Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ODD 6/1/21 MXLR 7 seater, white/black interior/20” and FSD. My date range was December 2022 which I was actually happy about since I just got married and am in the process of buying a house. My delivery window has narrowed to June 12-July 3. Which makes me nervous, since I would prefer one big purchase at a time lol not two at once. If I get a vin soon, should I just put the order on hold? How does that work?

Also I’m debating switching to grey exterior with white interior and dropping FSD. Which I know will naturally delay my order. I currently drive a white MY with FSD and keeping a white car clean is a lot more work than I remember when I drove a white BMW. Also don’t think FSD is worth the money right now. Anyone with a grey/white MX that wants to share pictures and convince me to change?
So here is an update to this situation. I ended up seeing a MSM MX with the white interor and absolutely fell in love with it. Reached out to our good friend Jorge over at order support, we went back and forth he said my base pricing would stay the same and I gave him permission to go ahead with the changes. Two days goes by and nothing. Well of course last night I got matched to a vehcile which is awesome, but what about Jorge? He said he's change my order and it didn't happen now I have a VIN. I have to put the car on hold regardless, but now am I SOL with trying to change to MSM and white interior? Thoughts?

i am questioning the group about this, because supercharging seems expensive to me. Trip coming up going to Phoenix, and looked and it shows kingman supercharger at 0.44 cents a KWh. Correct my math if I am wrong, but if you compare that cost of charging to a $5 gallon of gas, you are getting roughly 35 miles as compared to the cost of a gallon of gas. Don‘t get me wrong, I love my Tesla, but where is the potential savings that they are advertising on all the main sales pages for the cars? That honestly is not far off from cars today, and takes more time to charge then fill up a tank…

i am questioning the group about this, because supercharging seems expensive to me. Trip coming up going to Phoenix, and looked and it shows kingman supercharger at 0.44 cents a KWh. Correct my math if I am wrong, but if you compare that cost of charging to a $5 gallon of gas, you are getting roughly 35 miles as compared to the cost of a gallon of gas. Don‘t get me wrong, I love my Tesla, but where is the potential savings that they are advertising on all the main sales pages for the cars? That honestly is not far off from cars today, and takes more time to charge then fill up a tank…
I dunno about Superchargers, but I'm on a Time of Use plan with SoCal Edison, so for me home charging (Level 2) is $0.54/kWh from 4pm to 9pm, $0.21/kWh all other times. I wonder if Superchargers are also on a similar schedule

Reactions: DelPhonic1
The vast majority of charging is done not at a supercharger. And especially not at the more expensive superchargers. And for 99% of people road trips aren’t a regular occurrence. And even if it is for you then you are still paying ~50-60% less than $5 a gallon if you had a 30mpg car.

Curious what others have seen here: my EDD is June 6 (today) - June 26, but no VIN yet. For those of you that went from a ~3 week EDD range down to a shorter window (and/or got your VIN), did that happen near the beginning of your EDD window prior to the change, in the middle, or near the end? Not sure that makes sense as I phrased it, but basically I'm trying to read the tea leaves on whether the time from getting VIN'd to actually taking delivery is built into that EDD window or not...

Reactions: lexus26
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. We're picking up our MX Plaid tomorrow and are paying cash. Can we wait to pay after we inspect the vehicle?
It depends on your delivery center and the person who you are dealing with. When I picked up my Model Y in Littleton, CO, they let me inspect the car first and then enter my payment info via their Plaid system when I was ready to accept the vehicle. But again, there were a few delivery locations (according to the stories in the forum) who wouldn’t even unlock the car unless you pay first

Curious what others have seen here: my EDD is June 6 (today) - June 26, but no VIN yet. For those of you that went from a ~3 week EDD range down to a shorter window (and/or got your VIN), did that happen near the beginning of your EDD window prior to the change, in the middle, or near the end? Not sure that makes sense as I phrased it, but basically I'm trying to read the tea leaves on whether the time from getting VIN'd to actually taking delivery is built into that EDD window or not...
I went to a 3 week EDD, then I got a new 9 day EDD towards the middle of that range. Then the delivery center told me a couple of days later that the car was estimated to arrive at the service center on the very last day of my 9 day range. The recent changing EDDs are in my signature.

A lot of people get five day ranges, for some reason mine was longer.

I just came to the same realization on my last road trip. So, I assumed Tesla’s potential savings is based on home charging. I don’t even know what rate that they use for home charging because the rate is different from area to area. Maybe they use the lowest rate. Is this deceiving? I think yes. But this is a practice that is adopted by many industries. I’m sure you have seen sign like this in a new development area: “house up to 5000 sq ft starting from $500k”. Of course when you get the price list, the base price is for the 2000 sq ft house and the 5000 sq ft is double the price. Or in the shopping mall a sign like this: “new arrival. Sale up to 50%”. But when you enter, only the old stuff are on sale and most at 20% off with only one item at 50% off.

Original EDD 8/31-10/26, vinned 6/2 with a 6/2-6/6 window. Then pushed back everyday and it is 6/6-6/10 now.

The vast majority of charging is done not at a supercharger. And especially not at the more expensive superchargers. And for 99% of people road trips aren’t a regular occurrence. And even if it is for you then you are still paying ~50-60% less than $5 a gallon if you had a 30mpg car.
No doubt, my home charging rate is some of the cheapest power in the US at only 0.057 cents a KWh, just surprised me how much the superchargers are, as I hardly use them.

Also, by the math, if you have a 30 something mpg car, you are paying roughly the same as using the superchargers with a 40 cent + charge per KWh, as compared to $5 a gallon, not paying 50-60% less.

Last edited:
Reactions: bugnotfound
I dunno about Superchargers, but I'm on a Time of Use plan with SoCal Edison, so for me home charging (Level 2) is $0.54/kWh from 4pm to 9pm, $0.21/kWh all other times. I wonder if Superchargers are also on a similar schedule
Is there a better SCE plan available? I'm far enough south in OC to be on SDG&E and EV-TOU-5 gives me three tiers with 12am-6am being $.102 so we only charge at night.

Reactions: tierneyalvin
Love this too, but I usually like to keep the full visualization option off. then it gives me a small map on the left side of the binnacle with a nice 'above car' turn by turn, which I like.

Cray. I'm looking at my app since I'm out of town, and it says 2022.11.101.1. Looks like I'm way, way behind, and haven't gotten an update since delivery a few weeks back. But I'd rather get Beta really.
I’m in the same boat as @DelPhonic1, my delivery was May 17th, still on 2022.11.101.1

• Informative
Reactions: BonB and KidsEyeDr
Interesting, anyone notice that if you select the 20” wheels with black interior it pushes the order date to Jun 23 to Sep 23. Wonder if it’s an error in their system, as not sure why the interior/wheels would make an order time difference.

Interesting, anyone notice that if you select the 20” wheels with black interior it pushes the order date to Jun 23 to Sep 23. Wonder if it’s an error in their system, as not sure why the interior/wheels would make an order time difference.
Supply/demand. If they get a fix amount of black interior and 20" wheels per month and people are all ordering that combo, then it gets pushed back.