Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Key Fob is currently in stock
Thanks for the heads up just got one. My EDD did change in the middle of the first EDD window to end of this year. That is fine, was just funny to me it happened when I was in the middle of my first EDD window.
Also picked up the front mud flaps for our trips to Tahoe. I saw that new deliveries come with the 128GB USB stick now?

Reactions: Lozzy
So how did it delivery go? Did you get it? Are you happy?
Hi!

Sorry, after delivery it just got so busy.

Summary of my delivery experience:

- Found the car in the delivery lot a few days before pickup.
- Made all arrangements with trade in/financing through the app and with a little help from Tesla chat, and then I could choose my pickup date/time

- Delivery day was October 8th at 12:00. Arrived at Tesla on time and parked our trade-in (old X). Walked in and signed the final papers and they took us outside to show us the car.

- Car was filthy on the outside (pollen, dust, road grime), as was all the other cars being delivered. Classic Tesla I guess

- My wife and I (and our oldest daughter), inspected the car, and other than the filthy outside, it was perfect. All gaps where great, alignment was great. Bumper paint looked like it matched perfectly. I was floored by how solid the car felt, no creaking or squeaks (Our old 2018 X75D felt like an old rust bucket in comparison), all the material was well put together, no worm on the yoke, far beyond my expectations. This is the X they should have made in the first place.

- There was some small glue residue on the rear bumper, but they brought out some goo gone and took it right off.

First 24 hours of ownership:

- The car feels like its built on a different planet compared to our old X. It is so damn solid. The new suspension is really good, and the car is very very quiet. The doors are quieter, slamming front doors no longers makes that gnarly sound of the window panes vibrating inside the door. Its quieter on the highway and you can really tell the double paned glass is doing magic. I really like that the rear hatch is now covered in felt instead of that god awful flimsy creaky black plastic.

- The seats are very very comfortable and I like the material way better than the old X (we had white in the old and opted for black in the new). Ventilated front seats works like a dream.

- Sound system is amazing, although it feels like I need to keep it at a higher volume to get the same loudness as the old one. Perhaps the ANC is doing something there, need to check more.

- Yoke is non issue for me, I dont hate it, dont love it. Took me 5-10 min to get used to it. Great on the freeway, not so great in long 20 degree turns and roundabouts.

Minor "issues" so far:

- The FWD are extremely well aligned and tight, but there is a small rubbing on each side where the plastic cover on the rear part of the FWD touches the hump of the car. I dont think this will get worse over time, so Im not sure if I want to do something about it, as the doors are so perfectly aligned. The plastic might just have to get worne a tiny bit to stop the rubbing. There is a small rubber knob I've tried adjusting in and out to avoid the door striking to close.

- The second row seat (two seater) is kinda hard to move back and forth to get to the third row. Pushing the button to fold and slide the seat is kinda hit or miss if it just folds the seat or if it folds and unlatches the seat. When it does unlatch, it takes quite a bit of push to make it move forward. This could be by design for all I know, but I prob wont do anything about this either.

- The charge port wont always open when I push the button on our mobile charger, or at the supercharger. Its been hit or miss so far, maybe 30% of the time it actually opens, the other 70% I need to push on the charge port door to make it open. Maybe a software update will tweak this.

- Third row seats dont have isofix anymore. Not sure why, but it doesnt (old X had it)

- Third row vents hardly have any air blowing, even with front fan at full speed. Not sure what this is about, but Ive read a few posts about people taking it in and having service rip up the entire vent system and taping it to prevent leaks, but resulting in not much change. Not worth it in my opinion.

- The rest of the issues are purely software stuff, like how unusable the rear screen is with no headset connection and no controlling it from the front screen. My car does have the high pitched noise while resting, which Ive read is fixed in the next software update. But its truly a very loud whine when the car is sleeping, up to 2-3 hours after Ive parked it.

Conclusion

I love this car, its the greatest car ever made (Elon wasnt kidding when he said this on the earnings call).
Its so damn fast, and its not even the Plaid.

Sorry no pictures (theres already a billion of them now here :) )

Last edited:
Just got a VIN for Nov 21 6 seater order... Went to get an updated quote on selling my 18 X and holy crap. Car gurus was the best 3 months ago and their offer went down 23k since July. I know the market isn't what it was then but 35% less was a bit surprising. Still waiting on kbb and vroom but anybody else have other suggestions?

I just got a new estimate from Tesla after reading this, and the trade in offer from Tesla for my 2019 Model S Performance is down $42k since August when I first got one. HOLY ^&%^&%

Hi!

Sorry, after delivery it just got so busy.

