Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truth be told, my EDD was Oct-Jan 2023 which I was perfectly content with. My original Plaid was VIN'ed in mid April, where I had a discussion with the girlfriend and she decided for her business, 6 seats was not the configuration she wanted since she needs the storage.

The swivel screens is whatever, it's a point of discussion of course, but I am more worried about a 3 month car sitting when every body else was grabbing new June/May date cars. This is the biggest purchase we have made, and as other have stated, I have no reason to rush it. I am aware of the rates, not sure why anybody needs to feel the need to teach personal finance on a car forum, esp one where we are spending 100k + on the base models.

Hopefully the car went to someone else that was longer in line and they are happy with the car! Back in line soon enough :)
You did the right thing for all the right reasons. Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: onionboyz
This was my experience and I hope this can't be repeated to anyone else.
My wife got deliver of the Tesla X LR 5 seater FSD, delivery center was in West Palm Beach, Fl if my previous experience was less than I expected this one just top it off as the worst deliver experience ever and not because any issues with the vehicle but the way these people care "0" about customer service.
I followed all prompts in the app, just waiting to accept delivery terms which the app didn’t let me. When we arrive a customer who was waiting for his vehicle that was being maintenance, opened the door, there was no one at the front desk, I saw my wife's vehicle ready at the parking lot.
After a few minutes this lady approach to the front desk and said, "what you guys need" believe me I'm always aware of being presentable same for my wife so we didn't look like bums from the street or anything like that, to be treated that way, then I told her my name and that we have an appointment for deliver.
She proceed to look at the computer and said you must follow the app and accept deliver, I told her the app didn't let me so she went to the computer and unblocked, then she told me, "after acceptance unlock the vehicle from your app, keys and cards are there you can exit to the parking lot, good bye".
I was astonished of the rudeness of this woman without any cause, we proceeded to the parking lot, I inspected the vehicle, latest software was available, the paint presentation was ok, like all my new vehicles a touch of paint correction is always needed except for Porsche which always come impeccable, the turbine inserts weren't install and it came with the mobile charger, no swivel screen.
One lady at the parking lot offered to install the license plate which I accepted candidly and then time to drive off. This vehicle worth every penny and also the waiting is worth it, the yolk it's easy to get use to after a few minutes.
I just finished to set up the rest of the vehicle here at home, thanks for reading my wrath, now time to savor a nice scotch and relax.

IMG_9772 3.JPG

IMG_9774.JPG

Last edited:
Picked up my Model X LR 5 seater today in Colorado Springs. The experience was fabulous. The team there is great. The only visual imperfection was paint in the inseam of one FWD. Easy fix. I used the checklist and everything else was good.

Now driving home and stopped at the first Supercharger. The drive was great until I experienced the Phantom Braking. Fortunately on the open highway where no one was behind me and I’m the only one in the vehicle.

At first I thought it was an anomaly but it kept happening after the first 100 miles. I’m in sw 2022.11.01.01 and am hoping it will be fixed with an update. I saw somewhere that saw version 16.0 is a fix. I would like to use auto pilot or tacc as I travel cross country frequently.

I’ll question the guys at the service center this week for a fix. Other than that it was worth the 495 days waiting. The car is incredible.
2022.16.1.1 update fixed all my issues for now. I’ve not done any highway trips but will be this weekend so will update on if autopilot is working better now as well.

In reality, model X should be compared with a sporty 3-row SUV like GLS 63, which has 16 mpg, rather than a fuel efficient Toyota. In this case, using supercharger is still much cheaper. For people who really want the lowest cost per mile, Model X, as well as those sporty ICE SUVs, may not be the best choices, as they are not designed that way. Instead, the unique set of power, futuristic features, along with the low cost of electricity, makes Model X attractive in the market.

I think that’s the reason why lots of people still use supercharger. From a different perspective, the rate in superchargers should also be set by Tesla according to the local supply and demand, which means Tesla still sees enough users accept this high rate. Hopefully the rate will come down in the long run, to compete with the growing third-party charging networks like EA’s. But I don’t think they are trying to compete with destination chargers. It’s impossible to be cheaper than that. Therefore, these 2 rates may not be perfectly correlated.
I’ve been powering my X with my 8.19kW Solar Array.
I had 2 referrals before pick up so have some free supercharge credit.
driven over 3k mile and have not spent a dime…

This was my experience and I hope this can't be repeated to anyone else.
My wife got deliver of the Tesla X LR 5 seater FSD, delivery center was in West Palm Beach, Fl if my previous experience was less than I expected this one just top it off as the worst deliver experience ever and not because any issues with the vehicle but the way these people care "0" about customer service.
I followed all prompts in the app, just waiting to accept delivery terms which the app didn’t let me. When we arrive a customer who was waiting for his vehicle that was being maintenance, opened the door, there was no one at the front desk, I saw my wife's vehicle ready at the parking lot.
After a few minutes this lady approach to the front desk and said, "what you guys need" believe me I'm always aware of being presentable same for my wife so we didn't look like bums from the street or anything like that, to be treated that way, then I told her my name and that we have an appointment for deliver.
She proceed to look at the computer and said you must follow the app and accept deliver, I told her the app didn't let me so she went to the computer and unblocked, then she told me, "after acceptance unlock the vehicle from your app, keys and cards are there you can exit to the parking lot, good bye".
I was astonished of the rudeness of this woman without any cause, we proceeded to the parking lot, I inspected the vehicle, latest software was available, the paint presentation was ok, like all my new vehicles a touch of paint correction is always needed except for Porsche which always come impeccable, the turbine inserts weren't install and it came with the mobile charger, no swivel screen.
One lady at the parking lot offered to install the license plate which I accepted candidly and then time to drive off. This vehicle worth every penny and also the waiting is worth it, the yolk it's easy to get use to after a few minutes.
I just finished to set up the rest of the vehicle here at home, thanks for reading my wrath, now time to savor a nice scotch and relax.

View attachment 814363

View attachment 814364
Hey.. Rude is as rude does. I picked mine up in Renton, WA last Saturday. The manager was there. Gave her my package of paperwork. She knew my name. Probably checked the appointment list, but at least she did. Told me where the car was and to take as much time as I needed to check it out. The delivery guy was there and walked me through the entire process. Just wonderful! Mentioned that I went into the office afterwards and told her that I was seriously impressed with her team.

And - the car. I honestly hope that the Model X team reads these blogs. My car is an absolute joy to drive! They need to be told this. Great job!

BRAVO ZULU.

Delivery scheduled for June 26 for out MXLR Red/White 6 seat/ 20’s / FSD. One day before my order-versary. I’ll be posting pics in a couple weeks when ceramic and tint is all finished.

Also - Just want to let everyone that’s worried about their Tesla trade in quote know that not all the offers they are giving are low ball offers. I received a very fair offer which I quickly accepted. I was a little anxious waiting for the quote and had already made an appointment at car max for l this weekend fully expecting a low offer. I got an offer of 50,700 for our 2018 M3! That’s actually more than we paid for it. I know others on this forum have not been happy with the quotes but some are coming back better than expected.

Original 6 seat order here Feb ‘21. I got VIN’d 1.5 weeks ago. Delivery Saturday. But typing this makes me nervous…tempting fate
Will we though? This year they were delivering 2021’s until march/April.
Any built from Nov 2021 with an FN in the VIN are 2022 models. rarely they thry to move a 2021 that sat in the field but almost completely 2022 bw]eing delivered.