Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

Delivery day has arrived.

I met my X today and it was a pleasant surprise.
My delivery was originally scheduled for today at 4pm but it was pushed until tomorrow 5pm because the temp tag is not yet available.
So we went to the SC and asked the employee there to see if it's in the store.
The manager came out and greeted us then took us to the back area where they prep the car.
There she was, in the very back corner of the hanger, looking so much bigger than I remember.
The manager was very excited himself since he is delivering the very first refreshed X in Houston, the 4th largest city in the USA.

He said Tesla learned the lesson from the S delivery wave and now spent extra time to inspect the X. He said everything looks good, except for a very small dent on the front hood which they will have the dent guy come and fix tomorrow morning. It's one that you can pull out.
He will call me tomorrow as soon as it's ready.
He also said that they expect the next X in Houston in 2 weeks.
@Stro

I met my X today and it was a pleasant surprise.
My delivery was originally scheduled for today at 4pm but it was pushed until tomorrow 5pm because the temp tag is not yet available.
So we went to the SC and asked the employee there to see if it's in the store.
The manager came out and greeted us then took us to the back area where they prep the car.
There she was, in the very back corner of the hanger, looking so much bigger than I remember.
The manager was very excited himself since he is delivering the very first refreshed X in Houston, the 4th largest city in the USA.

He said Tesla learned the lesson from the S delivery wave and now spent extra time to inspect the X. He said everything looks good, except for a very small dent on the front hood which they will have the dent guy come and fix tomorrow morning. It's one that you can pull out.
He will call me tomorrow as soon as it's ready.
He also said that they expect the next X in Houston in 2 weeks.
@Stro
Nice! Your baby will be out of NICU soon. And I highly doubt that next one is me. I can't take delivery in two weeks anyway as I'm in FL.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Nice! Your baby will be out of NICU soon. And I highly doubt that next one is me. I can't take delivery in two weeks anyway as I'm in FL.
I was in shocked seeing it after 13 months and I didn't look at any flaws or anything. It's for another time :)
Seems like people got the VIN by checking their app or account. No msg or email.
So you may get it sooner than you think.

I'm building a new house and got a chance to do 3 cars garage, one bay for 2 car and the other for the Cybertruck. 12' ceiling, 11' wide and 23' long.
Wikipedia has this for Cybertruck
Wheelbase149.9 in (3,807 mm)[8]
Length231.7 in (5,885 mm)[9]
Width79.8 in (2,027 mm)[10]
Height75 in (1,905 mm)

Model X is about 198″ L x 79″ W x 66″ H
Make sure you leave ample height in the garage. If you ever need to stack cars you need enough room for a four post lift with two cars on it. Can’t make it higher once your done, so do it now. I personally would kill for another couple feet of height in my garage.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hi, lurker turned poster here! 🙋🏻‍♀️Returning to you (probably for the last time) with updates since my last post - almost 100 pages ago 🤯. As you know, my new MX was sent back almost Immediately upon receipt due to FWD issues.

After sending my car back, I promptly called for an update. Status was “tech is looking at it. No ETA”. I continue to call sometimes daily, sometimes multiple times a day until I got an updated status of “your FWD was misaligned and we also found paint damage because of it. We’re fixing both. ETA 3 days from now”. Three days turned into 5 more days.

Five more days came, I called again. However, I was sent straight to hold music. This has never happened before so I’m pretty sure they blocked me. But of course it did not deter me from keep redialing even though it got me to no one. I was determined to wait out the hold music. Finally, someone picked up. She said “the SC is aware that you want your car. They are working on it.” I asked if there’s an updated ETA as the last date I received expired. She said she’ll follow up and call me back. No call back.

At this point I’m feeling like a creepy stalker who can’t take a hint. Gosh - it’s like dating again - which clearly I suck. I told my husband and he laughed. At least someone finds humor in this situation- or perhaps he sees a version of himself years ago while trying pursue me 🤷🏻‍♀️😂🤣

The next day (11th day), while trying to think of how to sweet talk my rep into more information, I got a phone call. 🙌 hallelujah 🙌 I cried the same tears of joy as when I became a VINer 😭 She said my car can be picked up as early as tomorrow. Of course, I took the first appointment available.

Alas…the glorious “tomorrow” has arrived (12th day)! But I couldn’t leave the house without first sharing with you all, my day ones (actually my page 200s rather).

If we have only one lesson to learn, it is Tesla is 💯% committed to their communications model. “absence makes the heart grow fonder.” 😉
Love that you reported and were finally able to get that starship back. Can you tell us more about your experiences with the car? Acceleration compared to old, range, seat comfort, quietness at speed, sound system, etc.?

