Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys quick update after taking delivery: Paint was not great, had some metal showing on one section and a lot of small scratches. Also car was not cleaned, my sub trunk had alot of shaving of something (ppf?) and one key fob straight up didnt work at all. Alignment of the right FWD was super off, interior passenger water barrier was not installed correctly and lastly the hood was badly aligned. Lastly, there was a sketchy looking weld in the right FWD door jamb area.

TLDR: Bring a squad of friends and look at EVERYTHING. I have my service appointment scheduled already and be sure you do it for paint related issues before 100 miles or 24 hours otherwise telsa may fight you on it. Car is super nice and will take some getting used to but the quality issues are souring me in the back of my head.
Wow. I guess it makes me sort of thankful I don’t have one of the first batches…

After yesterday’s disappointing delivery cancellation and unknown status, got a call this morning that my Red X was ready for pickup.
I want to thank this thread for the support and better communication that the Tesla team! Here are some pics. Driving experience to follow. View attachment 743375
Wowwww gorgeous. I mean wow.
Waiting on my RED LR X 7 seater FSD

After yesterday’s disappointing delivery cancellation and unknown status, got a call this morning that my Red X was ready for pickup.
I want to thank this thread for the support and better communication that the Tesla team! Here are some pics. Driving experience to follow. View attachment 743375
That’s an absolute stunner. Congratulations and enjoy.

Accepted my delivery yesterday. For the price you pay for the car, customer service experience was really bad. But the car is worth every day, every minute of that 2 year wait. For the folks who are loosing patience, I know it’s easier said than done but please hang in there, I don’t believe there is another car like X in the market today or will be anytime in near future. This car is holy grail of tech EV. Here is a glimpse of my black on black, 22” wheel. Will be dropping off to get the calipers painted to Red.

Attachments

• 6383FF53-B200-4D94-A463-FC7320E9C0F5.jpeg
    6383FF53-B200-4D94-A463-FC7320E9C0F5.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 154
Jeebus... IT'S GEORGOUS. CONGRATS

Accepted my delivery yesterday. For the price you pay for the car, customer service experience was really bad. But the car is worth every day, every minute of that 2 year wait. For the folks who are loosing patience, I know it’s easier said than done but please hang in there, I don’t believe there is another car like X in the market today or will be anytime in near future. This car is holy grail of tech EV. Here is a glimpse of my black on black, 22” wheel. Will be dropping off to get the calipers painted to Red.
Congrats

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Accepted my delivery yesterday. For the price you pay for the car, customer service experience was really bad. But the car is worth every day, every minute of that 2 year wait. For the folks who are loosing patience, I know it’s easier said than done but please hang in there, I don’t believe there is another car like X in the market today or will be anytime in near future. This car is holy grail of tech EV. Here is a glimpse of my black on black, 22” wheel. Will be dropping off to get the calipers painted to Red
BOLD and BEAUTIFUL. 22 in wheels without missing inserts. CONGRATULATIONS and ENJOYS THE BEAST

So, late this afternoon I decided to take a stroll to my local dealership and look for my car… And I found it!

During my loitering I ran into and talked with two really friendly employees at the site. Some interesting details I thought all of us waiters would appreciate:
  • My car was one of eightXs to arrive today. The employees said this was by far the biggest single day shipment of the new refreshed X. Prior to that, there were only a “trickle” of cars, “less than 5” at that particular dealership since the model was released.
    • While walking around, I saw white, red, blue, silver, and black. They all look absolutely stunning. I gotta say i love the cream/white interiors… but kids.
    • One employee mentioned this is Tesla’s ramp up season / part of the quarter. “Things are about to get spicy”, with “delivery trucks usually waiting to unload into the dealership” in the coming week or two. So while I am sure this is mostly for the 3/Y, and not to get everyone’s hopes up, but it does seem like they are on the precipice of a step change in delivery cadence. 🤞🤞🤞
  • They were a bit obsessed with ensuring a quality delivery of the X. “We had problems in the past, we’ve listened to our customers, so we really spend extra time on the inspections from factory to dealership.” He said they had actually already “failed“ several Xs already requiring repairs before being handed over to the buyer. Fortunately, mine was only missing some frunk liner, which sounds like is easy to get from Fremont.
    • Looking at the cars they had tape all over the vehicle and writing + labels on the windshield. There were clear indicators of passed inspections at the factory (green stickers), and several cars had yellow stickers with identified problems hand-written. Mine had one indicating the liner was missing, and there was one other indicating a failed Falcon door.
  • My car was diiiirty. Clearly mine was one of those sitting in the dirt out by the track! The employee said the only thing sitting between me and delivery was cleaning and buffing the paint a bit.
  • #22covergate: I pointed out my car was missing the covers on the 22” wheels. He said that they are probably in the car and still need to be attached prior to delivery. He mentioned some specific other Tesla vehicle wheels are the same deal: they ship to the dealership requiring some final assembly there. For those that have shipped without the covers, they were probably forgotten…
  • The Fremont factory is a 24/7 operation with shifts around the clock. Not sure if others knew that or not, but I hadn’t quite realized that until he said it.
  • The two employees were really nice. Instead of telling me to get off the property, they were friendly and actively engaged. It was actually their suggestion to look for my specific car in the lot, and he offered to help! I mentioned how well the process seems to be going once I got a VIN (last night), but how poor the communication/expectation setting was up until that point His response was going back to their focus on quality, specifically citing all of the additional inspections. Reading between the lines, I think their added testing found more problems, resulting in delays to re-test and fix all vehicles etc. Hopefully it has the desired result and was not all for none with customers finding issues anyway…
Here are some pictures I managed to snap, trying not to be too much of a paparazzi :) Happy to share the experience!

Attachments

• 7C6F978B-A89C-4A47-B30C-D170A29329C4.jpeg
    7C6F978B-A89C-4A47-B30C-D170A29329C4.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 131
  • D0B919B7-6D67-49D5-9A9C-DB59CF08A9BA.jpeg
    D0B919B7-6D67-49D5-9A9C-DB59CF08A9BA.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 129
  • 8B2112C6-71F5-4886-A59B-994159FB75E2.jpeg
    8B2112C6-71F5-4886-A59B-994159FB75E2.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 60FAB48F-F73C-43F6-8C1B-58CC68E4A4A5.jpeg
    60FAB48F-F73C-43F6-8C1B-58CC68E4A4A5.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 128
  • E38F0A34-0B10-46CD-9A0C-F365E743566C.jpeg
    E38F0A34-0B10-46CD-9A0C-F365E743566C.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 7E27F853-B285-447F-9168-632D750996A9.jpeg
    7E27F853-B285-447F-9168-632D750996A9.jpeg
    469.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 62413E98-9A03-4BE9-9FC5-456863C2416F.jpeg
    62413E98-9A03-4BE9-9FC5-456863C2416F.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 137
I'm really happy with you guys receiving yours Model X, they are starting to ramp up production :cool:

Until last friday i was not in a hurry to get mine, but yesterday i got some amazing news, and i will need to get the car in the beginning of august, my wife is pregnant with our second child, my Leaf will become a little short, i hope Tesla can keep the promise of starting deliveries in Europe on the second semester hopefully in the beguining.

Now i'm not only expecting my Model X 😅