Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard from Tesla for the first time since December. I order a white 5 seat MX on November 30 for a December delivery and haven't heard any update until today. They offered me the $2000 discount on the refresh and told me that the delivery time was January but since I was at the top of the list, I could possibly get one in October. My updated configuration shows a yoke steering wheel.

Heard from my Tesla gallery advisor that they are putting buyers who have completed the insurance and financing steps of the profile “put into the queue” to not delay delivery. And if there is a trade valuation pending, that can be done later. So perhaps VINs soon??? Feb 9 LR 5 Red/Cream FSD

Reactions: stkgator
Heard from my Tesla gallery advisor that they are putting buyers who have completed the insurance and financing steps of the profile “put into the queue” to not delay delivery. And if there is a trade valuation pending, that can be done later. So perhaps VINs soon??? Feb 9 LR 5 Red/Cream FSD

If you put in financing now and apply for a loan and get approved, that approval will only be good for 60-90 days. So unless the X is ready before then, you will have to re-apply and take another credit ding once they actually start delivering.

Reactions: Elixir and travwill
I've confirmed that this is not correct as a lot of states require a VIN before the insurance company issues a policy. So for those of you in such states, do not worry. You're not being skipped over.

Since I am now waiting until January, any thoughts on just ordering a Model Y at the end of the year with the hope that it is made in Giga Austin with the single cast and 4680 batteries? I realize there is a question as to whether the factory will be ready, whether it will be producing the single casts and whether the 4680s will be in those Ys and I can get a 7-seater. We do live in TX for what that's worth. However, assuming all of that to be true, thoughts?

Since I am now waiting until January, any thoughts on just ordering a Model Y at the end of the year with the hope that it is made in Giga Austin with the single cast and 4680 batteries? I realize there is a question as to whether the factory will be ready, whether it will be producing the single casts and whether the 4680s will be in those Ys and I can get a 7-seater. We do live in TX for what that's worth. However, assuming all of that to be true, thoughts?
I'm all for shopping local but why the huge focus on it being built in Giga Austin? It's a car, buy it if it's the right car for you.

So, hedging on one vehicle delivery for another with no current production ongoing for one vs still building a factory for the other - to help stabilize the rationale?

Reactions: jkhanesq
and Panasonic head guy isn’t all that thrilled about the 4680s—prone to overheating, fire etc. I thought of Y vs. the new X a lot as well.
I was wondering about the size of the cell and how thermal conditioning would be affected. Nice idea for packaging in a way for rigidity, but I would think it would be better as a flat pack for thermal transfer efficiency that also allows for better coolant flow.