Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else see this when they logged in to check their order status. I noticed a lot of S orders had this according to their thread. Maybe this where my X is in the production process, lol.

View attachment 664484
Haha, mine looks the same right now. When you click yours, do you get any dates? Mine just shows a white page, no content.

ordered 11/2020: MX LR, blue / cream, 5 seats, 20", no AP
DD before refresh: "02-03/2021"
DD refreshed model X: "-"

I spoke to Tesla today regarding X delivery and she said Jan 2022 is the current estimate. Not what I wanted to hear. Model S is June this year. I placed my order for X on 12/31 then changed to plaid when the refresh was announced. Funny part was she said customer demand was reason for change in delivery times lol but seems like there is no X production going on atm. She also acknowledged the website was having issues and said should be resolved in a day or 2.

The site is definitely having some issues. Apparently for the price of the Model X refresh I ordered in white, that had a November date that changed to January... now shows a Model 3 with no date ;-)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 8.17.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 8.17.41 PM.png
    922.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Funny
Reactions: Kaos_X
On Thursday Tesla Las Vegas called me and said my original Long Range Plus order had yet to be converted to the refresh model. I said I know. He told me folks that ordered Oct-April will see the X's Sept to Dec this year. Notable about Las Vegas calling is that I live in Florida and Las Vegas managed the national rollout and VIN emails of Model 3's initially.

Ordered my LR X on 1/24. Never had a rep call me. Never got an email. Had to drive down to the delivery center myself to update my order to the refreshed model. That was the first week of February. No one has contacted me since. My order delivery date online still shows “-“. I’m amazed how bad their communication has gotten. I am an early Model S buyer (early 2013) and even back in those days when they were just setting up a few of their first service centers, and only had one supercharger at the design center, their communication was leagues better than it is now. I’m really stunned how bad it has gotten. As many people have said, the competition is coming full speed. Tesla needs to really pick up their game or they will become just a niche car maker. I’m rooting for them though.

Weird it's not letting me edit: Further, if the Fords of the world ever catch up to sorta-parity, and on some vehicles they're already there (MachE for instance) or have a superior product (Bolt is a better cheap EV for a lot of people than Model 3) - Tesla's you want it so we don't have to care if you're mad attitude will bite them in the ass eventually.

The inherent packaging efficiency that allows a 7-seater to sit in a midsize wagon's footprint (for X anyway), the never visiting a gas station, the ease of use, preheating in the garage with no fumes in the dead of winter...that's what EV's do that ICE cars can't. ICE cars have been fast for a long time, it's just that only weirdos bought the fast ones. Now instant torque is available to all for a reasonable price and the hoon inside all of us is excited about it. Tesla doesn't have a monopoly on that. They have a 10 year head start and no sign of giving up their advantage, but...they're coming
And don’t forget the fabulous Tesla advantage of cameras vs LIDAR - and especially the constant build of an AI Self driving database from those cameras from THE FLEET in changing conditions, seasons, construction, re routes. No one else has figured that out. That’s Tesla’s secret weapon.
Tesla cars contribute to the database, help make corrections, and learn month after month. They are not following outdated maps of limited super highways or GPS alone.

Ordered my LR X on 1/24. Never had a rep call me. Never got an email. Had to drive down to the delivery center myself to update my order to the refreshed model. That was the first week of February. No one has contacted me since. My order delivery date online still shows “-“. I’m amazed how bad their communication has gotten. I am an early Model S buyer (early 2013) and even back in those days when they were just setting up a few of their first service centers, and only had one supercharger at the design center, their communication was leagues better than it is now. I’m really stunned how bad it has gotten. As many people have said, the competition is coming full speed. Tesla needs to really pick up their game or they will become just a niche car maker. I’m rooting for them though.

The difference between back then and today is the fact that they are public. I really think they are hiding some information to keep the stock from further crashing. I truly believe Q2 this year will be terrible. However, Q3 is looking bright assuming they get their "issue fixed".

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Uncle Elon doesn’t really care about investor perception. Remember, he’s the one who spent a good amount of 2019 and 2020 saying the stock was overpriced.

As for when I get my X, at this point, I don’t really care. I have my 2016 wary VIN X P90D to “slum” with and as someone who bought an S in early 2013) like another poster above), I am not at all surprised by the delays. Honestly, when I ordered at refresh announcement, I expect a 12 month wait. That’s just Tesla.

And the X is super expensive compared to the S for what you get.

Reactions: Kaos_X and TallBill
My Account still shows as January and my SA said he will let me know if and when that changes. Don’t think they have solid facts on these deliveries yet.

Even further - I get the impression that the car isn't even ready for production yet. So current dates are essentially just placeholder swag. It ships when it's ready.

Of course, it's shocking behavior from a customer interaction perspective but ...tesla things... :rolleyes:

Reactions: TallBill