50-44D4-976F-C086F165FE2A.jpeg
    0651ED4E-CA50-44D4-976F-C086F165FE2A.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
You don’t have to doubt it, I already stated we have some of the cheapest power in the US, and your correct it’s not .06 cents per KWh, it’s actually .0585 cents per KWh, anytime of day, all day.
I sort of do some numbers. That's not 0.06 cents per kWh; it's $0.06 per kWh. Or, in common English, six cents per kWh. Which is actually a pretty darn good price. I live in the Seattle area and pay ten cents ($0.10) per kWh and I'm very happy. By the way, I have absolutely no idea what it costs per gallon for regular gas. Really don't care. At ten cents per kWh my energy costs are essentially chump change. What bothers me is that our City has EV chargers and they want $0.40 per kWh. They probably pay the commercial rate, which is probably close to what robinsj pays in Utah. So, the delta ($0.30 per kWh) is really significant. Like thirty cents per kWh, which goes into someone's pocket.

Maybe the feds will get involved and make the prices fair. Nahhhh!! Never happen.....

• Funny
Reactions: 1pinhigh
I sort of do some numbers. That's not 0.06 cents per kWh; it's $0.06 per kWh. Or, in common English, six cents per kWh. Which is actually a pretty darn good price. I live in the Seattle area and pay ten cents ($0.10) per kWh and I'm very happy. By the way, I have absolutely no idea what it costs per gallon for regular gas. Really don't care. At ten cents per kWh my energy costs are essentially chump change. What bothers me is that our City has EV chargers and they want $0.40 per kWh. They probably pay the commercial rate, which is probably close to what robinsj pays in Utah. So, the delta ($0.30 per kWh) is really significant. Like thirty cents per kWh, which goes into someone's pocket.

Maybe the feds will get involved and make the prices fair. Nahhhh!! Never happen.....
Yes… this is my point, the superchargers where I live are also 40 cents per kW… so, it’s quite the mark up.

Reactions: ductordoc
In reality, model X should be compared with a sporty 3-row SUV like GLS 63, which has 16 mpg, rather than a fuel efficient Toyota. In this case, using supercharger is still much cheaper. For people who really want the lowest cost per mile, Model X, as well as those sporty ICE SUVs, may not be the best choices, as they are not designed that way. Instead, the unique set of power, futuristic features, along with the low cost of electricity, makes Model X attractive in the market.

I think that’s the reason why lots of people still use supercharger. From a different perspective, the rate in superchargers should also be set by Tesla according to the local supply and demand, which means Tesla still sees enough users accept this high rate. Hopefully the rate will come down in the long run, to compete with the growing third-party charging networks like EA’s. But I don’t think they are trying to compete with destination chargers. It’s impossible to be cheaper than that. Therefore, these 2 rates may not be perfectly correlated.
It may be possible for superchargers to compete with destination chargers electric costs as Tesla improves cost of solar power incrementally over time.

Reactions: ductordoc