Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random insight for anyone on the fence about ordering FSD. I have had the beta for a little while now and done a good amount of testing with it and it is no where and I mean no where near ready.. you can’t even begin to imagine how dangerous it is.. if your not keeping the car for 5-10 years i wouldn’t even consider paying for FSD because its easily that far from being ready
I ordered FSD but don't plan to use it other than for the parking features until the software catches up to Elon's ambitions. "Is so, why order it now?" To get it out of the way and lock in the $10k price. "Say what?" Look, the price for FSD has only headed north since 2017. It isn't going to come down. I've seen predictions Tesla will raise the price to $14k once the final version is released. FSD will be useful to have once the bugs are eliminated, but it ain't ready for prime time. For the reason you cite, I have zero interest in applying to the Beta program. I'll wait. I do disagree it will take another 5 years, think it will be sooner.

I also don't plan to rent out my X as a robo-taxi like Tony Seba and Elon predict most will. Maybe they're dead on in their prediction, but no way I'm joining that particular herd. The prospect of cleaning up puke after my X has picked up a bunch of drunks at a bar is not appealing, especially when you consider how much these cars cost. Someone mentioned I could limit roboting it out to friends only. Not worth the trouble.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
This is very weird. Also, I share in your weirdness. I have model year 2010, 2014, and 2018 cars. I almost never set the AC in my house or cars to odd numbers. 72 or 70 is fine, 71 not so much. Same with the TV volume. My wife will set the TV volume to random numbers like 53.5. Probably raised by wolves.
TV volume and/or receiver volume should NEVER be on .5 settings. My wife and kids to the same and I hate them for it.

It is either a whole number (preferably divisible by 2) or it just goes on mute. not this '43.5' nonsense

Ontopic: I still have a blank EDD. My hopes are still for early june/july (given that I ordered on the 14th of Oct '21 AND I am in Europe) but it could be anything at this point. Yet I keep on refreshing at least once a day so see something, ANYTHING!

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
There was a post earlier this year speculating that Tesla would be prioritizing all-cash deals over those who are leasing or have trade-ins. I assume a reason for doing this is that Tesla would be able to recognize (book) all the revenue when the car is delivered, thus positively impacting the current quarter's revenue numbers.

I wonder if this is the reason that some with early reservation dates are showing January 2022 EDD?

This is false. Tesla does not care where the money comes from. They get the revenue right away regardless… whether it comes from the buyers personal bank account or the lending bank it’s all the same to them.

There was a post earlier this year speculating that Tesla would be prioritizing all-cash deals over those who are leasing or have trade-ins. I assume a reason for doing this is that Tesla would be able to recognize (book) all the revenue when the car is delivered, thus positively impacting the current quarter's revenue numbers.

I wonder if this is the reason that some with early reservation dates are showing January 2022 EDD?
If you don’t finance through tesla how is cash any different than a loan? The loan company is writing them a check for the loan amount and you’re providing the rest as down payment. It’s the same outcome from teslas perspective.

I ordered FSD but don't plan to use it other than for the parking features until the software catches up to Elon's ambitions. "Is so, why order it now?" To get it out of the way and lock in the $10k price. "Say what?" Look, the price for FSD has only headed north since 2017. It isn't going to come down. I've seen predictions Tesla will raise the price to $14k once the final version is released. FSD will be useful to have once the bugs are eliminated, but it ain't ready for prime time. For the reason you cite, I have zero interest in applying to the Beta program. I'll wait. I do disagree it will take another 5 years, think it will be sooner.

I also don't plan to rent out my X as a robo-taxi like Tony Seba and Elon predict most will. Maybe they're dead on in their prediction, but no way I'm joining that particular herd. The prospect of cleaning up puke after my X has picked up a bunch of drunks at a bar is not appealing, especially when you consider how much these cars cost. Someone mentioned I could limit roboting it out to friends only. Not worth the trouble.
I ordered for 2 reasons. One, what you said. The price is only going up.

But also for automatic lane changes and the other things it does now. I hate that earlier AP/EAP versions had the ability to change lanes using just the signal and that they took that away and moved it to FSD. Total BS. But they know they can. Is it worth $10k for that? No, not really. I know I’m overpaying for it. What’s another $10k on top of $110k huh. Might as well get it all.