Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, quick story. Originally the X (Tesla #1)we ordered was supposed to be for my wife. She had sold her car months earlier and in August we caved and ordered a Y for her. With a four month wait time given for the Y order, we decided to put in another order for a Y performance so we could get it in 5 weeks. After a month of waiting, the delivery date got pushed out so I started looking for an inventory car. Took a couple weeks but I was able to get one. Took delivery in September (Tesla #2) for my wife with the intention that now, I would take the X for myself. Thus I sold my truck in September. With no news on the X, and not having a car for a couple months, I decided to take the Y Performance that we still had on order and drive it until the X came in. Suddenly, the Y Performance got pushed out and the standard Y got a Vin. So since this is Tesla, I decided to take the bird in the hand and took delivery of a standard Y two weeks ago (Tesla #3). Of course the day after I took delivery, the Performance that I really wanted got moved up and also got a VIN (Tesla #4). Since we now had two Model Y's , I had no choice but to put the Performance Y on hold thinking that with the new give away bill likely to pass in the Senate, I would take delivery of the Performance Y in January after the bill passes in some form and take advantage of the 8-12,000 rebate. Maybe get it for my son or sell my wife’s (2021) and upgrade her to a 2022.
So I’ve taken delivery of two Teslas in the last three months. I’m supposed to get my third (the X) this month. I just got a nasty gram from Tesla saying if I don’t take delivery of the other Performance Y this year, they are going to cancel my order and keep my order fee. Are you kidding me? Nothing like knowing your customers and treating your best ones right. I know I know, these are first world problems but it still just blows my mind.

Not much news to report but I stopped by the Tesla “Dealership” in Reno and asked about my reservation. She said it was “in build mode” and I told her that that is what they have been saying for probably 3 months now. She said she has looked up other reservations for people for the X and theirs are not “in build” so that’s good and that mine should be in the next batch they make. We will see. Holding out some hope and positive vibes for news this week. Hope you all are doing well, I can’t wait to cruise around Lake Tahoe and shoot you all some pics!!!

So tomorrow I get to really frustrate my boss. I am very fortunate that with the length and breath of my career I have three weeks of paid vacation. I know that many don’t have this much time allotted to them. But as I noted, it’s been a career more than 20 years so I have three weeks of earned paid vacation. Tomorrow I get to inform my manager that because I was holding off until my Model X was delivered then taking a weeks vacation, The car never arrived, and I now have all three weeks to burn before the end of the year. So I’ll be taking the last three weeks of December off. I much would’ve rather to have use this time to make videos about my new model X and expand my channels objectives to focus on not only the model X, my solar panels, but also on destinations. I was looking forward to spending 2021 in my Model X cruising up and down the northeast reporting on the best places to stay that I have charging and the best locations with close charging options. So now I’ll have to look to 2022 start creating a content. If you’re interested in checking out my channel please click on this link to YouTube. And if you think I do a good job like, subscribe, and hit the notification bell.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBqr5Np6t6-W-qN4YpcSzLA

i’m going to start creating new videos that focus on our shared experience from when the model X was announced to the release of the first vin’s. Who knows, you might even find yourself quoted in a video.

Thanks, Chris

314C5CDC-462C-4A2F-B27D-2684C072EB18.png
BC00F1D9-208E-4713-92B3-AFD182A8FEEF.jpeg

Theres our spoke/rim-covers for the 22”

Ok, so I declare the red Model X in the back row by the fence of the logistics lot @ 14:05 is mine. I see @ 14:12 a white one in the same back row along with in row X5 a white and a red, @14:14 back row behind X13 there's a white one (actually, I'll take either red one). All of 1 white on the actual loading area @ 14:21 and 14:40 on A16. @17:45 row BB9 Blue or grey at the front. That's all that I can see definitively, but there may be others out there.

I'm half tempted to pay this guy to zoom in close enough to read the VINs. 😉

Great video shot at the right time of day so you can see the shadow lines of the Falcon doors to differentiate from the Y.

Ok, so I declare the red Model X in the back row by the fence of the logistics lot @ 14:05 is mine. I see @ 14:12 a white one in the same back row along with in row X5 a white and a red, @14:14 back row behind X13 there's a white one (actually, I'll take either red one). All of 1 white on the actual loading area @ 14:21 and 14:40 on A16. @17:45 row BB9 Blue or grey at the front. That's all that I can see definitively, but there may be others out there.

I'm half tempted to pay this guy to zoom in close enough to read the VINs. 😉

Great video shot at the right time of day so you can see the shadow lines of the Falcon doors to differentiate from the Y.
I'll take any of them at this point..

I'm going to try to maintain some restraint this week vs the constant refreshing state I've been in the last 2 weeks.