Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Florida. Got VIN last night, completely unexpected, 346xxx. LR 6, black, cream. June 24 to July 2 is the window. We shall see.

So I was planning on subscribing for FSD. If and when I get the car do I just subscribe? And then I'll get the auto lane change and NOA immediately while I wait for FSD?
Nice! When did you order? Looks like its a later VIN, so this gives me hope they start cranking out LR 6 seat orders. I have been waiting 421 days for my original 6 seat white on black LR order.

Reactions: BonB
june 21 - july 26 7 seater ordered 1/24/2021
I ordered the same day as you. I have the same exterior and interior color as you. Located in the same part of the country as you. You are 7 seat and I am 6. My delivery window starts one week after you, 6/28. It will be interesting to see who gets theirs first or if we ever get them at all, as I believe we are a couple of the oldest undelivered orders in this thread. Good luck

Last edited:
Folks living in NJ, what insurance company is giving the best rates for Tesla. I have metro mile and they don’t insure teslas. Lol
I can’t speak specifically for NJ which I know is very unique for insurance (high rates), but I shopped extensively and found Progressive to be by far the least cost. Never had a claim but if you want cheap it might be worth checking out.

Reactions: kaze
Had a 6/8-6/24 EDD. Woke up this morning to a VIN and new EDD of 6/21-6/25. Seems promising 🤞
Just recieved a text from “Sam” after getting VINned 2 days ago…. Feeling good!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi *name*, your Model X has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!

Be on the lookout for a message within the next week to schedule your delivery appointment. When you receive that message, be sure to schedule as soon as possible, as appointments fill up quickly.

Reply to this message if you need assistance.

Folks living in NJ, what insurance company is giving the best rates for Tesla. I have metro mile and they don’t insure teslas. Lol

What premiums are you guys seeing for full coverage?

I had Liberty for my old ICE car, but they quoted me $1200/6 months on the model X..... Progressive quoted me 840/6 months... and Geico came in best at 670/6 months...... I went with Geico obviously. I think the only other one I checked was All-State and they came in somewhere between Progressive and Liberty i think something like 980 IIRC.

It's a huge crapshoot when it comes to insurance tbh you basically have to get your own quotes, you won't really get any indication from others... We could live in the same neighborhood, with the same car and clean driving histories and our rates could be wildly different from provider to provider.. I think they have a wheel with rates that they spin when someone calls lol.

Last edited:
I am still scheduled for delivery in Tysons Corner, VA on Tuesday. Trade-in and adding my wife as co-owner is all done.

Now trying to finalize getting PPF and ceramic coating. Two shops in the running, both Tesla experts, both XPel products. One is Ultimate Plus PPF with Fusion Plus ceramic on top. Other is newer single product, Ultimate Fusion PPF which is a film with ceramic infused in it. A little cheaper since single product application, but wondering if anyone has any experience with the new combo product. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: honeyfist301
Just recieved a text from “Sam” after getting VINned 2 days ago…. Feeling good!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi *name*, your Model X has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!

Be on the lookout for a message within the next week to schedule your delivery appointment. When you receive that message, be sure to schedule as soon as possible, as appointments fill up quickly.

Reply to this message if you need assistance.
That the same message I got but from a different person. I texted them back today to get the info I needed to update my insurance doc and they were very helpful. Able to tell me my car is currently scheduled to arrive on Monday but they should be more certain about that date later this week. I won’t get the text to schedule appointment until then.

Reactions: kaze