Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading the MSP/LR issues thread is scary. The one interesting thing I’ve found today is that if you get FSD and have a yoke, you can’t get beta yet regardless of your score. Some of the MS peeps have 100 scores. So keep that in mind if you’ve paid for it. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past by the time we get our MXs.

Reactions: nBar5EV1
I know right, once you see it it will change your life
Yeah I think I will call him back and change from the 5.
I guess I never understood how much nicer the 6 could actually be for my uses primarily in Real Estate. The tiny dark diagram of seating on the Tesla website is pretty useless. But after looking at lots of UTubes I am convinced.
That Luxo 6 seat setup has killer looks, is much more adjustable comfortable and spacious for people and stuff, is especially impressive when highlighted by the FWD, has better stronger HVAC system, and more popular so probably better resale later on.

Reactions: Tezhed9802
Reading the MSP/LR issues thread is scary. The one interesting thing I’ve found today is that if you get FSD and have a yoke, you can’t get beta yet regardless of your score. Some of the MS peeps have 100 scores. So keep that in mind if you’ve paid for it. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past by the time we get our MXs.
I think it has to do with using vision versus radar. I think the new X and S are still using radar and haven’t switched to vision yet. The FSD bets only works with vision.

Same. Six seat from beginning. Have not heard anything.

Me too. And, software consultant. And, second Tesla (after 3P). And, my wife won't give up/trade in the minivan, so I guess we'll still have a cargo carrier. I do wish the 6-seater captain's chairs had armrests and would fold flat or detach... but honestly I don't expect the back end of an X to have the kind of space the minivan does anyway (if you take out the seats it has 4x8' for cargo... talk about Ludicrous).

Some day Tesla will do an EV minivan, and we'll buy one... unless they take long enough that the kids are out of the house. :)

• Funny
Reactions: TWENT2
I think it has to do with using vision versus radar. I think the new X and S are still using radar and haven’t switched to vision yet. The FSD bets only works with vision.

There were reports that some of the 100 scorers with 3/Y models with radar hardware were notified FSD Beta would be using vision only... so I think the beta has the ability to just turn off or ignore the radar.

Reactions: TMXATX
I mentioned my data point in an earlier response. LR, white-white, 5 seater ordered in early June (MA). My sister ordered the exact same configuration a week later (CA). She got the call asking to replace her 5 with a 6 seater for EOY delivery. She declined. I reached out to my SA and mentioned if I was eligible for this offer. This was his response:

"So far the information provided to us is that it will only give priority to Plaid MX orders at this point as far as possible changes to configuration"

So has anyone with a 6 seat configuration get any updates/call regarding delivery? Or is it just 7/5 seaters? I have a 6 seat reservation but have heard zilch, not even a text from SA
No I have heard nothing since I ordered mid Jan. I called the SC in my town and they said they don’t have an update on date but that my car was in the build phase. I think I recall the last time I went in there they said it was in the design phase so I’m thinking that’s progress.

Anyone else dreading the yoke and touch controls? I've been teetering back and forth between cancelling because of this. Really hoping they eventually offer ability to purchase a round whee
From what I’ve read even MKBHD has gotten to the point where he wouldn’t go back to a regular steering wheel. So there’s that… 🤷🏼‍♂️
You need to read the entire Chapter 2 Sec 179 portion of this publication. Not a $25,900 purchase limit. Ask your tax guy.
Ok but this new IRS publication 946 chapter 2 rule excludes SUVs from section 179. It’s the IRS response to their realization that “oh shoot a whole bunch of small business owners have been buying Model X’s and getting a nice tax break.”

Only replying here because these tangential topics have been discussed here lol.

I’m waiting for my X still. There, justified post. 😜😆

I mentioned my data point in an earlier response. LR, white-white, 5 seater ordered in early June (MA). My sister ordered the exact same configuration a week later (CA). She got the call asking to replace her 5 with a 6 seater for EOY delivery. She declined. I reached out to my SA and mentioned if I was eligible for this offer. This was his response:

"So far the information provided to us is that it will only give priority to Plaid MX orders at this point as far as possible changes to configuration"
Definitely not true, I received a call and switched on Tuesday afternoon, I have a LR order from 10/28/20. Unfortunately, SA’s really are not very informed.