Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if anyone has been blank since order? I was waiting on my X since November 2020, and the day after the refresh announcement I called Tesla and the updated my order to the refresh. Since then it has been blank, and still remains blank. I'm just curious as it seems everyone here has had fluctuating dates appear.

I find it hard to believe that Tesla would not deliver 5/7 seaters for the remainder of the year. I also do not understand their policy to not allow you to change your color and or configuration long before delivery. This is the most customer unfriendly and stupid policy I have ever heard of. IF someone wants to upgrade to a more expensive paint, interior color, seat configuration, or wheels…….why the hell wouldn’t you let them? More money for Tesla? Idiotic IMO. This just shows how far Tesla has to go on customer service and just good business practices. If I was still a shareholder, I would be furious about this policy.
I am a shareholder AND a (hopefully soon) first time customer and as a shareholder, I don't care. This startup company that I invested in is changing the face of business just like Amazon did, just like Apple did. As an investor, I care more about innovation. I know that I bought stock in a company that is 'rough around the edges.'

But... As a customer, I think that it's garbage. I hold on to the idea that it's for tracking and inventory and blah blah blah, but I think that it's a stupid policy.

So, here I sit, wearing two hats. Waiting for my MX and applauding the Gigafest. Refreshing this forum, and laughing at GM's half-a$$ attempt at electric. It's a strange space to occupy, for sure. Be well fellow waiter, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Will try calling again tomorrow to see what it says. Especially since today my order went from blank to January to February. So confusing. View attachment 722803

I went from September to blank and still blank.
0C1C2465-A6A9-451C-8AF6-8F04AF96357D.jpeg

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
forgot to mention that the program manager there told me there are hundreds of LR in the factory. They went with LR first because plaid still needs a minor tweak.

I am not sure how the logistic works either. The program manager seems surprised when I told him I ordered in Feb as well. I can only guess it’s a combination of location and configuration.

Had a a lot of fun and getting used to. It’s our first Tesla so still exploring. One thing I found it annoyed is that you can’t seem to turn off the front passenger side ac if both driver and passenger are in ( my wife does not like ac blowing to her) but Tesla folks said there will be software fix

It makes me irrationally happy that one of the first post-refresh Model X delivered went to a first-time owner, and someone who is not (AFAIK) a social media influencer, insider, or other kind of VIP. 😁 Congratulations!

Bruce.

I am a shareholder AND a (hopefully soon) first time customer and as a shareholder, I don't care. This startup company that I invested in is changing the face of business just like Amazon did, just like Apple did. As an investor, I care more about innovation. I know that I bought stock in a company that is 'rough around the edges.'

But... As a customer, I think that it's garbage. I hold on to the idea that it's for tracking and inventory and blah blah blah, but I think that it's a stupid policy.

So, here I sit, wearing two hats. Waiting for my MX and applauding the Gigafest. Refreshing this forum, and laughing at GM's half-a$$ attempt at electric. It's a strange space to occupy, for sure. Be well fellow waiter, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Tesla was more of a start up in 2014 when I got my first S. It was great and I thought they had changed the car industry for the better. Now they’re a large company operating on three continents with the richest man in the world at the helm.
There is no excuse for the lack of communication, build quality, and poor service. Tesla is now just another car company that happens to build EVs.

forgot to mention that the program manager there told me there are hundreds of LR in the factory. They went with LR first because plaid still needs a minor tweak.

I am not sure how the logistic works either. The program manager seems surprised when I told him I ordered in Feb as well. I can only guess it’s a combination of location and configuration.

Had a a lot of fun and getting used to. It’s our first Tesla so still exploring. One thing I found it annoyed is that you can’t seem to turn off the front passenger side ac if both driver and passenger are in ( my wife does not like ac blowing to her) but Tesla folks said there will be software fix
I wonder why non of us are getting Vins?

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
It makes me irrationally happy that one of the first post-refresh Model X delivered went to a first-time owner, and someone who is not (AFAIK) a social media influencer, insider, or other kind of VIP. 😁 Congratulations!

Bruce.
I get being happy that one of the firsts went to someone who’s not an influencer or insider, but why would you be happy that it went to a first-time owner, and particularly someone who ordered in February? Would it not make sense for Tesla to prioritize their past loyal owners? Particularly pisses me off that people who ordered later are getting cars before those who ordered on the day of announcement (or even earlier).

Tesla was more of a start up in 2014 when I got my first S. It was great and I thought they had changed the car industry for the better. Now they’re a large company operating on three continents with the richest man in the world at the helm.
There is no excuse for the lack of communication, build quality, and poor service. Tesla is now just another car company that happens to build EVs.
The excuse is that they are terrible at communicating... And yet,they are sold out world wide for the next 6+ months. We are not purchasing great service... Or good communication... We are buying the best car on the planet. It's annoying. Until it's amazing.
Be well.
Funny thing... We quote that So Frequently, that I never considered it a hidden reference! 😂 "...I was WAY off!"

So I just figured out how to get someone on the phone at Tesla cooperate that can check the back end of your order and tell you if you have a vin assignment ETA/Buld order in planning. So call 888-518-3752 and press 1 then 2 then wait for it to ask you the reason you are calling and say "New Delivery" after that it will ask you for a zip code, use Fremont factor zip which is 94538 then you will be connected to someone.

If no one answers try calling back later, sometimes the line can be busy.

Sorry about the calling confusion yesterday, finally narrowed down how to get someone on the line :)
THANK YOU! I'm Just replying so that this stays in view for more people.