Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so I declare the red Model X in the back row by the fence of the logistics lot @ 14:05 is mine. I see @ 14:12 a white one in the same back row along with in row X5 a white and a red, @14:14 back row behind X13 there's a white one (actually, I'll take either red one). All of 1 white on the actual loading area @ 14:21 and 14:40 on A16. @17:45 row BB9 Blue or grey at the front. That's all that I can see definitively, but there may be others out there.

I'm half tempted to pay this guy to zoom in close enough to read the VINs. 😉

Great video shot at the right time of day so you can see the shadow lines of the Falcon doors to differentiate from the Y.
You can pay him and he will try! After the first video, I told him I would pay him $20 to go try to find Plaid badges on the back of X’s. He then promptly went out and shot another video and you can see him back at the test track zooming on the X’s. This is his PayPal link.

Maybe by the time they release the Mavic 10, it will be able to zoom enough for VINs, haha.

Side note, I would encourage more of us from this thread to donate $ to him so that he keeps doing this.

Although I've 'quit posting', I just wanted to drop a little bit of info I found today. I found out that the EQS was out and available here in Houston. So, I've got an appointment to go check it out on Tuesday when I have some free time. They have a few more arriving in Houston, so they are in stock. The level of service from the dealership (as much as I hate dealerships), is AMAZING compared to the crap we're getting now. I haven't even stepped foot in the dealership yet and they are keeping me communicated VERY well regarding any questions I may have prior to my visit. And get this... dealerships are CLOSED on Sundays in Houston yet they are sending me emails. No clue on markups or anything like that yet. But hey... competition is coming sooner than expected and that's a good thing. Unfortunately, this isn't competition for the MX but I'll take it. If my test drive goes well and I really dig the car, I may just make the jump. With my luck, I can almost guarantee you the minute I sign the dotted lines at the dealership, I'll get an email from Tesla saying I have a VIN.
Awesome! Keep us posted.
Mercedes-Benz may be a dealership model, but it's a true luxury dealership model. You're going to get a true luxury experience! Please post more and makeup jealous with all of the communication and and customer care you recurve from them.

So tomorrow I get to really frustrate my boss. I am very fortunate that with the length and breath of my career I have three weeks of paid vacation. I know that many don’t have this much time allotted to them. But as I noted, it’s been a career more than 20 years so I have three weeks of earned paid vacation. Tomorrow I get to inform my manager that because I was holding off until my Model X was delivered then taking a weeks vacation, The car never arrived, and I now have all three weeks to burn before the end of the year. So I’ll be taking the last three weeks of December off. I much would’ve rather to have use this time to make videos about my new model X and expand my channels objectives to focus on not only the model X, my solar panels, but also on destinations. I was looking forward to spending 2021 in my Model X cruising up and down the northeast reporting on the best places to stay that I have charging and the best locations with close charging options. So now I’ll have to look to 2022 start creating a content. If you’re interested in checking out my channel please click on this link to YouTube. And if you think I do a good job like, subscribe, and hit the notification bell.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqr5Np6t6-W-qN4YpcSzLA

i’m going to start creating new videos that focus on our shared experience from when the model X was announced to the release of the first vin’s. Who knows, you might even find yourself quoted in a video.

Thanks, Chris
Good luck Chris,

I just subscribed to support your channel!

Heck, our community is nothing if not support right?

Hey Tez, did you say you had your delivery date set for the 8th? Seems weird im still TBD for delivery date. They sent me a link to participate in a Teams orientation session but thats about it for now.
Hey! No, the guy I talked to on the phone told me that my car should be in Schaumburg around the 8th. Sorry, that was confusing. He told me I should expect a text message around that time with the next steps, which would be to submit final payment, esign contracts, and setup a delivery date. My account currently still says TBD as well.

Reactions: Mako11 and EV3_
You can pay him and he will try! After the first video, I told him I would pay him $20 to go try to find Plaid badges on the back of X’s. He then promptly went out and shot another video and you can see him back at the test track zooming on the X’s. This is his PayPal link.

Maybe by the time they release the Mavic 10, it will be able to zoom enough for VINs, haha.

Side note, I would encourage more of us from this thread to donate $ to him so that he keeps doing this.
Can we get him to see if he can get a clear shot of the papers on the dash, maybe it will day whats wrong or missing from these cars:p

I have a feeling this is going to be a good week for Model X news!
I love your description!
And
5249d76a-5dc1-4b41-8573-4b1fd5587b3f_text.gif

Since we love video to keep us entertained while we wait for another big VINner well, I came across this crazy story... A kid failed his driver test because he used regen breaking and didn't use the break pedal! #OnePedalLife #Model3

Since we love video to keep us entertained while we wait for another big VINner well, I came across this crazy story... A kid failed his driver test because he used regen breaking and didn't use the break pedal! #OnePedalLife #Model3
I saw that and immediately thought the DMV needs to get with the times. EVs are here now, time for them to retrain their driving examiners on new technologies.

Good luck Chris,

I just subscribed to support your channel!

Heck, our community is nothing if not support right?
Thanks! I really appreciate it! I am beginning to plan out the restart of the channel. I will be updating the amazing results of my solar panels and Powerwalls as well as chronicle my Model X journey. It made no sense to make video after video about waiting for the Model X when I had no idea when it might arrive. Now there is light at the end of the tunnel... be it a few months away its logical to restart now.

Reactions: TWENT2
This guy is probably adding the VIN to the system for us now.

afcac82c05dc785ec4215a8d5e15a608.gif
This was BY FAR, the most interesting part of the video! I was like...
WHAT'S ON THAT STICKER!?
Why is he writing something on the windshield?
What numbers is he typing on that laptop?
Did he just look at the drone?
Why is he wearing a mask by himself outdoors?

This was BY FAR, the most interesting part of the video! I was like...
WHAT'S ON THAT STICKER!?
Why is he writing something on the windshield?
What numbers is he typing on that laptop?
Did he just look at the drone?
Why is he wearing a mask by himself outdoors?
This comment is why my wife thinks I am a weirdo for being on a forum about a car..
BUT...
This comment is why I love this forum and confirms that I am not the only one wondering what he was doing here.. hahahaha
VIN VIN VIN give us the VINS!!!