Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Any issues of note on pickup? I think might might be a week older than yours.
I'm going to split my response in two parts here.

Vehicle: No panel gaps, paint good (Midnight Silver Metalic), fittings etc. Looks like a lot of the quality control issues have been sorted out on the assembly line. However, there are three issues I found that are hopefully being resolved with a service appointment. The passenger window has a scratch that needs to be corrected and rear left taillight has scratches (to be replaced). The third issue was a rubber seal on the roof for the falcon door. There is a piece sticking up a little higher than should be. They say it's extra rubber that was not cutoff (trimmed) properly but is not an issue. We shall see!
Overall, though... it seems to be a well-built car with a premium feel.

Delivery Experience: I ordered the vehicle online and throughout the whole ordering experience never had a SA that I know of. Arrived for my appointment and went straight to the vehicle. Vehicle was not washed and still had some stickers on the rear. Spent some time looking it over... and not a single person greeted me or walked over. No key cards in the vehicle, so I eventually walked inside. There were two people having a conversation at a desk that asked me what I was looking for. Told them I was picking up a vehicle and they directed me to another desk to sign paperwork. Finished with the paperwork and then was told to wait for a sales associate to come outside with key cards.
It just felt like a very generic experience and there was certainly nothing premium about it. Over $100K purchase and nobody had time to even greet me or offer me water on a VERY hot day etc. My previous vehicles, last being a BMW M5, have been completely different experiences. While I appreciate the streamlined ordering process and the simplicity of it all... It definitely lacks on experience at delivery.

The vehicle itself is ultimately the important part and if they address these minor issues in the coming weeks... All will be good.

Reactions: lsds
IMG_2811.jpeg
IMG_2812.jpeg

Check this out. One on the top is manual which I downloaded on Oct 2021 and the bottom one just took the screenshot now. See the headlight. Manual has been already changed!

View attachment 944892View attachment 944893
Check this out. One on the top is manual which I downloaded on Oct 2021 and the bottom one just took the screenshot now. See the headlight. Manual has been already changed!
Interesting. Yeah, mine definitely has the first pics lights. The latest pic is not updated on the rear pic. The Tesla badge has been removed on the latest.

Reactions: maytaurustiger