Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought one about a year ago. It was really good for about 4 months and then stopped closing completely.
It was so good initially that it seemed ridiculous that Tesla didn’t make them OEM.
But I haven’t used my frunk at all since it stopped working. The installer said the motor was too weak and
an improved later model would be better. Any issues with yours?
It was a 3 week-long technical challenge for me to install. Part of the process included them sending me a more powerful motor and upgrade software. The install was completed at end of July and has been reliable since. Plan to install another one on my 2022 X.

It took quite some tinkering to get it just right... It would be to your benefit to contact them and fix it yourself.

Just noticed. If you order a Model X now, the EDD would be November 2022, whether it be with the 20" or 22" wheels as long as the exterior color choice is not Pearl White (the free color). If you really want the Pearl White, you would have to upgrade the wheels to keep it at November 2022. Otherwise, it extends out to March 2023 EDD.

The danger to Tesla of not engaging with its customers is both over-stated and under-stated. It’s easy for those of us on this forum to get very angry and frustrated at Tesla’s woeful lack of communication, but the reality is that once we actually take delivery we will be in love again. We are like abused spouses: even if it doesn’t seem logical, and even if we threaten otherwise, we stay. The danger is down the road, when car companies who understand that buying a car is more an emotional experience than a technical one, will start making real inroads into Tesla’s market share. There is a reason that ads for cars are all about lifestyle and not so much about cars. If Tesla recognizes that sooner than later, it will dramatically shift its top-down leadership to emphasize customer engagement. If it doesn’t, as competition surfaces Tesla’s inevitable significant loss of market share and share price will force it to eventually do so. We are all now justifiably frustrated that not only we customers, but indeed most of Tesla’s employees receive almost no communication from senior management (other than “work work work it’s the end of the quarter!”), and we have the foresight (that Tesla does not) that it would be good to at least in a small way start practising some engagement and communication skills, but the reality is that Elon is blind to the importance of interaction and engagement with customers, his otherwise total genius more than makes up for that for now, but it cannot last forever.

The danger to Tesla of not engaging with its customers is both over-stated and under-stated. It’s easy for those of us on this forum to get very angry and frustrated at Tesla’s woeful lack of communication, but the reality is that once we actually take delivery we will be in love again. We are like abused spouses: even if it doesn’t seem logical, and even if we threaten otherwise, we stay. The danger is down the road, when car companies who understand that buying a car is more an emotional experience than a technical one, will start making real inroads into Tesla’s market share. There is a reason that ads for cars are all about lifestyle and not so much about cars. If Tesla recognizes that sooner than later, it will dramatically shift its top-down leadership to emphasize customer engagement. If it doesn’t, as competition surfaces Tesla’s inevitable significant loss of market share and share price will force it to eventually do so. We are all now justifiably frustrated that not only we customers, but indeed most of Tesla’s employees receive almost no communication from senior management (other than “work work work it’s the end of the quarter!”), and we have the foresight (that Tesla does not) that it would be good to at least in a small way start practising some engagement and communication skills, but the reality is that Elon is blind to the importance of interaction and engagement with customers, his otherwise total genius more than makes up for that for now, but it cannot last forever.
Well said. I can't get a clear answer on my X and had a horrible time getting straight answers with my solar/Powerwall install.

And the smart buyers (nerds) will know that they can get the same car for $20,000 less by buying the 2020 model year.
The nerds will email sellers asking for a photo of the sticker in the right front wheel well and a photo of the jamb sticker with the born-on date

*wafts* mmm yes this one has a bouquet of september in fremont with a hint of electric oil pump, and finishes with notes of h-pack

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 1.06.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 1.06.59 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 173
Just noticed. If you order a Model X now, the EDD would be November 2022, whether it be with the 20" or 22" wheels as long as the exterior color choice is not Pearl White (the free color). If you really want the Pearl White, you would have to upgrade the wheels to keep it at November 2022. Otherwise, it extends out to March 2023 EDD.
The Model Y is has been 2023 for a while. Hopefully, GigaAustin will come online soon and help with that and free up workers to build the Model X and S in Fremont.

And Space X should start launching flights to get electronic components from Asia to the US in a couple of hours.

My delivery paragraph changed again (EDD is still Jan): Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.
Mine change to that a week or so ago. I don't think it means anything. Until you get a VIN assigned you have nothing.

This is our third Tesla, and they build cars when they have the parts and personnel. Reservation numbers/places don't matter much. If they are building the config you ordered you can get it months ahead of someone that ordered months before you.