Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the same boat 2 years ago. Picked mine up on 12/20/19. A lot of phone calls before then. They had given me a VIN got my loan and then the car they produced with that VIN was the wrong car - had the high cost optional 22" wheels that I did not want. So I had to wait to build the correct car. They would not correct the fact that "my" car was built wrong. A lot of unnecessary anxiety.
I would have just taken the car rather than risk not getting it before the new year.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Our December 2020 six seater order was updated to January 2022 EDD this morning.

For those who "got the call" about switching to six seaters, do you all have a January EDD as well, even after they said you would get delivery by the end of 2021?

We're going to be disappointed if those who ordered 10 months after we did end up taking delivery before us.
I'm pretty sure that's just a place holder... you cannot really go by EDD until you see a specific date range.. i.e. December 12 - December 20..... So people aren't really going to get anywhere with reps asking this question.... the EDD has fluctuated between different months for a lot of people, it means nothing.... Just wait patiently till next month when Tesla starts updating with real EDD's that include date ranges.

I'm pretty sure that's just a place holder... you cannot really go by EDD until you see a specific date range.. i.e. December 12 - December 20..... So people aren't really going to get anywhere with reps asking this question.... the EDD has fluctuated between different months for a lot of people, it means nothing.... Just wait patiently till next month when Tesla starts updating with real EDD's that include date ranges.
It’s hard to wait patiently when they do this stuff lol. I was waiting patient before today 😂

Ordered Jan 23 and had Sept EDD then blank since Sept. White exterior/black INT/6seat/LR/no FSD/20”. I was thinking all pre-refresh orders were going to be blank but just checked mine and it says Jan now.

301BC4FA-862C-4388-B288-9B25E5B3E67D.jpeg
I honestly think most of us (even 6 seaters) are toast for January and heres why. Prettyy sure we’ve all seen the leaked tesla email. They specifically mention we would see more detailed January dates starting November (read the bottom) its no coincidence that we get an estimation of January while them having said that

Ordered 1/27: White Ext | Black Int | 6 Seats | 22" Wheels (original order, no call needed) - Still showing blank. It switched to January for me a few weeks ago but lasted a few days and it went back to blank. Pretty sure everyone will see the same happen in 24-48 hours.