Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Between the fob, the key and the phone, to me, it's overkill. The mobile charger is pretty much useless since the X batteries are so large. You have to be somewhere for a few days not moving before it really registers. Not losing charge overnight is helpful. Maybe on the 3/Y its more useful.
I recently went on a trip where my airbnb had a garage but only a standard 15A outlet. We drove ~40 miles per day in my M3 which gets 350Wh/mi due to non standard wheels (so probably worse than a refreshed MX), and the 15A was enough to recharge that range overnight. Also, I primarily used the mobile charger at home with the 50A adapter for all my regular charging for 3 years. Definitely not useless.

I recently switched to a Wall Connector at home, but the only reason i did that was so I could install two on the same circuit and use power sharing in prep for the MX for my wife.

We finally took delivery of our Long Range X Refresh. Ordered just over a year ago, Tesla delivered the car and put it in my garage while I was on vacation.
It is quite a difference with our original X. Definitely faster. Much quieter on the road and charges faster as well. Everything just seems more refined (I do miss the Alcantara on the dash).
Doing the weeklong FSD approval drives now. Lets see if this will activate. Amazing that our AP1 X seems more predictable on the freeway than this AP3 version but of course doesn't have all the other capabilities.

Love the car so far. Don't mind the Yoke too much even though I would have liked a signal stalk
Congrats! What configuration? (Exterior\interior color, seat config, wheel size, FSD or not)?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Scheduled to take delivery tomorrow of the Plaid X. It all happened so quick (2 months) so I am curious if there's anything I should look out for. I am located in the Bay Area and picking up in Seaside.
  • May 4, 2022 - original order date/deposit with EDD Aug-Oct 2022 for midnight silver/22/FSD
  • May 7 - updated order to change exterior color to solid black
  • June 25 - VIN assigned, asked to schedule delivery but I was on vacation
  • June 30 - officially unassigned first vehicle because I couldn't take delivery
  • July 2 - SA assigned new vehicle but different color (back to midnight silver) which I said was okay
  • July 5 - I called to remove FSD
  • July 8 - picking up tomorrow
I may be one of the lucky ones as my VIN seems new (NF3500?). Is there anyway to know if it will come with the tilting screen? What else should I look for? This is our first X. We've had two M3 and one MY.

Thanks!
I know it is not your fault, but man it pisses me off watching a Model X that was ordered just 2 months ago get delivered when so many of us are still waiting on orders from 14 or more months ago.

Seriously shouldn’t matter though. If they don’t have a lot of older Plaid orders then they should be making the LR orders that are piled up instead.
Shareholders would disagree with you honestly. I'm not one of them but I get it. Make the LR at a steady pace and make the Plaid at a steady pace. Also there are likely a lot less plaids so it's easier to fill those quickly.

We finally took delivery of our Long Range X Refresh. Ordered just over a year ago, Tesla delivered the car and put it in my garage while I was on vacation.
It is quite a difference with our original X. Definitely faster. Much quieter on the road and charges faster as well. Everything just seems more refined (I do miss the Alcantara on the dash).
Doing the weeklong FSD approval drives now. Lets see if this will activate. Amazing that our AP1 X seems more predictable on the freeway than this AP3 version but of course doesn't have all the other capabilities.

Love the car so far. Don't mind the Yoke too much even though I would have liked a signal stalk

Congrats! They delivered to your garage? Is that like that Amazon delivery option where you give them the codes to open your garage door and they put the package inside? ;)

Anyway what I really wanted to comment on was your comparison with AP1. This matches my observations. AP1 on my S85D seems to work substantially better than AP3/FSD on my Palladium Long Range X (especially when matching speed and/or following distance with other vehicles). AP1 has fewer features, but I have greater confidence in how it drives down the freeway.

Bruce.

Cash wired, insurance uploaded. Rec'd message via text about signature for signing temp driving permits on my behalf in next 24 hours. Will be texted to self-schedule delivery appointment as car approaches my local Tesla Center. I'm currently inside my Delivery Window - July 7-11. Been waiting for the 24 hour mark to text back asking status of signature docs... Just opened the app and I'm now two weeks later - July 16-22. Beatdown. Could have saved a couple bucks on insurance and put my $120k into some options.. Not really, but wtf. Rushing me to get things done, then hanging onto my dollars during delay.

• Informative
Reactions: jasondclinton
Our vehicles may not come with key fobs. Glad I ordered a cover for them already.

Yeah they keep taking out some small stuff here there form us. In the future, we will just pay for an SHELL of MX/S/Y/3 since we can just use the robot to do thins for us. Everyone no need to travel but still need to pay for the car. WTH?

Reactions: Elixir
Cash wired, insurance uploaded. Rec'd message via text about signature for signing temp driving permits on my behalf in next 24 hours. Will be texted to self-schedule delivery appointment as car approaches my local Tesla Center. I'm currently inside my Delivery Window - July 7-11. Been waiting for the 24 hour mark to text back asking status of signature docs... Just opened the app and I'm now two weeks later - July 16-22. Beatdown. Could have saved a couple bucks on insurance and put my $120k into some options.. Not really, but wtf. Rushing me to get things done, then hanging onto my dollars during delay.
What's your config and when did you order?

Damn, congrats. Happy for you but also annoyed with Tesla that a LR 6-seat order in Texas placed after mine is getting delivered before mine.
I've noticed that LR with 22-inch wheels have been pushed back a bit. I suspect the 22 inch wheels are going mainly to the Plaids, thus causing delays for the LR. FWIW

Anyway what I really wanted to comment on was your comparison with AP1. This matches my observations. AP1 on my S85D seems to work substantially better than AP3/FSD on my Palladium Long Range X (especially when matching speed and/or following distance with other vehicles). AP1 has fewer features, but I have greater confidence in how it drives down the freeway.

Bruce.
Just wonder if radar is more stable for AP than cameras because there is no reason that SW engineer could not improve the AP experiences except there are limitation of hardware.

Just wonder if radar is more stable for AP than cameras because there is no reason that SW engineer could not improve the AP experiences except there are limitation of hardware.
The problem with radar is that many things you do not want to hit, are invisible to it, like pedestrians, animals, plastic barrels. Radar is ok on highways, but not so good on city streets.

Certainly looks like a very fresh VIN. Do you have a build date? This is one of the first deliveries we've seen reported around here this month. When you see it, please take pictures of your headlights... a lot of folks expecting the transition to matrix headlights soon.

If they're matrix, they should look more like this... note the round "bulbs" (pic from a Model S):

View attachment 826207
Here’s picture of my headlights

9FA22DD4-51D0-4630-834C-31E6FB5B0342.jpeg
1A6D172F-F1A4-4F00-9570-690CF45B882A.jpeg