Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Fulkth,

Congratulations and I can tell you’re enjoying your car. You have been beyond helpful to many so I have a favor to ask. Do you mind measuring the distance from the floor to the ceiling when in the middle of the 2nd row and also the distance from the floor to the ceiling when just in front of either of the captains chairs? I’m guessing they have different measurements due to the FWD and the glass. Thanks!
Do you work for weathertech - and you’re trying to get the floor mats up on your website?

27B50B0E-F65F-4D15-93CC-F00D87748DE2.jpeg

I could swear the wording updated under January. Anyone else think so? The VIN assigned wording wasn’t there yesterday.

Very interesting.

Looks like the X cargo area is almost too short unless I extend the neck between the captains chairs and prop up the body in the cargo area to avoid the center console and putting weight on the neck.
The question is, do you want all the features that the X has, or is the Y everything you need? You certainly could fit the instrument in a 6 seat X.

You would want to prop up the neck with a pillow (or 2) which would also serve as a shock absorber. It actually would end up being better protected this way and would not at all put stress on the instrument. (I'm a musician as well, so I understand your concerns.) From everything I can see from the measurements and configuration, your double bass would fit in an X without any issue.

Reactions: TallBill and Fulkth
....which nobody but a bunch of nerds on the internet understands
3 years down the road, KBB, Carmax, independent dealers, and the general public will value a later model year higher than a previous year given all other things equal.

Look at what the 2021 Model X's from late 2020/early 2021 (pre refresh) are getting vs late 2020 Model X's with same 371 miles range. About $20K more.

• Love
Reactions: TWENT2 and jboy210
3 years down the road, KBB, Carmax, independent dealers, and the general public will value a later model year higher than a previous year given all other things equal.

Look at what the 2021 Model X's from late 2020/early 2021 (pre refresh) are getting vs late 2020 Model X's with same 371 miles range. About $20K more.
100%.

That being said, I would take a 2021 Plaid VIN right now in a heart beat.

Reactions: TWENT2

And the smart buyers (nerds) will know that they can get the same car for $20,000 less by buying the 2020 model year.

Reactions: KyleDay and Hebert