Ok, she is home.
Thanks a lot to everyone on this forum. It was the most supportive and informative place for me for last 10 months. I know I was mostly lurking but here is my last update with pics. Good luck for all who is waiting. This car is a beast and worth waiting(communication at Tesla still sucks:)).
p.s. on a pick there front trunk looks misaligned it is actually not fully closed. Everything is aligned very good with small exception of right side doors. But I guess it is normal. I think those who don't know where to look won't see misalignment.

Attachments

• PXL_20211212_203137355.jpg
    PXL_20211212_203137355.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20211212_185619640.jpg
    PXL_20211212_185619640.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20211212_185544829.jpg
    PXL_20211212_185544829.jpg
    727 KB · Views: 84
  • PXL_20211212_185540152.jpg
    PXL_20211212_185540152.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 99
  • PXL_20211212_185520961.jpg
    PXL_20211212_185520961.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20211212_185518201.jpg
    PXL_20211212_185518201.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 91
  • PXL_20211212_185455772.jpg
    PXL_20211212_185455772.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 97
  • PXL_20211212_185502841.jpg
    PXL_20211212_185502841.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20211212_185446738.jpg
    PXL_20211212_185446738.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Seriously?

- Metal showing where paint should be
- Lots of little scratches
- Dirty car
- Shavings of something in the trunk
- One fob doesn’t work
- Doors not aligned

If you wouldn’t notice these things then I would venture to say you are unique buyer amongst the rest of us spending $100k-$150k on a vehicle.
Yeah the detailer will probably tell me, or buff out the scratches and say nothing. Fine. I may not notice the paint if its in a hidden area. I only use one fob anyway, and with the refresh will only keep the fobs on a hook at home for emergencies. I don't sweat the details. You own a house for years. There are probably cracks from earthquakes, settling, leafs laying on the roof, termite damage that's hard to see, fading paint, appliances that don't work as good as new, all kinds of stuff. Or kids run roughshod over it. I don't bellow at the guy that sold me the house. When things really get bad, you get em fixed. Cleaners sweep thru once a week. Pool guy adds salt. Poop picker upper rolls thru. You upgrade some rooms or buildout. Same with the car. Why peer so closely with a magnifying glass with your Sherlock cap on at the car, then put the magnifying glass and cap away somewhere in a dirty garage or drawer?

Have someone fix the details at some point, but before that, ease up. Life is too short.

Last edited:
Yeah the detailer will probably tell me, or buff out the scratches and say nothing. Fine. I may not notice the paint if its in a hidden area. I only use one fob anyway, and with the refresh will only keep the fobs on a hook at home for emergencies. I don't sweat the details. You own a house for years. There are probably cracks from earthquakes, settling, leafs laying on the roof, termite damage that's hard to see, fading paint, appliances that don't work as good as new, all kinds of stuff. Or kids run roughshod over it. I don't bellow at the guy that sold me the house. When things really get bad, you get em fixed. Cleaners sweep thru once a week. Pool guy adds salt. Poop picker upper rolls thru. You upgrade some rooms or buildout. Same with the car. Why peer so closely with a magnifying glass with your Sherlock cap on at the car, then put the magnifying glass and cap away somewhere in a dirty garage or drawer?

Have someone fix the details at some point, but before that, ease up. Life is too short.
Big reason is because if you buy a used house, you expect some of that. You build a custom house new and the paint is off, trim is misaligned, floor boards are sticking up, etc that's not acceptable. Heck my builder had a 25 page checklist we did together that even included did any screens have holes, all doors opening and closing properly, etc.

Accepted my delivery yesterday. For the price you pay for the car, customer service experience was really bad. But the car is worth every day, every minute of that 2 year wait. For the folks who are loosing patience, I know it’s easier said than done but please hang in there, I don’t believe there is another car like X in the market today or will be anytime in near future. This car is holy grail of tech EV. Here is a glimpse of my black on black, 22” wheel. Will be dropping off to get the calipers painted to Red.
First delivery with the inserts on the wheels. Have to jiggled them at all to see how they attach? Easy to take off?
Glad to see you got the completed wheels and hope others get theirs sorted soon!

Looking for opinions:

I really need a Model X by mid-May to tow the travel trailer I ordered. I have a Model X LR order, currently with an EDD of April. Now, Tesla has a used Model X in my area (no delivery charge!) with a configuration that would work well for me. Should I buy the used Model X now or continue to wait for my new order? If I buy the used now, I could trade up whenever the new Model X arrives. Alternately, if I wait and my order is delayed, I could look for another used Model X when it gets closer to delivery of the travel trailer.

Last edited: