Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#Fulkth - do you think you are able to verify if the current X All weather mats will fit in your refreshed X?
Comparing pictures online to mine, I THINK the 6 seat rear might fit, but without exact measurements I can't tell. It also looks like the trunk mats should fit, but the frunk definitely does not. I also think the front row ones may not fit, they've changed the sloping and layout a bit with redoing the dash. Again hard to tell without exact measurements or real life mats to test them out with. Maybe I can see if a tesla center has one for me to try out when I take it in for my horrible autopilot speaker vibration issue.

Reactions: Zygote1975
I live near you and I suggest you get the charger and get an electrician to install it ASAP. The availability of the wall charger (actually an AC connector) may vary widely, and these days Electricians are tied up for months. Then there are city permit issues assuming you need to or want to permit the install, which I recommend.
Sounds good. I will order and then schedule an appointment. thank you!

Reactions: jboy210
Did anyone of you guys already got the charger installed at home? Since there is no correct estimation on the delivery, is it worth doing it now or wait until the VIN is assigned? Mine is still showing January.
I ordered my MX LR in May, and had two wall connectors installed in August. I have been using one for my MY LR (ordered May, delivered June), and the other is waiting patiently for the X!

Hah that may be hard. I live in the dry, sandy land of abundant sunshine.. and what is this sky water you speak of?
Your pictures look like you live in the Eastern CA desert areas. I remember my years living out there. So dry you were never sweaty because it evaporated instantaneously. We used to run on 110 degree days at lunch and come back dry.

Reactions: Fulkth
Your pictures look like you live in the Eastern CA desert areas. I remember my years living out there. So dry you were never sweaty because it evaporated instantaneously. We used to run on 110 degree days at lunch and come back dry.
Yep, it actually makes it easy to get dehydrated if you aren't paying attention. I've lived mostly in the midwest and Florida, so you KNOW when you are sweating. On a high 80s day out here in eastern California you don't even notice how much you are sweating.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Yep, it actually makes it easy to get dehydrated if you aren't paying attention. I've lived mostly in the midwest and Florida, so you KNOW when you are sweating. On a high 80s day out here in eastern California you don't even notice how much you are sweating.
Agree. Being born and raised in California I never knew it rained in the summer until we moved to East Coast. After 7 years of hot summers and high humidity, we moved back to California.

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1
I ordered my MX LR in May, and had two wall connectors installed in August. I have been using one for my MY LR (ordered May, delivered June), and the other is waiting patiently for the X!
Nice. Thank you. This is my first Tesla so wasn't sure. I have ordered one(Charger) today, not sure about the delivery date. Since I am in the bay area, hopeful of receiving it early. Do you know the cost of installation?

For the ones who have a wall charger installed and are waiting for your X; my SA told me months ago that though I can technically purchase it, the wall charger can only be installed/activated once VIN is actually assigned and not before. How does this work then?

For the ones who have a wall charger installed and are waiting for your X; my SA told me months ago that though I can technically purchase it, the wall charger can only be installed/activated once VIN is actually assigned and not before. How does this work then?
The wall charger (it's actually not a charger as that is built into the car) has nothing to do with your car. Think of it as an adapter that converts the connection to your home electricity into the Tesla plug. You can install it before you get your car and the VIN has no impact. Yet another example of being able to ignore something an SA says.

The wall charger (it's actually not a charger as that is built into the car) has nothing to do with your car. Think of it as an adapter that converts the connection to your home electricity into the Tesla plug. You can install it before you get your car and the VIN has no impact. Yet another example of being able to ignore something an SA says.
Yeah I wonder if they were confusing it for some of the various tax credits and rebates. I have the charger but when I went to fill out one of the So Cal rebates, it requires my EV VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
Did anyone of you guys already got the charger installed at home? Since there is no correct estimation on the delivery, is it worth doing it now or wait until the VIN is assigned? Mine is still showing January.
Do it before you get the VIN. It could be very quick between VIN and delivery. And depending on your area and installer you may need a permit.

Reactions: John in LB