Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will switching from 5 seater to 6 seater (Plaid) potentially move me up in delivery, OR to the back of the line? Understand any grandfathered pricing is lost on configuration updates, but doesn't apply to me since I have Plaid. Currently April estimate, but thinking of switching to 6 seater via in-account config update but not if will be pushed to back of line. Better off contacting an SA to do it?

Will switching from 5 seater to 6 seater (Plaid) potentially move me up in delivery, OR to the back of the line? Understand any grandfathered pricing is lost on configuration updates, but doesn't apply to me since I have Plaid. Currently April estimate, but thinking of switching to 6 seater via in-account config update but not if will be pushed to back of line. Better off contacting an SA to do it?
Yeah. I'd contact an SA although they are usually clueless too. Pretty sure you won't lose your spot but will pay extra for the 6 seats vs 5 seats. Doubt it will push you up from April. But what the heck do I know?

Just order a new one and see what comes first…

• Funny
Reactions: Empty tank
I stumbled upon the TMC MX order tracker and noticed there are no recent VINers updates on there. Is that not really used any more for tracking?

It could be useful to not have to scroll through page after page to figure out who has been assigned a VIN, with what build, when, etc.

Otherwise, here is the form that allows you to add/edit an entry in the
Or use the form like the Squid games, get a Vin and your out 🤭

I’m really excited seeing all the VINners from my cohort of orders (December 2020). But I’m beginning to think Tesla has something against me, personally. I’ve had zero movement in several months (no changes to order page), and I live 20 minutes away from Fremont. :(

R114299xxxx MSM LR / 22” / White Interior / 6 seat / No FSD (purchasing after the fact)
You'll become a VINner this week! If not... At least in "2 weeks" 😂

About every 100 pages or so, I feel the need to rant. Last time @TWENT2 talked me off the ledge. I am feeling the need again…

Back in 2012, I put a deposit on an early Model S. Had all the upgrades and one of the highest price tags. Got cold feet, cancelled order, bought a Dodge Challenger (as he turns away to avoid being slipped silly by every TMC member simultaneously..). Six months later, sold the Chally, re-ordered the Tesla and called Tesla to ask about my place in line. My SA (I still remember his name. He was great) told me that if I re-order the same configuration, I would essentially jump in line to where I would have been had I never cancelled (ie, I’d jump the line cause I was buying a high margin vehicle). That’s exactly what happened.

It seems that Tesla has been following this bull*sugar* practice ever since: prioritizing delivery of the highest margin cars over RN, order date, etc. Fast forward to 2021. Sold my MX to buy Refresh. Ordered pre-refresh. Got really frustrated and took it out on my SA. He called my bluff and cancelled my pre-refresh order. So, I had to re-order (this time in May), lose my place in line and my $2k savings for ordering pre-refresh. Major kick in the rocks. At time same time I ordered the MX, I ordered a Plaid MS. May order. June delivery. Again, high margin first.

Until now!!!! After waiting for about a year for this damn MX Plaid, Elon decides to: 1. Not go nuts trying to crush EOQ deliveries, and 2. Appears to be doing the right thing by actually assigning VIN’s in a fair and sensible manner - based on order date! Since technically, my active order is May (I assume my January cancelled order is wiped from the earth), it looks like I may be waaaayyy back in line. That’s not even considering the offhand comments by a few SA’s at the delivery “event” that cast doubt on the Plaid seeing the light of day any time soon.

Dammit!!!

OK. I’m done. Kind of like throwing up and suddenly feeling better. Except I don’t feel that much better.

@EV_LIFE, I need some of your good vibes. @TWENT2, some of your good sense.

Thank you.
You know... sometimes, there are aren't any comforting words to make things better... The only thing that helps is just to realize that you are in as good of company as you can be. We all understand your frustration and don't blame or judge you one bit for it.

I feel so much relief that I have a LR instead of a Plaid... But then think of all my friends who aren't in the same position. I pay less and deliver first? That's not consistent with all previous evidence.

@jbrowdy , I grant you your page 500 grant and I look forward to the next one! Although, at the rate we're adding pages, your page 600 rant will be on Thursday! 😂

Yes currently getting my Y done this way. Will drop off my X as well. My dude is burning the midnight oil still working on it at this time. Has my car for stealth wrap, window tint, windshield tint and ceramic coating. Attached was yesterdays update. I’m still waiting for todays update
Wow! I hope to find a shop here in AZ that can hook us up! Need to have tint before spring...

(Ahem) need to take delivery before spring! Lol

• Funny
Reactions: lexus26
I’m frustrated but probably not more than anyone else. I know I bought a higher priced plaid but honestly, what’s the difference between $120k and $100k? We are all paying a crap ton of money and are equally hyped.

But yes, I’m really looking forward to smoking Lambos and Ferraris on PCH.
I used to have a poster of a Testarossa on my wall as a kid. I won it at the state fair. I used to stare at it and dream about going that fast.

In less than 2 months (or so) I'll be hauling my family of 5 even faster!