Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And mine hasn't changed. Still shows September.
I appreciate some of your optimism here, but August is 2 weeks away. And we've had what, 2 or 3 video sightings of test mules to date? I think it would be miraculous if ANY X's come off the line before 2022.
I consider August delivery to be END of August... same goes for my September EDD as I don't expect it until September 30th if I'm lucky.

Reactions: TheGringoShow
I have been informally following posts, and it seems like most of those showing a 2021 delivery date are Long Range. I have a Plaid on order and it's showing January (but, I cancelled an initial order and didn't order again until May, so that could explain the EDD).

Has anyone else noted this as a trend?

heh - old car would probably power limit immediately after hitting the limiter and start decelerating

the new one can probably actually maintain 155 for quite a while...meaning they need you to comply strictly with that V rating on the contis now, lol

Lets go boys!!! Model X line currently running at Fremont! 😎😎
5CF04CB3-7AB3-4D3B-817C-D7426FCBCE4C.jpeg

I'm sticking with my prediction that most California MXP orders will be fulfilled by the end of October (assuming they finally get stock of CF and White interior trims).

And yes, he claims data loss caused the shortened fremont factory flyover; though he did not mention seeing any Model X in the flyover description.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
As we get closer to the August EDD's, anticipation grows. Wasn't Sawyer the one who originally said July? Now he says unsure.

I have been informally following posts, and it seems like most of those showing a 2021 delivery date are Long Range. I have a Plaid on order and it's showing January (but, I cancelled an initial order and didn't order again until May, so that could explain the EDD).

Has anyone else noted this as a trend?
My Plaid is EDD November at the moment.

Maybe this is old news but I just noticed on the Completed Task tab Price Details the price is $69,990—below the anticipated federal tax rebate threshold—and Long Range is a $20,000 option. The design/order page only lists LR at $89,990.
Just checked again, on the announcement of the FSD subscription, and the agreement has changed back to $89,990 for the “Model X Long Range”
The terms still refer to Model S Plaid+ and is dated ”Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (v. 20210128 en_US)
Tesla, Inc. ©2021”

Elon has said buying FSD is a better deal than subscription but over what period of ownership? Do we suppose they will increase the subscription price?

Just checked again, on the announcement of the FSD subscription, and the agreement has changed back to $89,990 for the “Model X Long Range”
The terms still refer to Model S Plaid+ and is dated ”Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (v. 20210128 en_US)
Tesla, Inc. ©2021”

Elon has said buying FSD is a better deal than subscription but over what period of ownership? Do we suppose they will increase the subscription price?

Well, at $199/mnth, it would take 50 months (4 years 2 months) until you would pay the full amount. Things like interest payments, the terms of a loan, purchasing or leasing, how long you intend on holding onto the car and the forward value of money all influence the decision. I would think it'll eventually increase the price but that's something unknown. I'm also a bit worried about some of the issues over selling your car with FSD since there's conjecture that it doesn't always get transferred to the new owner and thus will have a devaluation issue on the vehicle.

Just put an order in for a LR, 7 seat with 22” wheels. Already have a 2017 X and was heavily debating getting a Y with 7 seats after we sold off my wife’s 3, but after taking a look inside it just felt too cramped. Seats would mostly be for kids anyways but we figured the X would fit us better long term.

I do wish the range was a little higher but oh wells, let’s go!

Just put an order in for a LR, 7 seat with 22” wheels. Already have a 2017 X and was heavily debating getting a Y with 7 seats after we sold off my wife’s 3, but after taking a look inside it just felt too cramped. Seats would mostly be for kids anyways but we figured the X would fit us better long term.

I do wish the range was a little higher but oh wells, let’s go!
I’m on a same boat. What color of exterior and interior? Mine is DBM with white interior.