Summary of my delivery experience:

- Found the car in the delivery lot a few days before pickup.
- Made all arrangements with trade in/financing through the app and with a little help from Tesla chat, and then I could choose my pickup date/time

- Delivery day was October 8th at 12:00. Arrived at Tesla on time and parked our trade-in (old X). Walked in and signed the final papers and they took us outside to show us the car.

- Car was filthy on the outside (pollen, dust, road grime), as was all the other cars being delivered. Classic Tesla I guess

- My wife and I (and our oldest daughter), inspected the car, and other than the filthy outside, it was perfect. All gaps where great, alignment was great. Bumper paint looked like it matched perfectly. I was floored by how solid the car felt, no creaking or squeaks (Our old 2018 X75D felt like an old rust bucket in comparison), all the material was well put together, no worm on the yoke, far beyond my expectations. This is the X they should have made in the first place.

- There was some small glue residue on the rear bumper, but they brought out some goo gone and took it right off.

First 24 hours of ownership:

- The car feels like its built on a different planet compared to our old X. It is so damn solid. The new suspension is really good, and the car is very very quiet. The doors are quieter, slamming front doors no longers makes that gnarly sound of the window panes vibrating inside the door. Its quieter on the highway and you can really tell the double paned glass is doing magic. I really like that the rear hatch is now covered in felt instead of that god awful flimsy creaky black plastic.

- The seats are very very comfortable and I like the material way better than the old X (we had white in the old and opted for black in the new). Ventilated front seats works like a dream.

- Sound system is amazing, although it feels like I need to keep it at a higher volume to get the same loudness as the old one. Perhaps the ANC is doing something there, need to check more.

- Yoke is non issue for me, I dont hate it, dont love it. Took me 5-10 min to get used to it. Great on the freeway, not so great in long 20 degree turns and roundabouts.

Minor "issues" so far:

- The FWD are extremely well aligned and tight, but there is a small rubbing on each side where the plastic cover on the rear part of the FWD touches the hump of the car. I dont think this will get worse over time, so Im not sure if I want to do something about it, as the doors are so perfectly aligned. The plastic might just have to get worne a tiny bit to stop the rubbing. There is a small rubber knob I've tried adjusting in and out to avoid the door striking to close.

- The second row seat (two seater) is kinda hard to move back and forth to get to the third row. Pushing the button to fold and slide the seat is kinda hit or miss if it just folds the seat or if it folds and unlatches the seat. When it does unlatch, it takes quite a bit of push to make it move forward. This could be by design for all I know, but I prob wont do anything about this either.

- The charge port wont always open when I push the button on our mobile charger, or at the supercharger. Its been hit or miss so far, maybe 30% of the time it actually opens, the other 70% I need to push on the charge port door to make it open. Maybe a software update will tweak this.

- Third row seats dont have isofix anymore. Not sure why, but it doesnt (old X had it)

- Third row vents hardly have any air blowing, even with front fan at full speed. Not sure what this is about, but Ive read a few posts about people taking it in and having service rip up the entire vent system and taping it to prevent leaks, but resulting in not much change. Not worth it in my opinion.

- The rest of the issues are purely software stuff, like how unusable the rear screen is with no headset connection and no controlling it from the front screen. My car does have the high pitched noise while resting, which Ive read is fixed in the next software update. But its truly a very loud whine when the car is sleeping, up to 2-3 hours after Ive parked it.

Conclusion

I love this car, its the greatest car ever made (Elon wasnt kidding when he said this on the earnings call).
Its so damn fast, and its not even the Plaid.

Sorry no pictures (theres already a billion of them now here :) )
Thank you for the detailed update. It makes me more excited about the car.

I just got a new estimate from Tesla after reading this, and the trade in offer from Tesla for my 2019 Model S Performance is down $42k since August when I first got one. HOLY ^&%^&%
Well you made me feel better about only losing 23k.

Does anyone know if trade in offers are good past purchase? Tesla is highest right now but I might want to just sit on it for a couple weeks.

Just got the following email from Tesla. Does it mean anything in terms of the car getting delivered soon?

Based on the delivery date of your Model X, you will receive a Tesla Shop promo code closer to your delivery date that you can redeem for Tesla Mobile Connector or put toward the purchase of Tesla Wall Connector. Your vehicle comes standard with a J1772 Adapter that is compatible with third-party charging stations.

Me too!!!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221028-100747_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221028-100747_Outlook.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 128
As a follow up for me, Tesla started reaching out through email and text 2 days ago about getting a vin and preparing for delivery. I was also able to schedule a delivery date of November 7 at 11am which works great with my schedule. I lined up insurance and Teslas trade in offer for our Lexus LX570 was the best I’ve received so far, so will go with that and get the tax savings on the trade.

Reactions: thomslik