Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As one more follow-up, as I prep for delivery, I have been doing all sorts of work in my detached garage. We have a separate attached garage and this other garage has been for bikes, tractors, lawn equipment, Pool stuff, etc. I have slowly been getting rid of everything and have now started to refer to this garage as "The Nursery" :)

I have not yet posted enough to have a sig line (you need 6 posts), but I am a June 4 order. Black with Cream interior and 6 seats (with FSD).
Come to papa!

Yikes. I’ve been seeing a lot of excellent alignment in recent pics so this one is leaving me feeling like this fella…
1638244852929.jpeg

I’m really excited seeing all the VINners from my cohort of orders (December 2020). But I’m beginning to think Tesla has something against me, personally. I’ve had zero movement in several months (no changes to order page), and I live 20 minutes away from Fremont. :(

R114299xxxx MSM LR / 22” / White Interior / 6 seat / No FSD (purchasing after the fact)
Tuesday or Wednesday for you.

Reactions: niogyn and Hebert
While I'm happy for those who are getting a VIN, I am frustrated by the lack of 5-seat deliveries. And I expect Plaid buyers are even more frustrated, considering the higher price tag.
I’m frustrated but probably not more than anyone else. I know I bought a higher priced plaid but honestly, what’s the difference between $120k and $100k? We are all paying a crap ton of money and are equally hyped.

But yes, I’m really looking forward to smoking Lambos and Ferraris on PCH.

Is this the wrap that gives your color a matte look?
Yes currently getting my Y done this way. Will drop off my X as well. My dude is burning the midnight oil still working on it at this time. Has my car for stealth wrap, window tint, windshield tint and ceramic coating. Attached was yesterdays update. I’m still waiting for todays update

Attachments

• 8B893F41-1FC9-4320-9F1D-56342D5F9625.jpeg
    8B893F41-1FC9-4320-9F1D-56342D5F9625.jpeg
    631.8 KB · Views: 62
Yes currently getting my Y done this way. Will drop off my X as well. My dude is burning the midnight oil still working on it at this time. Has my car for stealth wrap, window tint, windshield tint and ceramic coating. Attached was yesterdays update. I’m still waiting for todays update

Wow! Looks light nice! I was thinking about doing the same but wasn’t sure how a matte white would turn out. Thanks for the pics. Would you mind sharing the cost for wrapping, tinting, and ceramic coating? Thanks!

All in for everything it’s just under 6K on the Y we haven’t talked about pricing on the X yet but assume it might be close to that figure.

The windshield and front windows are getting a ceramic tint and it’s a 5 year ceramic coat although I truly think that’s marketing 😂.

Dude is pretty awesome. He spent the full first day prepping the car taking off trim and such so he can wrap around edges. By 4PM yesterday he had wrapped everything except the bumpers. I didn’t chat with him today but I assume he finished up bumpers and rebuilt the car so he can apply ceramic coating tomorrow

Reactions: lexus26